Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Oscar nominated filmmakers are directing lottery documentary

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 10 years ago by familytripps.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: April 26, 2007, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Something else i forgot to say is: I will suggest to the film maker of a lottery movie...The movie could be like the same style of a hacker...I think they should call the lottery movie "Hacker" but the kid doesn't hack computers but instead he hacks the lottery: )lol...I think it will sell..

Like from a young age this kid/girlkid found out he/she was gifted and had a special disposition/predilection for numbers, he was good in math, perhaps good in number theory from an early age and later found a system or invented a custom made software to crack the lottery....And then they show how the Feds or FBI (guys in Suit) are following him closely and trying to catch him...(are behind him but one step late)....But it has to be a good movie...I don't suggest a crappy movie...A movie with the same style of the movie The Fountain....I said style of the movie, not the movie....

You know something that could work...IF the kid in the movie now grown gives people on the street lottery tickets or makes a deal with them such as i give you the winning ticket you claim it and you give me 20 percent or something...Then they can show the lottery finding something odd with the way people win the lottery such as people winning the jackpot every draw and don't let the lottery climb....The lottery thens decides to check the winning tickets for fingerprints...They then check the winning tickets of hundreds of lottery winners for fingerprints and find that lots of the lottery winner's tickets have the same fingerprint that of the genius guy, and then they conduct an investigation...

"The Truth is Out There...."                          from movie "The X-Files"

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #46570
    September 14, 2006
    558 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2007, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Something else i forgot to say is: I will suggest to the film maker of a lottery movie...The movie could be like the same style of a hacker...I think they should call the lottery movie "Hacker" but the kid doesn't hack computers but instead he hacks the lottery: )lol...I think it will sell..

Like from a young age this kid/girlkid found out he/she was gifted and had a special disposition/predilection for numbers, he was good in math, perhaps good in number theory from an early age and later found a system or invented a custom made software to crack the lottery....And then they show how the Feds or FBI (guys in Suit) are following him closely and trying to catch him...(are behind him but one step late)....But it has to be a good movie...I don't suggest a crappy movie...A movie with the same style of the movie The Fountain....I said style of the movie, not the movie....

You know something that could work...IF the kid in the movie now grown gives people on the street lottery tickets or makes a deal with them such as i give you the winning ticket you claim it and you give me 20 percent or something...Then they can show the lottery finding something odd with the way people win the lottery such as people winning the jackpot every draw and don't let the lottery climb....The lottery thens decides to check the winning tickets for fingerprints...They then check the winning tickets of hundreds of lottery winners for fingerprints and find that lots of the lottery winner's tickets have the same fingerprint that of the genius guy, and then they conduct an investigation...

"The Truth is Out There...."                          from movie "The X-Files"

Sounds interesting, but I dont beleive people will want to go to the movies to see it...although I do see that it could be made for tv.

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

los angeles
      United States
      Member #51827
      April 26, 2007
      31 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2007, 11:38 am - IP Logged

i like the idea of posting my photo with the date and a sign that says, "hello, LP" or something like that.  if any of you have suggestions for how/where to post it, i'd be happy to do so.

for more clarity...

in my first film, SPELLBOUND, we approached parents of children who were preparing to compete in the national spelling bee.  we let them know that we wanted to come to their home towns and interview them about their experiences with spelling and spelling bees.  we allowed them to share with us, in their own words, whatever information they were comfortable having people know.  the families we covered in SPELLBOUND were pleased with how they were portrayed in the film.  our approach to this project is no different.  in my opinion, this doesn't seem like scamming for stories.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2007, 11:44 am - IP Logged

i like the idea of posting my photo with the date and a sign that says, "hello, LP" or something like that.  if any of you have suggestions for how/where to post it, i'd be happy to do so.

for more clarity...

in my first film, SPELLBOUND, we approached parents of children who were preparing to compete in the national spelling bee.  we let them know that we wanted to come to their home towns and interview them about their experiences with spelling and spelling bees.  we allowed them to share with us, in their own words, whatever information they were comfortable having people know.  the families we covered in SPELLBOUND were pleased with how they were portrayed in the film.  our approach to this project is no different.  in my opinion, this doesn't seem like scamming for stories.

I'm not sure, but I think you have to upgrade in order to use the upload feature, on your editor.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2007, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

I saw Spellbound (not only the Hitchc-o-ck movie!) which was an award winning documentary, although I didn't think it won the Oscar.  Anyway, you are saying you are one of the producers? 

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2007, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I saw Spellbound (not only the Hitchc-o-ck movie!) which was an award winning documentary, although I didn't think it won the Oscar.  Anyway, you are saying you are one of the producers? 

I think he's talking about a different movie with the same name. About spelling bee contests.

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3475 Posts
              Posted: April 27, 2007, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps there's a reason his subject says "Oscar nominated"instead of Oscar winning"? In the post that I read he clearly said that he's one of the producers. There's obviously a chance he isn't who he says he is, but assuming you can get google on your computer it's easy enough to see if there are any obvious holes in his story.

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3475 Posts
                Posted: April 27, 2007, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Just another film producer scamming for story ideas, without having to pay for them. 

Unless there's something truly special about your story, the price he offered is exactly what your story is worth.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: April 27, 2007, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I think he's talking about a different movie with the same name. About spelling bee contests.

Yes, that is what I said, isn't it?  It was on TV a couple of years ago.  It's also on DVD.  I had to use hyphens for Mr. Hitchc--k's name because of the LP filters.  I know they are 2 different movies.  The first Spellbound was made 62 years ago, so Mr. Welch would have to be very old if he was its producer!!

Yes, KY Floyd is correct.  Anyone can Google the movie and get information.  However, I am quite certain I saw this on a cable station a few years ago when I had premium channels like HBO, Showtime and Cinemax. 

I love film, but I would never want my story told.  When I was in elementary school I had to say one line on stage in a class play.  "Is Pooh hungry? Tea is served."  I said in front of the whole auditorium "Is Pooh served? Tea is hungry."  I've been hiding under a rock ever since.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                    United States
                    Member #19651
                    August 3, 2005
                    621 Posts
                    Posted: April 27, 2007, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

I called that # that was listed and sent info        but never heard back      I play 3 to 5 states but live in a state that has no lottery       Mississippi

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: April 27, 2007, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

for more clarity...

Not to be cynical, but if you can make a movie I'm sure you could figure out how to post a photo on a website....

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: April 27, 2007, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I sent a message to familytripps yesterday with my ideas (what i wrote here) and I haven't received no response...

I knew filmmakers were going to be interested in lottery lately and is because they are planning to create a Trillion dollar Global lottery abroad and it is going to be the biggest thing ever perhaps more important than the UFO incident and one reason is because is abroad and is going to be the biggest thing...

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres"......"                "You can't see it......."            "And it skins them....."                                          from movie "Predator 1"

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: April 27, 2007, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Yes, that is what I said, isn't it?  It was on TV a couple of years ago.  It's also on DVD.  I had to use hyphens for Mr. Hitchc--k's name because of the LP filters.  I know they are 2 different movies.  The first Spellbound was made 62 years ago, so Mr. Welch would have to be very old if he was its producer!!

Yes, KY Floyd is correct.  Anyone can Google the movie and get information.  However, I am quite certain I saw this on a cable station a few years ago when I had premium channels like HBO, Showtime and Cinemax. 

I love film, but I would never want my story told.  When I was in elementary school I had to say one line on stage in a class play.  "Is Pooh hungry? Tea is served."  I said in front of the whole auditorium "Is Pooh served? Tea is hungry."  I've been hiding under a rock ever since.

When I was in elementary school I had to say one line on stage in a class play.  "Is Pooh hungry? Tea is served."  I said in front of the whole auditorium "Is Pooh served? Tea is hungry."  I've been hiding under a rock ever since.

When I was in the 6th grade, We did the play "Grease", and I was "Teen angel". The worst part wasn't my singing, because I loved to sing and did a great job. The bad part is that the teacher was an idiot. How can you have a musical without music? Duh!...Every part that had to be sung in the play was done without any musical accompaniment.

I had to sing "Beauty school drop out" without music...Bang Head

Not to mention the getup they had me in. All white with these huge angel wings attached. I have pictures...so funny...LOL

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8364 Posts
                            Posted: April 27, 2007, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Heres the link to the trailer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0334405/

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005