Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the story behind your LP name?

Topic closed. 101 replies. Last post 8 years ago by neverwins.

Page 3 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
claymore's avatar - basket
College Station, Texas
United States
Member #61680
May 31, 2008
13 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2008, 10:11 am - IP Logged

My username is the second half of my confirmation name. Though I went to a catholic high school and was raised in a catholic household, I have never been serious about it. I went through confirmation as a gesture to my family and picked an appropriate (more saintly) first name for confirmation. However, I raised a few eyebrows with the second...and in closer circles, I've been known by Claymore ever since.

I was such a difficult teenager.

=]

(if you think that was irreverent, you should have heard my Valedictorian speech...lol)

claymore

United States
    Member #637
    August 28, 2002
    80 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2008, 10:37 am - IP Logged

My name resulted from my step-daughter obtaining her certifiation from Microsoft in the year 2000.  Up to that point in time I probably knew the most about computers in the immediate family (let me hasten to add that I did not and still do not know that much).  SO !!! when she earned her certification, she became the family guru and I MADE MYSELF "URUG200O" as the backward GURU of the family. 

I don't post very often because some years ago I was chastised severely by a fellow member.  I had learned many years ago that when one has a problem that he/she has only 2 choices.  He/she can either remove the problem, or remove himself/herself from the problem.  So, I removed myself.  Nonetheless, I have maintained my membership and plan to do so into the future.  I do look in and snoop around as a 'guest' and will continue to do so. 

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2008, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Tn  is for Tennessee

Tea is for Teacher

Tntea 

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2008, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Tiggs95...Detroit Tiger fan............

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10348 Posts
          Posted: August 24, 2008, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss is a name I was already using on another board where you make "make believe" sports bets.....when it gets right down to it, picking a team (or horse) to bet on comes down to a coin toss.

Even in lotto, playing or not playing a nunmber can be a coin toss, too.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

paurths's avatar - underground
            Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
            Belgium
            Member #19287
            July 29, 2005
            2254 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2008, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Username (loginname) at my previous employer

Province Antwerp Users RTHS

where RTHS is from my first and lastname, Ricky Thys

(my username is non existant anymore)

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
              Wilson
              United States
              Member #54516
              August 21, 2007
              2802 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2008, 11:39 am - IP Logged

I am constantly doing something...therefore constantlyb

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: August 24, 2008, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I'll like to know what's the story behind Spy153's name...I used to think that we really had a spy here on LP....I also like to know what's the story behind: Soreansofan or something like that and ichibanba or something like that...

For the amount of LP members here in LP this thread/post should go a long way, it should finish at 50' something....

You know it will be good if you ask or request it too..

pumpi76 was my nickname growing up, a lot of people old friends know me as pumpi. They gave it to me, short for the Argentinian soccer player named "Pumpido" though he was a goalkeeper i was not..

Mostly my screenames anywhere are: PUMPI OR COSINE...A very popular screename that i used to have was cosine19....

Tntea i didn't know it was teacher, i used to really think it was tea...YOu spoiled the fun...

i used to think that four4me like 4 girls for himself...LOL...

increase's avatar - focus
                  VA
                  United States
                  Member #54828
                  August 31, 2007
                  37860 Posts
                  Posted: August 24, 2008, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I desire financial increase in my life and in the lives of others.  I want to see people increase in all areas of their lives.

player345's avatar - hani
                    buffalo, new york
                    United States
                    Member #40531
                    June 3, 2006
                    115 Posts
                    Posted: August 24, 2008, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

I've seen a bunch of interesting names here. Some with something to do  with the lottery and some don't.

Mine is Wolverine's real name from X-Men. I'm a big comic book fan. I also figure out he must be lucky because he hasn't died once (in main continuity).

Anyone else?

awwwww shucks!!!  Do I have to tell you what 3 digit number I play or can you guess?

player345

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
                      Bayonne
                      United States
                      Member #61147
                      May 13, 2008
                      129 Posts
                      Posted: August 24, 2008, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

well, in my 'hood' they always call me sandra dee ... after the 50s actress .. i'm supposed to look JUST like her [or samantha from bewitched] except i'm mixed .. and i'm also from bayonne AND my real name is alex [also] so .. there you go .. i just think of it as my unofficial other first name ..  who knew!

florida
                        United States
                        Member #2230
                        September 2, 2003
                        125 Posts
                        Posted: August 24, 2008, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

I have 4 parrots (brdz)

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8360 Posts
                          Posted: August 24, 2008, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I'll like to know what's the story behind Spy153's name...I used to think that we really had a spy here on LP....I also like to know what's the story behind: Soreansofan or something like that and ichibanba or something like that...

For the amount of LP members here in LP this thread/post should go a long way, it should finish at 50' something....

You know it will be good if you ask or request it too..

pumpi76 was my nickname growing up, a lot of people old friends know me as pumpi. They gave it to me, short for the Argentinian soccer player named "Pumpido" though he was a goalkeeper i was not..

Mostly my screenames anywhere are: PUMPI OR COSINE...A very popular screename that i used to have was cosine19....

Tntea i didn't know it was teacher, i used to really think it was tea...YOu spoiled the fun...

Soreansofan because he likes the NASCAR racing driver

Funny you should say that i have 4 daughters i love very much.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                            truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #22395
                            September 24, 2005
                            1583 Posts
                            Posted: August 24, 2008, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

I had this image of Cisco and Ebert in my head, only with
                            the intent of evaluating lotteries and systems in a detailed
                            and analytical way instead of movies.

bigdsing's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg

United States
                              Member #59824
                              March 28, 2008
                              14961 Posts
                              Posted: August 24, 2008, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

BigDSing! My first name is Dee and last is Singleton. As a teenager I towered over my classmates hence the

nick-name Big "D" stuck. Nowadays it's just  "D"Big Smile

Share the gift and prosper!    Beware of those making false claims, soon  they  will charge you  and  in the end you

lose your investment and your faith in the real!