Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lp Members Will Automatically Share w/each other!

Topic closed. 85 replies. Last post 8 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

If you won a large jackpot, would you feel obligated to share w/LP Members?

No [ 69 ]  [58.47%]
Yes, if I used a system of that member(s) [ 14 ]  [11.86%]
Yes, only if I won $100 mil or more [ 3 ]  [2.54%]
Yes, at least a token $20 bill to all LP Members [ 1 ]  [0.85%]
Yes, but w/LP Members I know only. Then $X.00 [ 2 ]  [1.69%]
If and only if LP Member(s) are in a pool together [ 5 ]  [4.24%]
Obligated, No, and would not share a cent! [ 9 ]  [7.63%]
Obligated, yes, but would not share. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
By the time I made up my mind, the money'd be gone [ 6 ]  [5.08%]
Hmmmmnnnnn??????? [ 9 ]  [7.63%]
Total Valid Votes [ 118 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2008, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

harry613

"I would certainly share a portion after my family, of course, with the one who's system I would have used."

If I should hot a jackpot via playing someone else's system I'd have to wonder why said system creator didn't themself play the same numbers.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2008, 1:07 am - IP Logged

"If I should hit a jackpot via playing someone else's system I'd have to wonder why said system creator didn't themself play the same numbers."

Chances are they used their system and it didn't come up with the same set of combinations for them.   Most systems come up with a different set of combinations every time they run.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
      Member #91
      January 19, 2002
      11927 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2008, 9:58 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

Alot of systems have that human factor built in them....I bet if we shared the same info and we both got the same 10 to 12  numbers for a 5+1 game ,,,,our first 5 picks would not be the same....

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

chippie's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #31284
        January 27, 2006
        8962 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2008, 10:02 am - IP Logged

I didnt vote but will comment, I have a few friends on LP that I would give a portion to...I see nothing wrong with that.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7302 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2008, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

harry613

"I would certainly share a portion after my family, of course, with the one who's system I would have used."

If I should hot a jackpot via playing someone else's system I'd have to wonder why said system creator didn't themself play the same numbers.

I've never seen a system that even predicts five pick-5 numbers let alone a system that could produce a multi-million dollar jackpot. If there was a system that consistently picked 5 numbers out of 16 you would have to bet $4368 to guarantee a jackpot win.

I do see many ideas for choosing numbers and many good playing strategies but unless you were collaborating with them, there is no reason to believe they played the same combinations. 

DC81's avatar - batman39
            MI
            United States
            Member #54830
            August 31, 2007
            985 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2008, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Short answer? No.

Long Answer? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'd have enough problems with the people I'm related to. I'd say about as much about a win here as I would offline which is nothing. Especially if it would happen to be a big one. You wouldn't see me or my name in the media or "winners list" or whatever either and if I was forced to show up for whatever reason to a press conference I'd be in disguise though that'd be mainly for people I do know since none of you know what I look like. But even that would be only a temporary thing since once I disappear they'd probably figure it out. One here I might just disappear just like thousands have before and after I joined, don't even need a win of any kind for that. 

You can't predict random.

mostwanted's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              pontiac
              United States
              Member #59871
              March 30, 2008
              174 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2008, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

i always new you wer a selfish  bit you can guess the missing letters cant you or do you have that much sense,or are you to busy labeling me

bigdsing's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg

United States
                Member #59824
                March 28, 2008
                14961 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2008, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

If someone on LP gave me the winning numbers for a jackpot.I would make it one of the top 100 things I would do in my life. To share at least a portion with that person. I would also donate a portion to L.P for future operating costs. NO matter how much money you win in life,if you are not happy with yourself and your current life,money would make materials things easier for you to have .Yet the inside of you would still be the same...A few dollars to someone who helped could make all the difference in that person's life and assure you of the good karma that follows!

Share the gift and prosper!    Beware of those making false claims, soon  they  will charge you  and  in the end you

lose your investment and your faith in the real! 

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
                  Albuquerque, New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #5128
                  June 18, 2004
                  377 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2008, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I don't think so!  For those of you who want to share, may I make a suggestion?  Tell your friends, including the LP memebers, "all you need is a dollar and a dream."  I think they will get the picture!

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19824 Posts
                    Posted: April 9, 2008, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I don't think so!  For those of you who want to share, may I make a suggestion?  Tell your friends, including the LP memebers, "all you need is a dollar and a dream."  I think they will get the picture!

When LP members talk of sharing with each other, I don't think they are talking about money but about ideas.  Surely no one dreams of sharing someones lottery jackpot simply because they post at LP.

If I ever won a lottery jackpot, I would freely share my joy and the methods I used to pick my winning numbers with LP members and wish them the best of luck in their quest to do the same.   

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                      Member #13130
                      March 30, 2005
                      2171 Posts
                      Posted: April 10, 2008, 11:10 am - IP Logged

We have an interesting connection at LP?  How close are we really connected?  Explain your vote please.

Having a common hobby doesn't always translate into true friendship.  It is easy to be generous with theoretical money.  Some understand this implicitly... others have had to learn it the hard way. I've shared ideas. If others (and their lotto games) find those ideas jackpot-worthy, congrats to them.

The occasional atta-boy is about the best you can expect around here, and even that can be hard earned.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                        Florence, Alabama
                        United States
                        Member #8658
                        November 13, 2004
                        1993 Posts
                        Posted: April 10, 2008, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I chose hmmmmmm because I don't feel obligated to share with anyone but I would share with LP members that I know fairly well.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: April 11, 2008, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I think I might be a bit stingy about this question.........

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                            Member #24380
                            October 21, 2005
                            623 Posts
                            Posted: May 7, 2008, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Short answer? No.

Long Answer? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'd have enough problems with the people I'm related to. I'd say about as much about a win here as I would offline which is nothing. Especially if it would happen to be a big one. You wouldn't see me or my name in the media or "winners list" or whatever either and if I was forced to show up for whatever reason to a press conference I'd be in disguise though that'd be mainly for people I do know since none of you know what I look like. But even that would be only a temporary thing since once I disappear they'd probably figure it out. One here I might just disappear just like thousands have before and after I joined, don't even need a win of any kind for that. 

Short answer? No.

Long answer? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

THAT was a good one.  LOL!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5118 Posts
                              Posted: May 12, 2008, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

We have an interesting connection at LP?  How close are we really connected?  Explain your vote please.

Voted........YES (meaning>>>if I used a system of a FELLOW member)

I would like FOR THEM to KNOW how it HELPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BUTT>>>>YES>>>>BUTT>>>>............I would have to contact Todd>

"FIRST"   >>>>>>>> this is not my SITE......BUT,

I seem to ......try to give the impression>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

too SUM   ......that a PSYKO..... own's IT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PSYKOMO ......enjoy'$$$ Dee "LOTTERY POST">

LOL

PSYKOMO