Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Won A $86Million Annuity

Topic closed. 307 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 20 of 21
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1954 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2008, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Oh well... so much for that idea....  it appears to be a group of winners.  14 in exact.

Give us your source.

Gonna win.Big Smile

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
    Inglewood
    United States
    Member #41769
    June 22, 2006
    122 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2008, 10:51 am - IP Logged

So, he spent $2.00 Wow!!!

One2Adore's avatar - butterfly2
      Maryland
      United States
      Member #50566
      March 8, 2007
      88 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2008, 11:09 am - IP Logged

So, he spent $2.00 Wow!!!

yeah... and not even on the powerball ticket.  Imagine that!

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
        Member #12416
        March 13, 2005
        564 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2008, 11:16 am - IP Logged

do we have a "Lottery Post shoutout"??

What?  What?  What?

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
          Inglewood
          United States
          Member #41769
          June 22, 2006
          122 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2008, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

yeah... and not even on the powerball ticket.  Imagine that!

Can't believe it!

Lancasteronline has a photo up now.

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
            Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
            United States
            Member #26084
            November 14, 2005
            199 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2008, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Some folks have all the luck.

The jackpot-winning Powerball ticket was a $1 quick-pick generated free in conjunction with a Lottery promotion.

So his $42,529,765, turns out to be only $1.4 million, after he gives the bulk of it away to relatives. I don't think I will do that, if I ever win the big one.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
              Member #12416
              March 13, 2005
              564 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2008, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot-winning Powerball ticket was a $1 quick-pick generated free in conjunction with a Lottery promotion.

So his $42,529,765, turns out to be only $1.4 million, after he gives the bulk of it away to relatives. I don't think I will do that, if I ever win the big one.

try to remember all the losing tickets this person probably has had, and all the times they may have said "some people have all the luck"

just wondering how them pigs got in those trees............were they flying?

Cute screen name!

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2008, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

If the one who actually owned the ticket was up in age and thought he might be leaving most of it to his relatives in his estate, doing this way might have saved his relatives a lot of head aches and a lot of taxes too.  Doesn't sound like something that someone with the arrogant manners of EZMoney would do.

where's EZMoney

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
                  Dover, Delaware
                  United States
                  Member #26979
                  November 25, 2005
                  178 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2008, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Nah, weed usually mellows people out. I'm guessing something worse.

Let me get this straight...EZMONEY did not win the $86 million PowerBall Jackpot?.....Can somebody help me with the answer......  I'm not on drugs just a little slow.Confused

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS   Ice Water 

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
                    Bayonne
                    United States
                    Member #61147
                    May 13, 2008
                    129 Posts
                    Posted: August 8, 2008, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

i had to consult my voodoo mystical section to get to the bottom of this - my heebee jeebee senses believe the following to be 100% true:

the winner is actually a couple of ladies that won, middle aged ..

ez is from pa and has begged his lucky stars for the lotto to come to pa - it did but

he is 100% NOT the winner [i previously really thought he was until ...]

he has posted at least four times on this very subject board .. i expect a 'newbie' [aka .. him] will challenge my claims

and after assessing all his previous posts, ezmoney is the type to be at the lotto headquarters when it opened first thing monday morning holding the 'screw you' news conference and before consulting anyone

so that's it .. the real winners should be coming out by the end of this week - several ladies will be at the press conference and no sign of a late 20s kid

-- just my heebee jeebee hunch ---- as for the $86mil ezmoney money watch, i'm out and the above facts are more realiable than the original 'claim' trust me

No NoSulk Off

oh man, i'm going into consultations in the psychic world!!! i'm posting what my heebee jeebee spidy senses told me - did you guys go onto lancasteronline dot com ?? it's friday [end of week] did you see the middle aged group of four ladies standing there holding the check? i rest my case ....  i'll be doing predictions and reading individual fortunes from 2-3 monday afternoon.  thank you

Banana

United States
                      Member #26084
                      November 14, 2005
                      199 Posts
                      Posted: August 8, 2008, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

try to remember all the losing tickets this person probably has had, and all the times they may have said "some people have all the luck"

just wondering how them pigs got in those trees............were they flying?

Cute screen name!

Yes, they have no trouble flying as high as the like in Middle-earth, but when they visit the ole homestead here in Texas, they keep getting on the wrong side of Homeland security if they fly higher than a hundred feet.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

United States
                        Member #26084
                        November 14, 2005
                        199 Posts
                        Posted: August 8, 2008, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

If the one who actually owned the ticket was up in age and thought he might be leaving most of it to his relatives in his estate, doing this way might have saved his relatives a lot of head aches and a lot of taxes too.  Doesn't sound like something that someone with the arrogant manners of EZMoney would do.

where's EZMoney

I didn't think of that. Here in Texas (if I understand the rule) only one person can claim a ticket.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

DC81's avatar - batman39
                          MI
                          United States
                          Member #54830
                          August 31, 2007
                          985 Posts
                          Posted: August 8, 2008, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

And that, as they say, is that... Hmmm, last name of one side of that family is Edwards... Interesting... I wonder if there's any relation to whatshisname...

Okay, probably not. Congrats to this family who won, I hope they set this up beforehand and aren't just going to be handing out even amounts to everyone or they're going to be screwed hard at tax time.

You can't predict random.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                            Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #48725
                            January 7, 2007
                            1954 Posts
                            Posted: August 8, 2008, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

And that, as they say, is that... Hmmm, last name of one side of that family is Edwards... Interesting... I wonder if there's any relation to whatshisname...

Okay, probably not. Congrats to this family who won, I hope they set this up beforehand and aren't just going to be handing out even amounts to everyone or they're going to be screwed hard at tax time.

For real. I used to think to myself, that if I ever win Powerball, I was going to give half to my parents. I knew the gift tax existed, but I had no idea how high it was. I decided to look on the IRS website and found out that it's 45%. That is insanely high. If I gave half to my parents, I would end up with close to 1/4 of what I actually won and I would end up having a lot less than them, which doesn't make sense to me. So I decided I'm just going to give them enough to retire. I know the gift tax is supposed to be lowered to 35% in 2010, but even that's still insanely high. I think the gift tax is completely retarded. I hope they get rid of it.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7318 Posts
                              Posted: August 8, 2008, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

For real. I used to think to myself, that if I ever win Powerball, I was going to give half to my parents. I knew the gift tax existed, but I had no idea how high it was. I decided to look on the IRS website and found out that it's 45%. That is insanely high. If I gave half to my parents, I would end up with close to 1/4 of what I actually won and I would end up having a lot less than them, which doesn't make sense to me. So I decided I'm just going to give them enough to retire. I know the gift tax is supposed to be lowered to 35% in 2010, but even that's still insanely high. I think the gift tax is completely retarded. I hope they get rid of it.

If it's just your parents and you want to give them half, they could be co-owners of the ticket and you would be responsible for paying the taxes on your half and they on theirs. It becomes more complicated when the winners want to keep half and decide to give the rest to many members of their family and/or friends.

It would be great if the lotteries would allow the winners to divide the winnings into shares to avoid paying the gift, but I doubt the IRS allows them.

Page 20 of 21