Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Help Please!!

Topic closed. 74 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: August 11, 2007, 2:13 am - IP Logged

Thank you ladee. PRAYING is good and GOD never fails!!!

GOD BLESS!!!!

And some Katrina victims are still in dire straights and you know the rest about the donated funds.  Prayer is so powerful, if you do not have the funds, you can pray for the relief that they need at this time.  EVERYBODY has a down day.  When your down dayI Agree! comes, remember how you reacted to someone else's down day.

United States
    Member #49805
    February 15, 2007
    412 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2007, 2:49 am - IP Logged

truth,. 

- change is hotter than your life 's -  "so, get through it and accept it if not i cannot tell less.....  but you did all good a helper will come... " 

- be a strong

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: August 11, 2007, 3:05 am - IP Logged

Just a thought:

I realize there are people here who are lonely, poor or in pain.  Actually, there are needy people everywhere! I've been in dire straits many times in my life and, when I'm down and out, I am grateful I don't have a family to support.  Of course I love children, but when I am buying groceries I shake my head and ask "How can families afford milk these days?"  Life can often be a challenge.

However, because this is the internet, anyone who gives out her name and address to strangers is putting her family at risk.  Any of the thousands of people who visit LP could send a PM saying "I want to send you money. What's your home address?" I do not know the personal situation here, but when a woman announces to the world she is alone and desperate with young children, she is sending a signal to every pervert.  Keep that in mind.  There are family services, shelters, churches, the Salvation Army and other safer ways to get help. 

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: August 11, 2007, 3:18 am - IP Logged

sorry i cant help but i do have a link don't take this link the wrong way i found it years ago when i was in a situation and had mufundsalow and italian desease.

This site has helped many people it might help you.

http://www.cyberbeg.com/

luckypunk's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
          hesperia ca
          United States
          Member #51533
          April 13, 2007
          44 Posts
          Posted: August 11, 2007, 8:28 am - IP Logged

I think she is telling the truth.  Dont know why? I just do.  For now all i can offer is my prayers.  Sad to admit though, we live in a society that is filled with "you cant trust no one's".

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10347 Posts
            Posted: August 11, 2007, 10:32 am - IP Logged

sorry i cant help but i do have a link don't take this link the wrong way i found it years ago when i was in a situation and had mufundsalow and italian desease.

This site has helped many people it might help you.

http://www.cyberbeg.com/

four4 me

Quezadicci, eh? I'm a thinka everybody, she's a see a somea timea when they's a got the fundsalow a syndrome, eh?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
              Norfolk , Va
              United States
              Member #4541
              May 2, 2004
              25096 Posts
              Posted: August 11, 2007, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Don't want to take sides here not knowing the circumstances.

I was reading past posts of the Maker and also remember the congrats I had from The Maker. I don't know if The Maker is or isnt in "dire straights " but I do know that he or she ( The Maker)  has been posting numbers for quite a while now, and like myself and alot of others here that post numbers, and I hope I'm right here , we do it in hopes of helping others. Just as those before me on these pages. Some of us get a real good feeling when our numbers hit and get an even better feeling when we get a PM saying thanks, your numbers won me xxx$'s.

I think The Maker was out to help others in the same way or he or she would not have spent countless hours on here giving thoughts of what may happen in a draw.

I'm not asking everyone to send money to help out , that is your choice . I'm just asking that you remember the help The Maker gave in posting possible winners in these pages that may have helped you when you needed. 

Thanks for reading my thoughts on this.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: August 11, 2007, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

"Dire Straits"

I might be wrong, but I assume that expression was put in quotes above because someone thinks I spelled it incorrectly.  Yes, I realize there is a rock band by the same name, but I always thought the expression was from "strait" as in a narrow body of water.  I can't really find anything on Google, so please feel free to comment.  This isn't a sarcastic post, honestly.  I have one of those "enquiring" minds.  Where did that expression originate?

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #6147
                  August 8, 2004
                  1396 Posts
                  Posted: August 11, 2007, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

"Dire Straits"

I might be wrong, but I assume that expression was put in quotes above because someone thinks I spelled it incorrectly.  Yes, I realize there is a rock band by the same name, but I always thought the expression was from "strait" as in a narrow body of water.  I can't really find anything on Google, so please feel free to comment.  This isn't a sarcastic post, honestly.  I have one of those "enquiring" minds.  Where did that expression originate?

This is what I was able to come up with:

DIRE STRAITS

When you are threading your way through troubles as if you were traversing a dangerously narrow passage you are in “dire straits.” The expression and the band by that name are often transformed by those who don’t understand the word “strait” into “dire straights."

Good Luck!

Stavros

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31343 Posts
                    Posted: August 11, 2007, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

So what's your point, Emily? 

Just responding to your post that you don't have a fat bank account.  Who does on lp???

love to nibble those micey feet.

Abbeville SC
                      United States
                      Member #19649
                      August 3, 2005
                      429 Posts
                      Posted: August 11, 2007, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

I know plenty about this site. I am here with my husband when he is posting and I am the one telling him that you all are great people but judging from some of you all responses, you can't even being to know what type of situation he has put me in. I only said that about those two people because they understand what I am going through. Everyone that had something positive to say, I thank them. I don't want to post what he did on the forum because I feel bad about the situation as it is. Now if you wanted to know what he did and not jump the gun in judging me, then you should have just sent me a private message and I would have told you.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! 

I'm just taking a wild guess on what he probably did, if he did anything. My guess is that he spent your house and car payment money playing the lottery and left you and your family high and broke. playing the lottery twice a day all states and counties will leave you broke. Now best one to ask for money is the lottery officials and places where he spent the money. I'm broke as hell to but I wouldn't dare ask no one on here for money. Your best option would be to raise your dress tail. 

Dr Lottery's avatar - 10847
                        Albany,Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #45615
                        August 24, 2006
                        2135 Posts
                        Posted: August 11, 2007, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

To The Makers Wife !!                          I am sorry on what happen to you and your family I got your private email and feel so bad for you and your family I hope and pray that things get better for you all over time. I know it is a trying time for you and your family right know but keep your head UP !! and think postive and trust in the Lord and thins will come to past!! good luck and many blessing to come!!

One day I will Hit BIG!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19822 Posts
                          Posted: August 11, 2007, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Just responding to your post that you don't have a fat bank account.  Who does on lp???

If anyone does it no business of anyone in their "LP family", it's bad enough when some people know you can afford lottery tickets every week. 

Before I removed my e-mail address from my profile I got letters from strangers asking for money and acting like I was one of their family member wasting family money on lottery tickets.  I always told them that the "LP family members" financial problems weren't my problems and just like real family they would response back about my heartless and mean attitude. 

Sounds like the same thing is happening in this thread.  When strangers start thinking of you as family, they act just like the real family members you're trying to forget.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5118 Posts
                            Posted: August 11, 2007, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Don't want to take sides here not knowing the circumstances.

I was reading past posts of the Maker and also remember the congrats I had from The Maker. I don't know if The Maker is or isnt in "dire straights " but I do know that he or she ( The Maker)  has been posting numbers for quite a while now, and like myself and alot of others here that post numbers, and I hope I'm right here , we do it in hopes of helping others. Just as those before me on these pages. Some of us get a real good feeling when our numbers hit and get an even better feeling when we get a PM saying thanks, your numbers won me xxx$'s.

I think The Maker was out to help others in the same way or he or she would not have spent countless hours on here giving thoughts of what may happen in a draw.

I'm not asking everyone to send money to help out , that is your choice . I'm just asking that you remember the help The Maker gave in posting possible winners in these pages that may have helped you when you needed. 

Thanks for reading my thoughts on this.

Blackie:

May I QUOTE???????????????????????????YOU??????????????????????

("Don't want to take sides here not knowing the circumstances")

BECAUSE, all 50 million LP member's Don't KNOW the total>>>>>> FACT's.............??????????????????????????????????????????????

BUT, we can all wish The Maker a speedy>>>and FAIR TRIAL^^

The Maker must have many, many, many miles LOGGED in Book

of (his or her LIFE) and over the road travel's before retirement!!

WE must ALL give THANKs to The Maker^^^YES, we all agree!!

remember:Jonnie Cash

THings/work OUT<<<

LOL.................PartyParty

PSYKOMO     

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
                              Norfolk , Va
                              United States
                              Member #4541
                              May 2, 2004
                              25096 Posts
                              Posted: August 11, 2007, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Psykomo!!

Good Luck,

Blackie.