Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Developing a winning MegaMillions System

Topic closed. 1111 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19831 Posts
Posted: August 31, 2008, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing MegaMillions since before the last 333 drawings of its last matrix change back 676 drawings when its name was BigGame.  During that time I have been developing a system to win it but the closes I came was when I reduced the core number pool to 25 and the bonus number pool to 10 and had all the winning numbers in those two groups twice. 

Playing 10 lines allows me to use the numbers in the core numbers pool twice and the ones in the bonus number pool once.  The two times that all the winning numbers were in those groups the best I did was a match 3+1 for $150 and a match 3+0 and 2+1 for $17.  It rare when I have all the winning numbers in those size groups so most times I'm lucky to have 3 core numbers and the bonus number.  Matching 1+1 or 0+1 is more common.

I've come up with all kinds of rules for how to formulate a winning combination and  eliminate the losing ones using data from previous drawings that seem to have worked when I compare a list of the combinations I rejected with the ones that I accepted and played.

I recently read BobP e-book "Win Your Lottery" that convinced me that I'm on the right track with my strategy, but it needs more development and little patiences.  It just might win big one of these days if I'm lucky.

I've share some of the things that I've tried that works in some of my earlier posts and as I discover new ones I will consider posting them too.

Good luck fellow LP members, I hope one of us win a jackpot soon.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20124 Posts
    Posted: August 31, 2008, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing MegaMillions since before the last 333 drawings of its last matrix change back 676 drawings when its name was BigGame.  During that time I have been developing a system to win it but the closes I came was when I reduced the core number pool to 25 and the bonus number pool to 10 and had all the winning numbers in those two groups twice. 

Playing 10 lines allows me to use the numbers in the core numbers pool twice and the ones in the bonus number pool once.  The two times that all the winning numbers were in those groups the best I did was a match 3+1 for $150 and a match 3+0 and 2+1 for $17.  It rare when I have all the winning numbers in those size groups so most times I'm lucky to have 3 core numbers and the bonus number.  Matching 1+1 or 0+1 is more common.

I've come up with all kinds of rules for how to formulate a winning combination and  eliminate the losing ones using data from previous drawings that seem to have worked when I compare a list of the combinations I rejected with the ones that I accepted and played.

I recently read BobP e-book "Win Your Lottery" that convinced me that I'm on the right track with my strategy, but it needs more development and little patiences.  It just might win big one of these days if I'm lucky.

I've share some of the things that I've tried that works in some of my earlier posts and as I discover new ones I will consider posting them too.

RJOh,

I for one have seen your efforts in the Challenges, and also know your willing to share with others your knowledge of the game and your system. There are a lot of players here at LP and I've seen the closeness that has developed. You and other members of LP are to be commended for your thoughts and examples that you've shown to others throughout your tenure. I do truly hope it is you that wins the Jackpot ande it comes on the heels of one of your examples.

Good luck....!     

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: August 31, 2008, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

MADDOG,

As you've noted I have participated in your PB and MM challenges but I've never cracked the 3+1 ceiling that seems to exist for most participants.  I know a few have done better but fja have shown many times by combining the posts of two participants, a 5+1 is possible with a pool of 18-24 core numbers and 6-8 bonus numbers which makes me think a pool of 25 core numbers and 10 bonus numbers is more doable.

If my calculations are correct the odds of matching 5 of 56 core numbers in a group of 12 are:

MATCH      ODDS
         5        1:4823
         4        1:175
         3        1:18
         2        1:4
         1        1:2
         0        1:4

and the odds of matching the bonus number of 46 in a group of 4 are 1:12. 

Combine these odds and my chances of matching a 5+1 = 12 x 4823 or 1:57876, not as bad as 1:178711536, but still unlikely even if I played all 3168 combinations possible with 12 core and 4 bonus numbers.

Evil Looking       

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: September 1, 2008, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Keep it up Rjoh i hope you win several jackpot and give us the winning formula...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3106 Posts
          Posted: September 1, 2008, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Within the last three draws there were two draws with two pairs of adjacent numbers.   If you had that choice right and normal choices for 6 other filters you would have had a 5 number prize in about 20 tickets.

Odd/Even 3-2
          Low/High 3-2
          Adjacent 2-2-1-0-0
          Spread 26-30
          Sum of Line 161-180
          Last Digit 2-1-1-1-0
          Sum of Digits 1-1-1-1-1

BobP

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: September 1, 2008, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

Given some of the eerie similarities between parts of your system and my own, I certainly hope you're on the right track. LOL

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
              Member #33588
              February 22, 2006
              2068 Posts
              Posted: September 1, 2008, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

RJOh the fact that you play megamillion only is to commend you and hope that you win big .

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1954 Posts
                Posted: September 1, 2008, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

That's cool that you are developing a system that works for a game with more than 1 pool of numbers. I could apply my system to Powerball, but only to the 5 white balls, which would mean my edge would be very minimal. It has a much bigger effect on games with only 1 pool of numbers, which is why I'm not using my system on Powerball anymore. I'm using it on Hoosier Lotto instead. We'll see how it turns out.Big Grin

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19831 Posts
                  Posted: September 2, 2008, 3:11 am - IP Logged

That's cool that you are developing a system that works for a game with more than 1 pool of numbers. I could apply my system to Powerball, but only to the 5 white balls, which would mean my edge would be very minimal. It has a much bigger effect on games with only 1 pool of numbers, which is why I'm not using my system on Powerball anymore. I'm using it on Hoosier Lotto instead. We'll see how it turns out.Big Grin

Actually my system probably works much like yours except it has the extra feature to go back and add bonus numbers once I have picked all my combinations of fives.  The first part can be used for pick5 or pick6 game without a bonus number.  Just like picking combinations of fives or sixes I set parameters for picking the bonus numbers and I check the results with previous drawings.  If I want to use specific numbers, I load a predetermined list to choose from.

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #37109
                    April 10, 2006
                    57 Posts
                    Posted: September 2, 2008, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

RJOh

I must have missed the post on yoursystem is there any way you could tell me how I could get it?  I play the Mega Million almost every draw and have never hit more that $3.00.  Please Help.

Doc Tor 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: September 2, 2008, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

For tonight's MM drawing, I will pick combinations of fives from the following 45 numbers:01 02 03 04 07 08 09 12 13 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 35 36 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 48 50 51 52 54 55 56

and pick the bonus numbers from the following 20 numbers:01 04 05 06 08 09 10 11 12 15 17 20 21 26 29 35 36 41 42 44

I will use the following 7 distribution patterns:
                      A = 1-19   B = 20-38   C = 39-56

1. AABBC           
                         2. ABBCC           
                         3. AABCC         
                         4. ABCCC         
                         5. AAABC           
                         6. ABBBC         
                         7. AACCC 

TOTAL MATCHES WITH PREVIOUS 333 DRAWINGS

MATCH  0 = 168-202
                          MATCH  1 = 81-110
                          MATCH  2 = 11-24
                          MATCH  3 = 0-2     
                          MATCH  4 = 0       
                          MATCH  5 = 0                 

I will also be using  some additional parameters that I have mentioned in other posts.

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #58526
                        February 18, 2008
                        683 Posts
                        Posted: September 2, 2008, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Good luck, RJOh!  Looks like you've done your homework.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                          Connecticut
                          United States
                          Member #61623
                          May 29, 2008
                          20581 Posts
                          Posted: September 2, 2008, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Hey RJOh..

Not for nothing but have any of you JP players tried the angle of the ball sums(Ball 36=9 type of stuff)?Particularly 6,7,9 and 12 sums and if you have what was the impact of wheeling 3 fairly repetive sums and the outcome of those specific sums over a period of time?.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: September 2, 2008, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

I managed to use all 45 core numbers and the 20 bonus numbers in the 20 lines below and stay within the posted parameters and others.  I posted the first 10 on the prediction board.  In a little bit the results will be posted at USAMega and I can review what could have been done to get better results.

12 17 29 33 50 +36
                            02 13 21 36 52 +35
                            01 20 25 38 44 +12
                            16 26 35 39 55 +11
                            03 24 28 42 51 +09
                            08 22 27 40 45 +08
                            04 23 43 54 56 +41
                            07 18 32 41 48 +26
                            08 13 32 35 56 +29
                            04 18 33 39 42 +01
                            09 28 36 45 46 +15
                            03 27 30 43 52 +44
                            12 23 24 31 55 +06
                            09 16 29 41 44 +05
                            01 17 21 30 48 +04
                            07 19 20 31 50 +20
                            02 27 32 42 51 +21
                            18 22 35 43 54 +17
                            13 20 23 28 46 +10
                            17 22 38 41 54 +42

Good luck to anyone who played tonight.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: September 2, 2008, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

The winning numbers are in: 14 23 43 44 54 +39

12 17 29 33 50 +36
                              02 13 21 36 52 +35
                              01 20 25 38 44 +12
                              16 26 35 39 55 +11
                              03 24 28 42 51 +09
                              08 22 27 40 45 +08
                              04 23 43 54 56 +41
                              07 18 32 41 48 +26
                              08 13 32 35 56 +29
                              04 18 33 39 42 +01
                              09 28 36 45 46 +15
                              03 27 30 43 52 +44
                              12 23 24 31 55 +06
                              09 16 29 41 44 +05
                              01 17 21 30 48 +04
                              07 19 20 31 50 +20
                              02 27 32 42 51 +21
                              18 22 35 43 54 +17
                              13 20 23 28 46 +10
                              17 22 38 41 54 +42

Matched 3 and no bonus number match.  Must take a little time to review.

Evil Looking       

Page 1 of 75