Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Oscar nominated filmmakers are directing lottery documentary

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 10 years ago by familytripps.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
los angeles
United States
Member #51827
April 26, 2007
31 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2007, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Again, to clarify, SPELLBOUND was nominated for an oscar, but did not win.  However, it did win an emmy.  After playing in theaters it screened on cinemax and then went to dvd.  Most recently, it has been on ifc.

I produced and recorded sound on SPELLBOUND.  I did not work on the Hitch film of the same name.  I wasn’t alive when that film was released.

Justxploring – your elementary school experience sounds simultaneously painful and hysterical.  Thanks for sharing.

Fxsterling – I have not received a phone message from you and I check my machine regularly.  I would be interested in hearing from you if you are interested in speaking with me.  Perhaps, we can communicate in PM.

Doubledown – although I have made a documentary, I’m not terribly technically savvy.  And when I don’t know how to do something I ask for assistance.  That’s why I was asking the LP community if there was an easy way for me to post a photograph somewhere on this site.  If this is possible then you all could compare the photo I post to the photo of me on our SPELLBOUND website to see they are of the same person.

If there is anything else you want me to clarify, let me know.

Thanks for reading and responding.

~Sean

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2007, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Again, to clarify, SPELLBOUND was nominated for an oscar, but did not win.  However, it did win an emmy.  After playing in theaters it screened on cinemax and then went to dvd.  Most recently, it has been on ifc.

I produced and recorded sound on SPELLBOUND.  I did not work on the Hitch film of the same name.  I wasn’t alive when that film was released.

Justxploring – your elementary school experience sounds simultaneously painful and hysterical.  Thanks for sharing.

Fxsterling – I have not received a phone message from you and I check my machine regularly.  I would be interested in hearing from you if you are interested in speaking with me.  Perhaps, we can communicate in PM.

Doubledown – although I have made a documentary, I’m not terribly technically savvy.  And when I don’t know how to do something I ask for assistance.  That’s why I was asking the LP community if there was an easy way for me to post a photograph somewhere on this site.  If this is possible then you all could compare the photo I post to the photo of me on our SPELLBOUND website to see they are of the same person.

If there is anything else you want me to clarify, let me know.

Thanks for reading and responding.

~Sean

Sean, 

No problem.

We as a community tend to be skeptical of newcomers with requests. I guess we have seen a lot of scams and are very savvy to them by now.  That has been my experience in my tenure here on LP- If I haven't learned anything else, I've learned to be skeptical .....

Forgive the cynicism . If you need anything more just let us know...

DD

los angeles
      United States
      Member #51827
      April 26, 2007
      31 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2007, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Sean, 

No problem.

We as a community tend to be skeptical of newcomers with requests. I guess we have seen a lot of scams and are very savvy to them by now.  That has been my experience in my tenure here on LP- If I haven't learned anything else, I've learned to be skeptical .....

Forgive the cynicism . If you need anything more just let us know...

DD

dd~

i understand and appreciate your skepticism and the skepticism of others in this community.  through emails with todd i have learned much in a short time. 

if there are any ways to make my intentions more transparent to this community i am open to trying them.

without developing a relationship of trust with the participants (parents, kids, spelling bee officials) i could not have made SPELLBOUND.  the same is true for this film.

~sean
        los angeles
        United States
        Member #51827
        April 26, 2007
        31 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2007, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

LP community~

i just had this thought...

if you got to my SPELLBOUND website you can read about me and my filmmaking partner, jeff.  you can also see our photos.  and you can obtain my email address.  if i respond to an email from that site i would hope that that would help to increase the probability of my sincerity.

does that seem reasonable?

~sean 
          Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7713 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2007, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Hello again,Sean.

I don't get why our PM's aren't working but I didn't receive your last one either. I hope you get a chance to look at what I sent you. Let me know here,thanks!

los angeles
            United States
            Member #51827
            April 26, 2007
            31 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2007, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Hello again,Sean.

I don't get why our PM's aren't working but I didn't receive your last one either. I hope you get a chance to look at what I sent you. Let me know here,thanks!

hi lotto~

yes, i did receive your PM.  i will have a look at what you sent me.

is the PM system often not working?

thank you,

~sean
              Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7713 Posts
              Posted: April 27, 2007, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

hi lotto~

yes, i did receive your PM.  i will have a look at what you sent me.

is the PM system often not working?

thank you,

~sean

Okey doke. Thanks! Occasionally it happens to me,I don't know about other folks. I'll have to ask Todd.

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: April 27, 2007, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Sean....

I typed spellbound on yahoo but could not find the website, what i found was spellbound DVD been sold but i couldn't find the website..I am going to try again...Also the PM that you sent me came out blank...so i could not read what you sent me...i am going to try and look for the website and see if i can see your email...

"The Truth is Out There....."                      from movie "The X-Files"

los angeles
                  United States
                  Member #51827
                  April 26, 2007
                  31 Posts
                  Posted: April 27, 2007, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

to pumpi76, lottolaughs, and others who have sent me private messages...

i have received them and have tried to respond.  however, so far none of my responses have reached you.  if you have any suggestions for how i might troubleshoot this, please let me know.

also, you can send me emails through my SPELLBOUND website, as i mentined above.

~sean
                    justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: April 27, 2007, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Sean....

I typed spellbound on yahoo but could not find the website, what i found was spellbound DVD been sold but i couldn't find the website..I am going to try again...Also the PM that you sent me came out blank...so i could not read what you sent me...i am going to try and look for the website and see if i can see your email...

"The Truth is Out There....."                      from movie "The X-Files"

http://www.spellboundmovie.com/index.php

Pumpi, I don't think I am allowed to post emails on Lottery post.  They are listed on the above site.

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: April 27, 2007, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Sean, 

I think if you check into a premium membership you will enjoy a better Lottery Post experience.

You can get a month of Platinum membership for < $9.00 and the benefits are numerous.

Sounds like you may be here on the site for a while so why not invest a few bucks ?

For starters, the site will load faster, the banner ads will disappear and your general experience will be more enjoyable.

Just click on the premium memberships icon on the left and take a little tutorial.

I'm not sure, but it could even remedy the PM issues....

DD

los angeles
                        United States
                        Member #51827
                        April 26, 2007
                        31 Posts
                        Posted: April 27, 2007, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

http://www.spellboundmovie.com/index.php

Pumpi, I don't think I am allowed to post emails on Lottery post.  They are listed on the above site.

justxploring~

yes, that is the correct website info.  thank you for posting it.

appreciatively,

~sean

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: April 27, 2007, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

I found your website Sean...

You have to type "spellbound movie" on yahoo and then you will see a website named S P E L L B O U N D you then click on it...

come up you then click on it...

Once you are on the website you click Launch...YOu click on filmmakers (this will be hard you may have to try it several times, and you may have to click on different things like clicking where it say: like the trailers, in theathers, festivals, pressnotes, etc for the filmmaker section to come up, i think it gets stuck....once you do that you scroll down and you can them click where it says contact film makers....

you know is funny i was reading about Sean Blitz and it says that he had an early fascination with speech...When coming to the U.S  i had problems with the language, and i developed a fascination with knowing vocabulary words (a bit similar to spelling bee, except that i don't think you need to know how to spell a word as long as you know what it means and a little bit how to spell it, you'll be ok)....I bought the book 1100 words you should know and like a dozen CD's titled  i think is 4,400 words you should know (i said to myself that i am going to hire someone to play the role of a professor and help me learn them but the thing is that i am so caugh up with saving money to buy my mother her house, once i am done i'll then do that)...I also like  the website FUNSTER  and i encourage all kids to join the spelling bee...But i favor the idea of creating a game like funster or similar to magic21 from gamesville that will make kids learn words in a fun way and get pay for it...I am not talking paying a lot of money for it, but getting paid like 2 dollars a day or something...

"The Truth is Out There"...                                      from movie "The X-Files"

Sunny California
                            United States
                            Member #40295
                            May 31, 2006
                            7713 Posts
                            Posted: April 27, 2007, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

For any of you who may still render any doubts about this being "on the level", I just emailed Sean at the movie site and he responded accordingly. Smile

So,again,if any of you would like to tell him stories and such,please write to him though the site,since he probably won't be able to respond to your PM's through here as of yet.

Thanks,Sean!

los angeles
                              United States
                              Member #51827
                              April 26, 2007
                              31 Posts
                              Posted: April 27, 2007, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Sean, 

I think if you check into a premium membership you will enjoy a better Lottery Post experience.

You can get a month of Platinum membership for < $9.00 and the benefits are numerous.

Sounds like you may be here on the site for a while so why not invest a few bucks ?

For starters, the site will load faster, the banner ads will disappear and your general experience will be more enjoyable.

Just click on the premium memberships icon on the left and take a little tutorial.

I'm not sure, but it could even remedy the PM issues....

DD

dd~

thanks for the suggestion.  i have upgraded to a premiuim membership which should be active within 24 hours.  if for nothing else, the faster loading will be worth every penny. i hope the PM issue is rectified as well but so far some people from this site has successfully emailed me through my website.

~sean