Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Oscar nominated filmmakers are directing lottery documentary

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 10 years ago by familytripps.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
los angeles
United States
Member #51827
April 26, 2007
31 Posts
Posted: April 26, 2007, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Thanks so much to all of you who emailed me your responses to my previous post. We received some really interesting stories and we would like to explain a little more about our project and give more of you an opportunity to be part of our new documentary film.

The creators of the Oscar nominated and Emmy-winning documentary film, “Spellbound”, are looking for interesting stories to include in their current documentary about the lottery that will explore themes of money, luck, and reaching for the American dream.

Over the last few years we have traveled around the country conducting interviews with lottery winners and players, and now we are particularly interested in speaking with people who play the lottery often and with an uncommon passion or drive.

We have been impressed reading the lottery post forum and seeing what a dynamic community there is surrounding the lottery.  Many of you have given a great deal of thought to such a variety of issues within the complex world of the lottery.  We hope that you will consider sharing your thoughts and stories in our documentary.

If you are interested in sharing some of your lottery stories, you may contact me first via private message (PM). If after speaking on the phone, we feel your story would be an exciting one for our documentary, we will consider coming to your town to interview you in person.

We wish you much luck and look forward to hearing from you!

Sean Welch

Producer

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19891 Posts
    Posted: April 26, 2007, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

"Thanks so much to all of you who emailed me your responses to my previous post."

Under your name familytripps it says you just joined today and this is your first post.  Where is your previous post?  If you really believe LP is a dynamic community of people who give a great deal of thought to so many issues, why are you posting such a story in your first post?  Didn't you think your post would be given some thought too?  Sounds like you're looking for some suckers for a mailing list.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coastal Georgia
      United States
      Member #2653
      October 30, 2003
      1866 Posts
      Posted: April 26, 2007, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

familytripps, just post the link to your previous post that you refer to.

I'll decide from there................

JADELottery's avatar - Inky Move-01.gif
        The Quantum Master
        West Concord, MN
        United States
        Member #21
        December 7, 2001
        3680 Posts
        Posted: April 26, 2007, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Suspicious, beware the flattery and stardom/fame based scam.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
        Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
        Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
        Knowledge is Beyond Belief
        Wisdom is Not Censored
        Douglas Paul Smallish
        Jehocifer

los angeles
          United States
          Member #51827
          April 26, 2007
          31 Posts
          Posted: April 26, 2007, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

rjoh~

your concern is a valid one and something i have been discussing with todd via email.

here is a description of the chain of events surrounding my posts...

last year, a co-worker of mine posted a message similar to the one i posted today.  strangely, she was able to include an email address and our office number in the message.  we received replies from her message. 

then i posted a message last week, again including my email address and phone number.  todd deleted that messagebecause i had violated lottery post's rules.  so, after communicating with todd via email and clearing my message with him, i re-posted again today without my email address and phone number.  this is why it appears that this is my first post.

and i do believe LP is a dynamic community.  i have read people's messages from time to time and have been impressed, fascinated, educated and entertained.

if you do a google search for my name and/or my film, SPELLBOUND, you can find out more information about me and the type of filmmaking approach i take.

i hope my explanation above gives you all a better understanding of my intentions.

thank you,

~sean

JADELottery's avatar - Inky Move-01.gif
            The Quantum Master
            West Concord, MN
            United States
            Member #21
            December 7, 2001
            3680 Posts
            Posted: April 26, 2007, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

rjoh~

your concern is a valid one and something i have been discussing with todd via email.

here is a description of the chain of events surrounding my posts...

last year, a co-worker of mine posted a message similar to the one i posted today.  strangely, she was able to include an email address and our office number in the message.  we received replies from her message. 

then i posted a message last week, again including my email address and phone number.  todd deleted that messagebecause i had violated lottery post's rules.  so, after communicating with todd via email and clearing my message with him, i re-posted again today without my email address and phone number.  this is why it appears that this is my first post.

and i do believe LP is a dynamic community.  i have read people's messages from time to time and have been impressed, fascinated, educated and entertained.

if you do a google search for my name and/or my film, SPELLBOUND, you can find out more information about me and the type of filmmaking approach i take.

i hope my explanation above gives you all a better understanding of my intentions.

thank you,

~sean

Suspicion reduced.

Should have been explained in the beginning.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
            Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
            Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
            Knowledge is Beyond Belief
            Wisdom is Not Censored
            Douglas Paul Smallish
            Jehocifer

los angeles
              United States
              Member #51827
              April 26, 2007
              31 Posts
              Posted: April 26, 2007, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Suspicion reduced.

Should have been explained in the beginning.

true.  i'm still learning about this message posting process.

United States
                Member #34266
                March 1, 2006
                188 Posts
                Posted: April 26, 2007, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Just another film producer scamming for story ideas, without having to pay for them. 

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2007, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I remember see his name "familytripps" about a month ago.

United States
                    Member #34266
                    March 1, 2006
                    188 Posts
                    Posted: April 26, 2007, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I predict a year from now, a LP member will be posting how his/her lottery story ended up becoming a movie, and he/she ended up making no money.  Please LP members don't be giving away your story ideas.  I good story idea, pays real money.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19891 Posts
                      Posted: April 26, 2007, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I predict a year from now, a LP member will be posting how his/her lottery story ended up becoming a movie, and he/she ended up making no money.  Please LP members don't be giving away your story ideas.  I good story idea, pays real money.

That's as predictable as some LP member posting their lucky numbers were the winning numbers in a lottery drawing but they didn't win any money because someone else played them. 

Unfortunately, simply having a good idea doesn't pay anything, it's the people who act on them and get lucky that make the money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: April 26, 2007, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Although if someone wants to make a film about my life, it begins...I was born the 4th puppy of a lost poodle. 

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: April 26, 2007, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Why not check with Todd to corroborate his story...

If is true and what this guy is saying is true, I never thought LP would get to this point...

If there is something i'll like to tell people on TV is that i believe that the lottery could perhaps be won with the use of a supercomputer, a modest one will be one that can do 25 Billion Calculations per second...And that it could do simulations and other things and perhaps win the lottery...Maybe you may not be able to win Powerball, but you might be able to win PIck6/49 and pick6/42 (Win For Life)with it...I'll say that Powerball has too many combinations...I will also suggest the idea of a lottery channel....

I also would like to talk about the Trillion dollar Global lottery they are planning to create in England and my opinions about it...

And thirdly i will like to tell them that i believe that there are people out there that have hot wheels, way too hot and that they sell it to the highest bidder and can win the lottery Like the owner of lotterywheels i believe the owner of lotterywheels is not telling us the entire truth in his website....

And finally, i will mention the predictors that LP's got...If they ask me: "Do you think you all can win the lottery" I am going to answer them, that pick5 LP can, we can but it will take some time....I'll tell them how close LP members get and i am going to ask him to check the entries/post...

I think i've heard of spellbound on TV but not sure...

If is true i would not sell my story, i will feel priveleged to send my message on TV, They will be doing me a favor, not me to them...But of course if the filmaker wants to contribute something i'll be more than happy to...And my question is if the filmaker decides not to make the documentary, then decades from now we are going to be regretting we never came on TV and we will be forgotten on LP for LP is not as popular as myspace website...Sorry to say it but LP is a little bit oscured on the gambling community...I bet you go to las Vegas and No one heard of LP...But i shouldn't say this but i am going to say it...If LP was also in spanish with the same name: Poste De Lottery Latino and it will be affiliated to LP, i am confident it will be wide open, it will be so so popular it will get to the popularity of Youtube...And that's where i think Todd is tripping, he needs to put a LP Latino in Spanish affiliated to LP in English....

"The Truth is Out There...."                              from movie "The X-Files"

United States
                            Member #34266
                            March 1, 2006
                            188 Posts
                            Posted: April 26, 2007, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

That's as predictable as some LP member posting their lucky numbers were the winning numbers in a lottery drawing but they didn't win any money because someone else played them. 

Unfortunately, simply having a good idea doesn't pay anything, it's the people who act on them and get lucky that make the money.

I disagree with your statement, good story ideas sell for thousands of dollars.  Its called a pitch, having been in the entertainment industry,  I know what I am talking about. 

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #50273
                              March 3, 2007
                              348 Posts
                              Posted: April 26, 2007, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

On other message boards, if we want to prove someone isn't faking an identity, we have that person take a picture holding up a sign that says the date, and hello "lottery post" (in this situation) and post it here.

I actually believe him though. 

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley