Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why I think quick picks suck

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 8 years ago by jarasan.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #58526
February 18, 2008
683 Posts
Posted: June 19, 2008, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Just bought a quick pick for the Texas Two Step drawing tonight.  Here's what the computer spit out at me: 1-3-4-5+10.  NICE!  I know, I know, quick picks win a majority of jackpots, but give me a break.  I think that's probably the last quick pick I will ever buy.........EVER. 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2008, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

I used to think the same thing, but I may be changing my tune a bit. I've won more playing quick picks then by playing my own numbers. And most of the stories of winners that we read about, seem to be about those people who pick qp's. So now, I tend to mix a few quick picks and my own picks together hoping that helps a bit.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2008, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

There have been plenty of "unusual" quick picks that have won jackpots. Who knows, the next one might be you(or me, whatever floats your boat)!

Gonna win.Big Smile

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #58526
        February 18, 2008
        683 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2008, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

I used to think the same thing, but I may be changing my tune a bit. I've won more playing quick picks then by playing my own numbers. And most of the stories of winners that we read about, seem to be about those people who pick qp's. So now, I tend to mix a few quick picks and my own picks together hoping that helps a bit.

Yeah, that's probably the way to go.  I used to play only quick picks, but nowadays I write spreadsheets to pick random numbers for me, but I set filters to prevent crap like 1-3-4-5-10 from being selected.  The only reason I bought a quick pick tonight is because I'm out of town with only my laptop and I didn't remember to transfer all my spreadsheets over from my desktop.  Oh well, I guess I'll fell like an idiot for posting this thread if that number is drawn tonight, huh? Bang Head

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2008, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Nah, I don't think you will feel like an idiot. I think you will feel like a winner! LOL

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2008, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

I hope you get that winning idiot feeling.. Good luck with the qp

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
              CT
              United States
              Member #61398
              May 21, 2008
              781 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2008, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Yea, I got a powerball QP for yesterday that was 32,34,36,38,53 + 18.  wasn't too hopefull for that one.  Annnnddd it got no hits.

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #58526
                February 18, 2008
                683 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2008, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Well........I looked through the history for Texas Two Step.  ONE time out of 740 draws all five numbers were less than 11:

4/9/2007 3-5-6-7+7

Tonight: 3-16-21-34+6

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10345 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2008, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Just bought a quick pick for the Texas Two Step drawing tonight.  Here's what the computer spit out at me: 1-3-4-5+10.  NICE!  I know, I know, quick picks win a majority of jackpots, but give me a break.  I think that's probably the last quick pick I will ever buy.........EVER. 

Gee, you get one ticket with a set of numbers you don't like and throw a hissy fit snit about quick picks?

Thus far in 2008 in the Illinois Pick 5 game (5/39) there have been 64 jackpots hit by 86 winners (includes shared jackpots). Of those 86 winners 54 were quick picks.

Track your game for a while and see what you find out.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Idesire$'s avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
                    Ellenwood,Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #60512
                    April 21, 2008
                    471 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2008, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

My take on QP is to try playing the numbers back three days in a row I have won several times that way. SO if the numbers the QP picks for you don't fall, then try playing what was given to you for 3days and see if its a winner. 

New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #58526
                      February 18, 2008
                      683 Posts
                      Posted: June 20, 2008, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Gee, you get one ticket with a set of numbers you don't like and throw a hissy fit snit about quick picks?

Thus far in 2008 in the Illinois Pick 5 game (5/39) there have been 64 jackpots hit by 86 winners (includes shared jackpots). Of those 86 winners 54 were quick picks.

Track your game for a while and see what you find out.

Uh......actually, like I said, I used to play exclusively quick picks with not much luck at all.  Over the time that I bought alot of quick picks I would say that about 50% to 75% of them were what I would consider to be bad plays so it wasn't one ticket with one set of numbers.  Also, I wouldn't say I was throwing any kind of a "hissy fit snit", just posting my opinion on the subject.  I said in my first post that I know most jackpots are hit by quick picks.  You can believe what you want, but I believe the reason for that is MOST people only play quick picks.  Also, I said that I use spreadsheets to create my own random "quick picks"....just filtered to prevent terrible combinations that rarely hit. 

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #58526
                        February 18, 2008
                        683 Posts
                        Posted: June 20, 2008, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Okay, the post by Coin Toss, got me thinking a little bit.........I'm not trying to bash anyone that likes quick picks.  If you play alot of quick picks then good luck to you.  I'm just simply saying this........if I wanted to get hit by lightning I wouldn't just go stand outside.  I would probably do some things to increase my chances.  I would go outside in a thunderstorm, stand under the tallest tree, wrap myself in tin foil........well you get the point.  I like to use the same approach when playing the lottery.  I believe that lottery drawings (at least mechanical ball drawings) are COMPLETELY random.  I quit trying to guess exactly which balls would be drawn next because I feel like that's a waste of time.  Instead, I look at things that are statistacally trackable.  The quick pick that I used as an example tonight had a total line sum of 23.  The lowest sum EVER drawn for Texas Two Step (740 draws so far) was 28 on 4/9/2007.  So, in essence, I still believe in using random numbers (like a quick pick), but why walk into a store and flop down money for something that you have absolutely no control over?  It's not like I could of handed that ticket back to the clerk and said, "Nah, I don't like that one........give me another".  So I encourage the players that read this post to track their game and use a random number generator to pick numbers that fall within ranges that are drawn most frequently.  Will it guarantee you to win a jackpot?  Heck no.  Does it increase your odds?  Well, I think so.  It's a simple matter of math and statistics.  If you want to win the lottery do everything in your power to help yourself win. 

Anyway, I will get off my soapbox now. 

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
                          Washington *state*
                          United States
                          Member #62009
                          June 14, 2008
                          192 Posts
                          Posted: June 20, 2008, 2:15 am - IP Logged

I too have had some bad MM QP's.  My last one was something like 8,16,32,33,34---8

I was like "I can't win with these!" lol and I didn't get one number right..but it was only 1 ticket that time. I only play more as the pot grows bigger.  The numbers were horrible, so I got bored and went to MM website to look at past years winning numbers and  I saw very  few lines with 3 numbers right after another (32,33,34) I saw a lot of lines I would never of came up with myself.  Like numbers all over 38 and such.  Showed me that even the messed up numbers can come up.  But if it keeps happening to me and I want that QP feel, the MM website also has a random number pick I can click on and it pops up about 5 rows of numers in random that maybe I can write down and play.  And if I don't like a line, I can just skip it and refresh the page for yet another 5 lines of random numbers.  It's kinda fun. Some have fun with special dates, even if the numbers are close together.  That one guy in Ga won like what...270 mill of his grand kids b'days? Highest number he picked was like 22.  Has anyone ever looked at like the winning MM or PB numbers  after a drawing and said every number has a meaning to you? Like Man I wished I played!!!!!!!!!  My son is 1, my daughter is 16, I've been married 18 years.......I'm 39, and my hubby is 42.....and the mega ball is 4......the number of people in my family.....man I should of played them and I'd be a millionaire!!!!! lolololololol.  then you feel likeBang Head

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10345 Posts
                            Posted: June 20, 2008, 2:45 am - IP Logged

For all the people that use systems, spreadsheets, etc.. there sure haven't been many jackpot winners.

The thing is spreadsheets and all that go into them don't account for the most important thing of all, the Luck Factor.

Even people who get lucky and hit all birthdays, some force in the universe deemed that those birthdays and the numbers drawn would coincide.

The Lottery Fairy is either smiling on you or not, and the lotteries own statistics teach us that the Lottery Fairy certainly smiles on more people who play quick picks, that's all there is to it.

There is quite a bit of information out about how to win the lottery, written by people who have never won it. all you have to do is see what numbers hit and see some of that information proven wrong almost daily.

Never play all even, all odd, etc... WRONG.

Never play all outside numbers or all inside numbers. WRONG

etc....etc...

Oh Lottery Fairy what have we done?

We've tracked, and ciphered, and square rooted

yet another quick pick won!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5114 Posts
                              Posted: June 20, 2008, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

My take on QP is to try playing the numbers back three days in a row I have won several times that way. SO if the numbers the QP picks for you don't fall, then try playing what was given to you for 3days and see if its a winner. 

I Agree!

G@@D IDEA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUT if UR QP HIT's D jackpot,

DON't wait around a YEAR to CA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$H>>>IT!!

LOL

PSYKOMO