Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lp Members Will Automatically Share w/each other!

Topic closed. 85 replies. Last post 8 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

If you won a large jackpot, would you feel obligated to share w/LP Members?

No [ 69 ]  [58.47%]
Yes, if I used a system of that member(s) [ 14 ]  [11.86%]
Yes, only if I won $100 mil or more [ 3 ]  [2.54%]
Yes, at least a token $20 bill to all LP Members [ 1 ]  [0.85%]
Yes, but w/LP Members I know only. Then $X.00 [ 2 ]  [1.69%]
If and only if LP Member(s) are in a pool together [ 5 ]  [4.24%]
Obligated, No, and would not share a cent! [ 9 ]  [7.63%]
Obligated, yes, but would not share. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
By the time I made up my mind, the money'd be gone [ 6 ]  [5.08%]
Hmmmmnnnnn??????? [ 9 ]  [7.63%]
Total Valid Votes [ 118 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2008, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

"We have an interesting connection at LP"

Yes, I agree.  And I pay about $30 a month to Embarq for it.

In the time it took for me to type that, a child died of starvation, another child died from malaria, a woman was beaten to death, someone died from AIDS.  Can't even add up the number of animals that are put down every year for no other reason than there's no room in the shelter.  So, no, I don't think I'll start sending checks to total strangers I chat with on an internet board.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2008, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Obligated no, share no.

Why would I? I was playing lotto long before I found this site.  I don't use anyone's system.  The numbers I generate are my own. Why would I share with someone who's name I know as  "lottoforme2" or whatever.  I have friends outside of cyberspace that  knows where I live, that knows my real name, knows my history and cares about me as a "real" person.  Those are the ones I would share with.  But No, I still won't feel obligated to them.

I hope this post doesnt read poorly. It's the truth but even to me it sounds kinda cold.  Sorry about that part. I still like being here  but...

You gotta find me first.Banana

I Agree! I agree. I don't really think it's cold. It's the truth. I don't feel obligated to anyone on this forum. If I ever win, I won't be giving anyone here any money. I mean, no one here helps pay for the tickets I buy. Really, there is only one person in this world that I truly feel I owe anything to and that is my mom and sisters.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
      Hard Luck, Ak
      United States
      Member #23472
      October 13, 2005
      275 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2008, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

NO! JUST FRIENDS AND FAMILY Party

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2008, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Posting a jackpot win on the internet would be insanity.

Posting the willingness to share that jackpot on the internet or even just on this board would be beyond insanity.

"Deaths, divorces, and jackpot wins let you see the real character of people....beware"

-Coin Toss 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

San Diego, CA
          United States
          Member #58386
          February 12, 2008
          287 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2008, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Once choice was left out of the poll.

"Are you kidding me?  No way.  This was the dumbest poll ever on this message board?"

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2008, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Only if i win 120 million or more...I'll like to do it if i win less than that but i want to change the world...

i am disgusted at the comments i heard...

i will place the 110 million in the bank for 5 years take 7 million for me (and i think this is the only way to do it), ONLY FOR 5 YEARS, then (And God knows i would), take 3 million and place it in the bank FOREVER, and the 150,000 dollars that i will receive EACH YEAR for eternity create a free lottery that will give away 10,000 dollars to 15 members of LP each year....

then of the 25 million extra (but you see is not counting taxes, those stupid taxes but just to show you that there is room) that i will earn in those 5 years take 10 million place it in the bank along with those 3 million and now we have 13 million giving me an interest of 650,000 each year after those 5 years....and those 650,000 go to the free lottery for LP members ONLY, and 65 LP members will win 10,000 dollars each year FOREVER or instead of the 10,000 a new car EACH YEAR FOREVER....

The only problem with all this is the damn TAXES, TAXES AND TAXES...Taxes on earned income on bank interest just because the government wants to make a buck....Believe me the world will be a better place if they din't tax them and started taxing Oil companies and Irak making billions in taxes....

like how i said again, i don't need 10 million or 8 million dollars all i want is 3 million dollars, i know where to live with 3 million dollars placed in the bank and earning 150,000 dollars each year....

And again i will not live in the U.S if i was to win that kind of money...I'll live right here in Panama...

i don't know why free lotteries ought to pay taxes when is charitable work...

However i have to admit is easier said than done..

if you pay attention, i didn't do anything i just sit and earn free 25 million dollars FREE just by placing 110 million in the bank for 5 years....Which is a better option than selecting small amount of payments from the lottery for 30 years after you win...

I'll like to do more but is the least i can do....

DO YOU NOW SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF BEEN STINGY AND LIVING MEAGERLY...

and after those 5 years i will have my 110 million dollars......AND 15 MILLION DOLLARS EXTRA....lol....And if i want i can take those 15 million dollars add them to those 13 million dollars and i will have 28 million dollars placed in the BANK AGAIN, and earning 1 million 400,000 EACH DAMN YEAR...lol giving it as 10,000 dollars each year as a free lottery EXCLUSIVELY TO LP MEMBERS...FOREVER....OR I CAN TAKE THOSE 15 MILLION PLACE THEM IN THE BANK AND THE EARNED INTEREST GOES TO GIVE MONEY TO EVERYONE I KNEW GROWING UP (NOT MY FRIENDS THEY WILL BE WELL TAKING CARE OFF)....AND PEOPLE THAT LIVED IN MY STREET IN THE FORM OF A FREE LOTTERY, ALL THEY WILL HAVE TO DO IS PARTICIPATE IN THE LOTTERY.....(I AM TALKING TEACHERS, PROFESSORS, NEIGHBOORS, ETC, ETC, ETC...FOREVER..lol...

What am i going to do, get those 120 million get me 10 wifes or girfriends have 10 kids and watch that money trickle down and water down....Look what i can do just by waiting 5 years and NOT TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYONE....

THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE IS THAT THEY MAKE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM, THEM AND THEM...Their ego overtakes them...

Do you now see the importance of placing money in the bank at earned interest? Do you now see the importance of a free lottery/sweepstakes....

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2008, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

You don't want to believe me when i tell you that the movie "Red Planet" is evident...

do you see why things must remain cheap in lots of countries...

and is ironic because THE ONLY WAY to win Powerball, MegaMillions and California Super Lotto Plus is with the help of Lotterypost.com predictors....

unless you had an underground, illegal wheel that the rest of us don't know about...

they don't tell people this but money or obtaining money is war...

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
                Wilson
                United States
                Member #54516
                August 21, 2007
                2802 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2008, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

No......in the words of the infamous Forrest Gump..."and that's all I've got to say about that."

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7297 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2008, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Posting the willingness to share that jackpot on the internet or even just on this board would be beyond insanity.

"Deaths, divorces, and jackpot wins let you see the real character of people....beware"

-Coin Toss 

I worked with a guy who would tell everybody when the Lotto was high that he would share with them if he won the jackpot. It sounded like a nice gesture until two other employees split a $20 million jackpot. That was over 10 years ago and he still says they "cheated him" out of his share. He never won a jackpot so we'll never know if he would share, but that wasn't his intentions; his nice gesture was meant to form an unwanted partnership with everybody he knew that bought Lotto tickets.

People that play in pools never think about it because they never hit a jackpot, but I'll bet most of them buy their own tickets too. There might be an unwritten contract in the minds of the other players they should share. Many lawsuits have been filed when the person running the pool hit the jackpot with his own tickets and a judge had to decide if those tickets actually belonged to him or the pool.

When I read threads on LP asking who we would share with, I think it's more to create good vibes. But before I start sounding like a cynic, there are many people LP that have shared in private ideas and gifts with me. So of course I'll remember them.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                    Member #50124
                    February 26, 2007
                    601 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2008, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I worked with a guy who would tell everybody when the Lotto was high that he would share with them if he won the jackpot. It sounded like a nice gesture until two other employees split a $20 million jackpot. That was over 10 years ago and he still says they "cheated him" out of his share. He never won a jackpot so we'll never know if he would share, but that wasn't his intentions; his nice gesture was meant to form an unwanted partnership with everybody he knew that bought Lotto tickets.

People that play in pools never think about it because they never hit a jackpot, but I'll bet most of them buy their own tickets too. There might be an unwritten contract in the minds of the other players they should share. Many lawsuits have been filed when the person running the pool hit the jackpot with his own tickets and a judge had to decide if those tickets actually belonged to him or the pool.

When I read threads on LP asking who we would share with, I think it's more to create good vibes. But before I start sounding like a cynic, there are many people LP that have shared in private ideas and gifts with me. So of course I'll remember them.

There used to be someone in LP chat who did the same thing.  He/she opened a private chat with me several times and tried to get me to promise a share of my winnings.  Haven't seen them around in awhile, maybe they finally gave up.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2008, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

LittleOldLady and Pacattack will receive an email from me wanting a mailing address.

Actually I would like to meet those two in person.   I would bring a jackpot smile to their faces.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1953 Posts
                        Posted: March 21, 2008, 12:07 am - IP Logged

-Coin Toss 

What's different about the public finding out about a lottery winner whether it be on an internet forum or an official lottery website(e.g. Powerball.com, MegaMillions.com, or the state lottery websites)? They still find out who the winner is.

In response to the OP:

Would I feel obligated to share that I won with LP? No. Would I share that I won with LP? Yes. Would I share any of my money with anyone on LP? No.

Gonna win.Big Smile

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: March 21, 2008, 12:17 am - IP Logged

"We have an interesting connection at LP"

Yes, I agree.  And I pay about $30 a month to Embarq for it.

In the time it took for me to type that, a child died of starvation, another child died from malaria, a woman was beaten to death, someone died from AIDS.  Can't even add up the number of animals that are put down every year for no other reason than there's no room in the shelter.  So, no, I don't think I'll start sending checks to total strangers I chat with on an internet board.

Sounds like a tough neighborhood. Scared

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                            Florence, Alabama
                            United States
                            Member #8658
                            November 13, 2004
                            1993 Posts
                            Posted: March 21, 2008, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Do I feel obligated? I feel obligated to one LP member, my mom. There are several other people that I consider good friends and would share with them too. I don't expect them to do the same back to me  if they won, but for me to do it for them would make me feel a lot better. I'm going to name one more person who would get something, emilyg. I've never met her or talked to her outside of LP but she seems to be a very nice person.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19817 Posts
                              Posted: March 21, 2008, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

There are over 50,000 LP members.  Could anyone really think that anyone would be so dumb as to feel obligated  to share their winnings with that many strangers even if it was a record jackpot? 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking