Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Oscar nominated filmmakers are directing lottery documentary

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 10 years ago by familytripps.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
los angeles
United States
Member #51827
April 26, 2007
31 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2007, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

I found your website Sean...

You have to type "spellbound movie" on yahoo and then you will see a website named S P E L L B O U N D you then click on it...

come up you then click on it...

Once you are on the website you click Launch...YOu click on filmmakers (this will be hard you may have to try it several times, and you may have to click on different things like clicking where it say: like the trailers, in theathers, festivals, pressnotes, etc for the filmmaker section to come up, i think it gets stuck....once you do that you scroll down and you can them click where it says contact film makers....

you know is funny i was reading about Sean Blitz and it says that he had an early fascination with speech...When coming to the U.S  i had problems with the language, and i developed a fascination with knowing vocabulary words (a bit similar to spelling bee, except that i don't think you need to know how to spell a word as long as you know what it means and a little bit how to spell it, you'll be ok)....I bought the book 1100 words you should know and like a dozen CD's titled  i think is 4,400 words you should know (i said to myself that i am going to hire someone to play the role of a professor and help me learn them but the thing is that i am so caugh up with saving money to buy my mother her house, once i am done i'll then do that)...I also like  the website FUNSTER  and i encourage all kids to join the spelling bee...But i favor the idea of creating a game like funster or similar to magic21 from gamesville that will make kids learn words in a fun way and get pay for it...I am not talking paying a lot of money for it, but getting paid like 2 dollars a day or something...

"The Truth is Out There"...                                      from movie "The X-Files"

pumpi~

i go to my website often and my experience is never as difficult as yours was.  maybe i should offer premium memberships on my website to speed up your process (just kidding).

again, becasue i feel clarity is vital here, especially in my position...

my name is sean welch, not sean blitz.  my filmmaking partner is jeff blitz.

i look forward to receiving your email.

thanks,

~sean

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2007, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

good luck with it sean!

i've wrote quite a few stories myself here about winning.my favorite one here involves hitting a pick 4 straight for 2,500 dollars right when the 'ol car blew an engine and was able to buy a new vehicle with winnings.you'll find a lot of great ones here!

los angeles
      United States
      Member #51827
      April 26, 2007
      31 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2007, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

good luck with it sean!

i've wrote quite a few stories myself here about winning.my favorite one here involves hitting a pick 4 straight for 2,500 dollars right when the 'ol car blew an engine and was able to buy a new vehicle with winnings.you'll find a lot of great ones here!

hi lottomike~

good to hear from you again.  i remember you from last year when my colleague, laura, posted the first message about our project.  she told me you were one of the strongest supporters of our project.

your timing for winning a pick 4 straight was perfect!

in addition to hearing stories of winning or losing, i'm also interested in hearing about people's passion for the lottery - from playing the lottery to co-inventing games.

recently, i was in des moines interviewing ed stanek, director of the iowa lottery and co-inventor of the powerball.  ed has a phd in physics.  although his passion for the lottery is different from other people's, it is still as interesting and fascinating to me as the passion that some players (whether they've won a large jackpot or not) have.

so, even if someone in this LP community might not think they have a great lottery story (like hitting a pick 4 straight like lottomike), i would still be interested in speaking with them if they are passionate about the lottery in their own way.  this certainly includes you, lottomike, if you're comfortable.

cheers,

~sean

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2007, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Lastly, i am going to mention that i feel they need to but easy games, like easy lotteries or Bingos around the world only for women...I feel very strongly about this...It is imperative they do this...I feel very very strong about this....Don't know how i forgot to mention it...

The co-inventor of the pOwerball/megaball didn't invent nothing, i could have invented that game, a baby could have invented that game...I don't know what's extraordinary about it...

"The Truth is Out There....."                            from movie "The X-Files"

los angeles
          United States
          Member #51827
          April 26, 2007
          31 Posts
          Posted: April 28, 2007, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Sean, 

I think if you check into a premium membership you will enjoy a better Lottery Post experience.

You can get a month of Platinum membership for < $9.00 and the benefits are numerous.

Sounds like you may be here on the site for a while so why not invest a few bucks ?

For starters, the site will load faster, the banner ads will disappear and your general experience will be more enjoyable.

Just click on the premium memberships icon on the left and take a little tutorial.

I'm not sure, but it could even remedy the PM issues....

DD

so, i upgraded to a premium membership and the site is loading much faster.  but, i am still having a problem with responding to PM's.  everytime i do so the recipient writes back to say they have received a blank note from me.

i've tried logging off and logging back on but that doesn't seem to help.  anybody have ideas for how i might troubleshoot this?

thanks, 

sean
            Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23273 Posts
            Posted: April 28, 2007, 10:15 am - IP Logged

so, i upgraded to a premium membership and the site is loading much faster.  but, i am still having a problem with responding to PM's.  everytime i do so the recipient writes back to say they have received a blank note from me.

i've tried logging off and logging back on but that doesn't seem to help.  anybody have ideas for how i might troubleshoot this?

thanks, 

sean

Make sure the cursor is blinking inside the text editor area when you press Enter to create a new line.  You may be inadvertantly submitting the page by pressing Enter when the editor does not have focus.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
              Member #34266
              March 1, 2006
              188 Posts
              Posted: April 28, 2007, 10:40 am - IP Logged

I see the lowly "d" girls have hit the lottery for  story ideas.  Next year all you LP members who gave your ideas away will be whinning on the LP boards.  Its called show biz not show friends.    Live and learn.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                Member #9517
                December 10, 2004
                1272 Posts
                Posted: April 28, 2007, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

I won't be smart to give away anything to these film people. Who knows what you will be portrayed like?

los angeles
                  United States
                  Member #51827
                  April 26, 2007
                  31 Posts
                  Posted: April 28, 2007, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Make sure the cursor is blinking inside the text editor area when you press Enter to create a new line.  You may be inadvertantly submitting the page by pressing Enter when the editor does not have focus.

yes, i have made certain that the cursor is blinking inside the text area when i press enter.  still, the same results.

thanks for the suggestion.

~sean
                    los angeles
                    United States
                    Member #51827
                    April 26, 2007
                    31 Posts
                    Posted: April 28, 2007, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I won't be smart to give away anything to these film people. Who knows what you will be portrayed like?

mw~

i can understand your concern and the concern of others.  i think my first film, SPELLBOUND, is representative of my filmmaking approach.  that is, i am not a tabloid or sensational filmmaker.  as an example, during interviews, i try to create as comfortable an environment for the people participating in the film.  if there are questions someone does not feel comfortable answering, then we move on to something else.

as i mentioned in an earlier post, the particpants in SPELLBOUND were pleased with how they were portrayed.  in fact, some of the families joined me on the press tour when the film was released in theaters.  we filmed in 1999 and i still email occasionally with some of the familes.

~sean
                      los angeles
                      United States
                      Member #51827
                      April 26, 2007
                      31 Posts
                      Posted: April 29, 2007, 12:23 am - IP Logged

good luck with it sean!

hi lottomike~

i've tried to respond to your PM's but unfortunately, i am still having trouble.  you can send me an email through my SPELLBOUND website and then we can communicate that way until my PM situation gets resolved.

i look forward to hearing from you.

cheers,

~sean
                        justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: April 29, 2007, 2:37 am - IP Logged

Lastly, i am going to mention that i feel they need to but easy games, like easy lotteries or Bingos around the world only for women...I feel very strongly about this...It is imperative they do this...I feel very very strong about this....Don't know how i forgot to mention it...

The co-inventor of the pOwerball/megaball didn't invent nothing, i could have invented that game, a baby could have invented that game...I don't know what's extraordinary about it...

"The Truth is Out There....."                            from movie "The X-Files"

What?  Bingo for women?  What did he say?

What?    Huh?  Ya got me.          What?    Duh?  Me too.           What?  I don't get it. 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: April 29, 2007, 2:39 am - IP Logged

I am not disagreeing with you or promoting this project, however when it comes to most Independent Films, it's usually about the art first and the money last.  Although right now, in my humble opinion, there are so many more important subjects to focus on than the lottery, but the lottery is more fun than studying world hunger, AIDS, war, serial killers, child molesters or mass shootings I suppose.

los angeles
                            United States
                            Member #51827
                            April 26, 2007
                            31 Posts
                            Posted: April 29, 2007, 9:28 am - IP Logged

I am not disagreeing with you or promoting this project, however when it comes to most Independent Films, it's usually about the art first and the money last.  Although right now, in my humble opinion, there are so many more important subjects to focus on than the lottery, but the lottery is more fun than studying world hunger, AIDS, war, serial killers, child molesters or mass shootings I suppose.

for jeff (my filmmaking partner) and me, it is about storytelling first, which can be considered "art."  in SPELLBOUND, we let the participants in our project allow us a glimpse into a world that most people know little about.  similarly, in this project about the lottery, we are talking to people who have different connections to the lottery, whether from winning a jackpot worth more than $200 million, co-inventing the powerball, or playing on a regular basis with high hopes and dreams of winning a big one.  it is through the stories of the participants in our documentaries that the audience is given a chance to learn about an interesting and historically relevant topic (the lottery), other people, and hopefully they will learn something about themselves.  does that make sense?

i welcome a culture that puts art first.

~sean
                              Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                              FEMA Region V Camp #21
                              United States
                              Member #520
                              July 27, 2002
                              5699 Posts
                              Posted: April 29, 2007, 9:49 am - IP Logged

Good luck in your project, Sean.  It sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

I must say this is a unique thread if you consider it genuine, which I do. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).