Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Developing a winning MegaMillions System

Topic closed. 1111 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Stack47.

Page 71 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
Member #13130
March 30, 2005
2171 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2009, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed and also some of the new lap tops don't have a dial-up modem which I need.  I usually check the specs on a model before I go shopping for it.  Changing my printer won't bother me since replacing the ink cartridges  for it cost more than it worth.

A multi-pack of the generic ink cartridges is the way to go. Smash
My printer came with 36-pin and USB connection ports. After a couple of years it was selling for more than the newer USB-only model, in the same series. Big Grin

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: December 22, 2009, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Ohio Rolling Cash5 was at $439K tonight so I tried using my MegaMillions system to pick some combinations for it since both games are pick5 games.  I found none of the rules I used for MM got similar results for RC5.  Besides, 1765 drawings was just too much information to digest in only a day.  Working with MM with only two drawings per week gives me time to analyze the data more completely and since I've done it many times I'm more familiar with it.  I guess it's better to pick one game and put all my energy into winning it, jumping around to different games even with the same system can be confusing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7310 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2009, 10:55 am - IP Logged

Ohio Rolling Cash5 was at $439K tonight so I tried using my MegaMillions system to pick some combinations for it since both games are pick5 games.  I found none of the rules I used for MM got similar results for RC5.  Besides, 1765 drawings was just too much information to digest in only a day.  Working with MM with only two drawings per week gives me time to analyze the data more completely and since I've done it many times I'm more familiar with it.  I guess it's better to pick one game and put all my energy into winning it, jumping around to different games even with the same system can be confusing.

"Besides, 1765 drawings was just too much information to digest in only a day."

There will be 326 more 1765 drawing periods before one cycle of 575,757 drawings is complete. Having only .3% of the data doesn't give you very much to go on. But you only need to be correct one time and since RC5 rolled again and is up to $523,000, get your systems cranking early today.

I'm looking forward to seeing your picture holding a big fat check on Ohio Lottery's web page!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19826 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2009, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

"Besides, 1765 drawings was just too much information to digest in only a day."

There will be 326 more 1765 drawing periods before one cycle of 575,757 drawings is complete. Having only .3% of the data doesn't give you very much to go on. But you only need to be correct one time and since RC5 rolled again and is up to $523,000, get your systems cranking early today.

I'm looking forward to seeing your picture holding a big fat check on Ohio Lottery's web page!

Buckeye5 ended after 2723 drawings and I look for Rolling Cash5 to do about the same.  The only games to continue since their beginnings with little or no change are the pick3 and pick4 games and some player complain while the odds and payouts haven't changed, they are harder to win now days than they ever were before.  I think it's just the frustrations of still losing after years of playing and learning about those games.

I spent a little time trying different ways of picking combinations for RC5 and finally settled for just picking some combinations randomly just to be in the game.  It's not often I have a chance to play for a half million dollars with those odds.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: December 30, 2009, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Last night I posted the 10 MM lines I played on the prediction board and got a 3+0 for $7 for real since I actually played them.  I also picked 12 numbers from the first three line for the Maddog MM challenge and got a 3+0 there too.  I hope this is a sign of better things to come in the next drawing or at the start of the new year.

I changed the way I picked my parameters for the second file which I played and checked its results with a file created first using parameters picked the old way and both files would have matched a 3+0 but the latter matched 3 in the third line and the other did so in the seventh line.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7310 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2009, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Last night I posted the 10 MM lines I played on the prediction board and got a 3+0 for $7 for real since I actually played them.  I also picked 12 numbers from the first three line for the Maddog MM challenge and got a 3+0 there too.  I hope this is a sign of better things to come in the next drawing or at the start of the new year.

I changed the way I picked my parameters for the second file which I played and checked its results with a file created first using parameters picked the old way and both files would have matched a 3+0 but the latter matched 3 in the third line and the other did so in the seventh line.

I played Buckeye 5 and Rolling Cash 5 before Ohio joined Mega Millions and noticed the difference between payoffs for matching 3 numbers right from the start. We like to believe we can match all 5 numbers but it's really matching 2 or 3 with an occasional 4 number match. When a 5/39 game pays $10 for matching 3 and a 5/56 game only pays $7 and the 5/39 pays twice as much for matching 4, it should be a no brainer on which game to play. Besides that MM pays nothing for matching 2 numbers and we get a buck back for matching 2 numbers playing RC5.

The odds against you for matching 3 numbers on a $10 play were about 30 to 1 but the payoff was less than the wager. Granted the idea is to develop a system to match all 5 and hopefully match the bonus ball too, but before that happens it could be consistently putting more and more money into it because of the meager payoffs.

"I also picked 12 numbers from the first three line for the Maddog MM challenge and got a 3+0 there too."

I've always thought the challenge was an excellent starting point for developing a system because of the cost of playing factor. A 3 if 4 of 12 number abbreviated wheel only has 12 combos and the 4 bonus balls can be played 3 times each. Catching a 4 number match or 3+1 would give enough of a profit to try the 4 if 5 wheel for $35. The potential for a really nice hit is right there by only concentrating on 12 numbers and 4 bonus numbers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2009, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I played Buckeye 5 and Rolling Cash 5 before Ohio joined Mega Millions and noticed the difference between payoffs for matching 3 numbers right from the start. We like to believe we can match all 5 numbers but it's really matching 2 or 3 with an occasional 4 number match. When a 5/39 game pays $10 for matching 3 and a 5/56 game only pays $7 and the 5/39 pays twice as much for matching 4, it should be a no brainer on which game to play. Besides that MM pays nothing for matching 2 numbers and we get a buck back for matching 2 numbers playing RC5.

The odds against you for matching 3 numbers on a $10 play were about 30 to 1 but the payoff was less than the wager. Granted the idea is to develop a system to match all 5 and hopefully match the bonus ball too, but before that happens it could be consistently putting more and more money into it because of the meager payoffs.

"I also picked 12 numbers from the first three line for the Maddog MM challenge and got a 3+0 there too."

I've always thought the challenge was an excellent starting point for developing a system because of the cost of playing factor. A 3 if 4 of 12 number abbreviated wheel only has 12 combos and the 4 bonus balls can be played 3 times each. Catching a 4 number match or 3+1 would give enough of a profit to try the 4 if 5 wheel for $35. The potential for a really nice hit is right there by only concentrating on 12 numbers and 4 bonus numbers.

I too play Rolling Cash5 especially when its jackpots get to $300K+, but it's not the same as playing for a $100M+ jackpot.  I don't play the games to show a small profit but for the excitement and thrill of gambling a few dollars on a chance to win lots of them.  That's one of the reasons Pick3 has never interested me.  The only thing I do that comes close to being practical when playing the lottery is trying to come up with a strategy to get the most bangs for the dollars my budget allows me to waste on gambling.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: January 9, 2010, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Tonight winning MM numbers were: 18 20 31 36 43  +33

I posted these numbers on the prediction board.

07 15 16 42 49  +33
                 25 28 38 40 56  +10
                 01 24 30 36 50  +38
                 05 18 19 21 37  +46
                 12 20 22 31 54  +45
                 06 17 29 35 39  +22
                 05 20 31 36 41  +25
                 25 27 34 47 52  +12
                 04 18 37 43 45  +13
                 13 22 24 38 49  +27

I feel I've taken this system as far as it can go, the best I could do is get 9 of my $10 back.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7310 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2010, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Tonight winning MM numbers were: 18 20 31 36 43  +33

I posted these numbers on the prediction board.

07 15 16 42 49  +33
                   25 28 38 40 56  +10
                   01 24 30 36 50  +38
                   05 18 19 21 37  +46
                   12 20 22 31 54  +45
                   06 17 29 35 39  +22
                   05 20 31 36 41  +25
                   25 27 34 47 52  +12
                   04 18 37 43 45  +13
                   13 22 24 38 49  +27

I feel I've taken this system as far as it can go, the best I could do is get 9 of my $10 back.

It looks to me like you used about 38 different numbers in 10 combinations but did have the 5 winning numbers. I'm assuming you used a filtering method because of the even/odd distribution and choose 10 from all the combinations. The first thought might be had you played more combos you could have the 5 drawn numbers in the same combo, but that could escalate into thousands of combos. The choices are playing more combos or finding a way to get right 5 number combo in the 10 combos you choose.

On the day the MM jackpot hit $390 million a couple of years ago, I planned on playing 50 QPs until I read about the 46 combo 2 if 5 of 56 wheel on this site. Since I could use all the bonus numbers, it seemed to be a better play than 46 random QPs because at the worst, I'd still get back $2. I did end up getting back $9 but it occurred to me that by using all 56 in combos and all 46 bonus numbers, the only thing that prevented me from matching all 5 numbers was the order the numbers were entered into the wheel. The wheel can be dissected by entering the numbers in numerical order 1 - 56 and from there one could find whatever order to get the desired even/odd, high/low, or any other filter distribution.

Finding the correct order to match even 3 or 4 numbers is difficult at best and at a maximum cost of $88 per week could get very expensive. Even if we only used each number once in 12 combos, finding the correct order would be even more difficult and that would limit our chances of winning the jackpot because we can only play 26% of the bonus numbers.

"I feel I've taken this system as far as it can go, the best I could do is get 9 of my $10 back."

The real problem with developing a MM or PB system is we really need two super systems because of the bonus balls. The other problem is the secondary payoffs almost make it an "all or nothing" game. By using 38 numbers you're only slightly lowering the odds of 1 in 306 unlike pick-5 where just getting $1 back from matching 2 numbers can help to offset the cost of playing.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19826 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2010, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Actually all 56 core numbers were available and only 38 of them were used in the first 10 lines although 51 of them were used in the 22 lines I eventually ran off.  I used the most popular repeat frequencies of the megaballs to build a list of 16 numbers for megaballs and #33 was on that list.  As explained earlier in this thread when I analyzed all the past winners after the matrix change (474 drawings) there were some common traits shared by 80% of them which I used to pick the combinations I played.

Although I ran off 22 lines, I only played the first 10 and checked the others to see if playing them would have increased my winnings. The other 12 lines contained 3 match2 and 3 match 1 so more lines in this case wouldn't have help.  One of the parameters was off by one, I was picking combinations with a range of 27-53 and the winning combination had a range of 26. All of the other parameters were right on.  Past experiences has shown that the first 10 lines of a group of 20-30 lines usually are the best lines.  One of these day I may discover I would have matched 5 by playing all of the lines but so far it hasn't happened.

While I'm convinced this system has gotten me as close to winning something with only 10 lines as I've ever gotten, the amount of time spent recalculating all the parameters and limits before each drawings have me wondering if there isn't a quicker and easier way to do the same thing.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19826 Posts
                      Posted: January 13, 2010, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

While I'm convinced this system has gotten me as close to winning something with only 10 lines as I've ever gotten, the amount of time spent recalculating all the parameters and limits before each drawings have me wondering if there isn't a quicker and easier way to do the same thing.

Last night I was running a little behind and didn't have the time to recalculate all the parameters and limits before the drawing to pick some combinations and post them to the prediction board.  The 10 lines I played was picked half-hazardously and it showed, they were no better than quick picks.  I have nothing against quick picks but last night they didn't work for me.  I plan to get an earlier start on picking my combinations for Friday drawing and stick with the game plan.

Note: I bought a HP laptop and went to transfer all my lottery programs to it only to find out my DOS programs won't run in Windows 7 the 64 bit version.  I wonder how this will effect all those players using Gail Howard DOS programs.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19826 Posts
                        Posted: January 15, 2010, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I'm ready to start picking my combinations for tonights MM drawing.  I've divided my core numbers into two groups blue and green and come up with a group of 22 bonus numbers.  Each combination will have at lease 3 numbers from the green group. 

GREEN
                        27 04 09 35 50 51 21 39 45 02 17 25 31 37 05 12 15 18 28 29 36 48 56 11 20 24 44 52 03 10 16 33 34 38 40 46 49

BLUE
                        07 13 26 55 08 30 42 43 53 54 06 22 23 32 01 14 41 47 19

BONUS
                        03 12 13 15 16 19 20 39 44 08 21 24 29 33 35 38 40 45 02 34 37 46

Good luck if you're playing.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19826 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2010, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

I'm ready to start picking my combinations for tonights MM drawing.  I've divided my core numbers into two groups blue and green and come up with a group of 22 bonus numbers.  Each combination will have at lease 3 numbers from the green group. 

GREEN
                          27 04 09 35 50 51 21 39 45 02 17 25 31 37 05 12 15 18 28 29 36 48 56 11 20 24 44 52 03 10 16 33 34 38 40 46 49

BLUE
                          07 13 26 55 08 30 42 43 53 54 06 22 23 32 01 14 41 47 19

BONUS
                          03 12 13 15 16 19 20 39 44 08 21 24 29 33 35 38 40 45 02 34 37 46

Good luck if you're playing.

Tonight's winning numbers were : 04 07 19 21 38  +29

The only thing I got right was the color mix, 3 from the green group and a bonus from the bonus group.

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #65204
                            September 20, 2008
                            668 Posts
                            Posted: January 16, 2010, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Are you trying to get all the balls in one color or does the three from the green group mean something?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: January 16, 2010, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Last night I was running a little behind and didn't have the time to recalculate all the parameters and limits before the drawing to pick some combinations and post them to the prediction board.  The 10 lines I played was picked half-hazardously and it showed, they were no better than quick picks.  I have nothing against quick picks but last night they didn't work for me.  I plan to get an earlier start on picking my combinations for Friday drawing and stick with the game plan.

Note: I bought a HP laptop and went to transfer all my lottery programs to it only to find out my DOS programs won't run in Windows 7 the 64 bit version.  I wonder how this will effect all those players using Gail Howard DOS programs.

Supposedly, there are some good DOS emulators out there.
                              After so many people "down"-graded from VistaDead to XP, there will most likely be people doing the same with W7.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Page 71 of 75