Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lp Members Will Automatically Share w/each other!

Topic closed. 85 replies. Last post 8 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

If you won a large jackpot, would you feel obligated to share w/LP Members?

No [ 69 ]  [58.47%]
Yes, if I used a system of that member(s) [ 14 ]  [11.86%]
Yes, only if I won $100 mil or more [ 3 ]  [2.54%]
Yes, at least a token $20 bill to all LP Members [ 1 ]  [0.85%]
Yes, but w/LP Members I know only. Then $X.00 [ 2 ]  [1.69%]
If and only if LP Member(s) are in a pool together [ 5 ]  [4.24%]
Obligated, No, and would not share a cent! [ 9 ]  [7.63%]
Obligated, yes, but would not share. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
By the time I made up my mind, the money'd be gone [ 6 ]  [5.08%]
Hmmmmnnnnn??????? [ 9 ]  [7.63%]
Total Valid Votes [ 118 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2008, 3:11 am - IP Logged

We have an interesting connection at LP?  How close are we really connected?  Explain your vote please.

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2008, 4:24 am - IP Logged

We have an interesting connection at LP?  How close are we really connected?  Explain your vote please.

No choice for other.

I would only help anyone who could prove they were in a dire situation. And only to a limited number. I would love to change the world, but a few is as good as only one.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2008, 4:59 am - IP Logged

I see nothing wrong with sharing with a select few. But no, I don't feel obligated to have to share with anyone on the board. 

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2008, 5:31 am - IP Logged

i think whoever wins should be gracious and give it to todd.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2008, 5:32 am - IP Logged

NOT,lol

Green laugh

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
            Constitutional Money Is Real Money
            Brick City
            United States
            Member #1216
            March 3, 2003
            1780 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2008, 6:55 am - IP Logged

If I hit a JP, I will offer a chunk of cash to Todd. Do I feel obligated to do so, no.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
            Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
            (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
            Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
            himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              CA
              United States
              Member #57222
              December 23, 2007
              587 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2008, 7:38 am - IP Logged

Obligated no, share no.

Why would I? I was playing lotto long before I found this site.  I don't use anyone's system.  The numbers I generate are my own. Why would I share with someone who's name I know as  "lottoforme2" or whatever.  I have friends outside of cyberspace that  knows where I live, that knows my real name, knows my history and cares about me as a "real" person.  Those are the ones I would share with.  But No, I still won't feel obligated to them.

I hope this post doesnt read poorly. It's the truth but even to me it sounds kinda cold.  Sorry about that part. I still like being here  but...

You gotta find me first.Banana

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                Gurnee, Illinois
                United States
                Member #49731
                February 12, 2007
                919 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2008, 7:39 am - IP Logged

Last time I checked, no LP member has ever given me a buck, so no you all would be out of luck if you think I would share even one red cent with you.  I am in the school that doesn't advocate lottery pools (diluting the winning impact lessens the thrill of winning is what I believe...I would rather NOT win ALL by myself than to win and have to share with 10 to 100 others lucky smucks!).  I also think it is so cheesy when those winning lottery pools dub themselves some "lucky" name like Lucky 7, etc.  But I guess that cheesiness endears America to such winners; otherwise, most people would just feel envious outrightly instead of pretending to be genuinely happy for the winners.  Of course, I think that many who express "happiness" that some lucky smuck(s) won reveal their true feelings when they say or think afterward, "I hope they don't blow it" or something along that line.  Truthfully, I would only hope that winners were more focused on investing their winnings than spending their winnings.  I would also hope that the winners had a financial analysis put in place so that in the future they wouldn't have to hope that their "lucky" numbers, be they own picks or QPs, rolled so they could escape financial ruin.  And I actually do hope the best for anyone.  But it is just so annoying the way the winning lottery pool script plays out...and I am just being truthful and a bit sarcastic!

To that end, I hearby decree that all lottery pools must....(you write the ending to that)

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                  Kunming
                  China
                  Member #57910
                  January 23, 2008
                  3626 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2008, 8:08 am - IP Logged

No. The only thing I'm willing to share is the fact that I won. I might share my method if I haven't already done so. But money, no. If I give you numbers to play and you play it and win, then it's up to you if you want to give me some of that cash. No obligation. I don't post expecting anything monetary from any LP member.

Play to win!

Gurnee, Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #49731
                    February 12, 2007
                    919 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2008, 8:14 am - IP Logged

There we go...now we've got another "Lucky 8"...the WV winners have dubbed themselves that.  How many Lucky 7 and 8s have there been?  Not too original, you think?  Well, when I win, I will just dub myself "The Lucky One". 

Oh BTW I thought they purchased their ticket in that small town of Westover, WV but now they are identified also as the Morgantown 8...guess it's better and more memorable to associate yourself with where your major state university is located...the same university whose head football coach bolted for greener pastures in a MM state up north (at least he doesn't have to change his wardrobe...same colors!).  But hey, at least for now, they can call themselves jackpot winners and I can't...at least for now that is.  Enjoy your winnings Westover 8...I mean Morgantown 8...I mean Lucky 8...yeah you too you lucky 8 in Nebraska...and if you multiply 8 times 4 and add two, I guess you could even throw in the Watertown 34 in SD.  That is how I pick my own pick numbers...maybe I should just stick to birthdays and special numbers or even road numbers...maybe I should just stick to buying QPs like I usually do.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

pittsburgh
                      United States
                      Member #51040
                      March 25, 2007
                      457 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2008, 8:49 am - IP Logged

I dont play jackpot games much just the last 2 powerball drawings, i started a $2 work pool i had originaly picked up 7 people on it. I planned on making all 14 picks myself unless they wanted to put in numbers, but i told them all i was picking the numbers hand picked. the first time we did it the jp didnt go, so saturday was coming around and the few people i selected were paying, and one of the guys that i picked mentioned to another coworker about it, so now this new guy wanted on. i let him on because i didnt want to seem to be a jerk, but i was thinking in my head , sheesh i didnt mind shaing my winnning numbers with these 7 guys but now i gotta do it with eight Unhappy.

well anyway i dont post how i get my numbers, i just do!!!! i look for patterns and patterns after patterns and when they all line up to showing the same number, i bet on it.  if i had a really good program or strategy something that would always give me a winning number i wouldnt give it to anyone. but once in awhile i would give the winning number out to some people(anyone). then again id probably tell my friends winning numbers but also losing numbers because i wouldnt want anyone to know what i posses.

but anyway again i wouldnt feel obligated to give anyone anything, if they helped me with the number they should have it too.

i just try to give people as few numbers as i can and hope its a hit. 

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        CA
                        United States
                        Member #57222
                        December 23, 2007
                        587 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2008, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Hey AAAOK,

Did you set up your pool for a certain period of time?  I mean  is it a constant thing?  Usually pools are change every week. right?  The same people in one week are not always the same people the next.  Maybe you could just desolve it?  And  start another anonymous  private 4 or 5 exclusive member group?

United States
                          Member #58528
                          February 18, 2008
                          710 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2008, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I'm going on record now to tell the whole world that I'm not giving anybody anything if and when I win a lottery jackpot.This way when I do win and some schmuck claims that I promised him a share and decides to sue me for it,I have it in writing on the world wide web that I never made that promise to him or anyone else.If anyone wants a share of a lottery win,I suggest they join a pool and get lucky...keep your hands off of my lottery win.

Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
                            Member #2217
                            September 1, 2003
                            985 Posts
                            Posted: March 20, 2008, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

There we go...now we've got another "Lucky 8"...the WV winners have dubbed themselves that.  How many Lucky 7 and 8s have there been?  Not too original, you think?  Well, when I win, I will just dub myself "The Lucky One". 

Oh BTW I thought they purchased their ticket in that small town of Westover, WV but now they are identified also as the Morgantown 8...guess it's better and more memorable to associate yourself with where your major state university is located...the same university whose head football coach bolted for greener pastures in a MM state up north (at least he doesn't have to change his wardrobe...same colors!).  But hey, at least for now, they can call themselves jackpot winners and I can't...at least for now that is.  Enjoy your winnings Westover 8...I mean Morgantown 8...I mean Lucky 8...yeah you too you lucky 8 in Nebraska...and if you multiply 8 times 4 and add two, I guess you could even throw in the Watertown 34 in SD.  That is how I pick my own pick numbers...maybe I should just stick to birthdays and special numbers or even road numbers...maybe I should just stick to buying QPs like I usually do.

Reasonable question.  Obligated?  Of course not.  That doesn't mean I would not share, and I certainly would monetarily recognize Todd.  Each year that I am a member, it just keeps getting better.  As I said in an earlier post, I already have a plan but won't disclose until it's time.  I would take necessary steps to protect myself and my family which will mean mostly using good common sense.  There are people here I know well, some just from their LP online persona, and so, so many just passing through.  The longer you are a member, the clearer things become.

Morgantown is, like most bigger towns and cities, made up of little outpouch towns and areas that are treated by locals like neighborhoods - Westover, Sabraton, Star City, etc.  They are treated by locals as all essentially "Morgantown."   It's actually kind of cool how Morgantown comes together.  For instance, Star City is actually a hill and Morgantown proper happens to be at the bottom.   All the ladies work in the heart of downtown Morgantown, unless they moved the Tax office recently.   Since they won collectively as a group of people who work in Morgantown and whose addresses are probably primarily Morgantown, it makes sense to me.  I think their "name" celebrates the people who won (and was probably first dubbed by an unimaginative media presense) while the seller of the ticket in Westover will celebrate with a little cool cash of their own.  Seems like a win/win situation to me.  Actually, if I won that much money, you could call me whatever you wanted.  Yes Nod

Gurnee, Illinois
                              United States
                              Member #49731
                              February 12, 2007
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: March 20, 2008, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Jake for the background.  I was actually just having fun with it since I couldn't enjoy the fun of having won the jackpot myself.  Like I said, they are jackpot winners and I am not....YET!  So yeah, they can call themselves what they or anyone else will.