Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Developing a winning MegaMillions System

Topic closed. 1111 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Stack47.

Page 72 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19828 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2010, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Are you trying to get all the balls in one color or does the three from the green group mean something?

My RNG program has a feature that allows me to color numbers by their groups which I hadn't used in a while.  The greens were more active than the blues so I wanted to make sure each combination I picked had mostly active numbers  which I could tell visually by their colors. 

If you check those green numbers with the last 50 drawings, you will find all but three had 3 or more of those numbers.  Maybe next time I'll only use the green group.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2010, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Supposedly, there are some good DOS emulators out there.
    After so many people "down"-graded from VistaDead to XP, there will most likely be people doing the same with W7.

Microsoft has a free one that I can download  but I have to upgrade to the professional or ultimate version of Windows7 to use it, it doesn't work on the home version of Windows7.

Evil Looking       

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      Monte Carlo
      France
      Member #55589
      October 9, 2007
      1181 Posts
      Posted: January 17, 2010, 9:24 am - IP Logged

Microsoft has a free one that I can download  but I have to upgrade to the professional or ultimate version of Windows7 to use it, it doesn't work on the home version of Windows7.

Your theory needs update.

Strive to predict 8 tickets for 12 numbers with Max ROI for Pick6!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2010, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

[T]he amount of time spentrecalculating all the parameters and limits before each drawings haveme wondering if there isn't a quicker and easier way to do the samething.

I ran into this same problem many years ago working on p3/p4 (back when my coding was much simpler). As long as the system took to run, I knew I had to do something very different, if I ever wanted to 'graduate' to p5-and-up games 

What I found was that in some cases I was recalculating some things over and over, when they could be done just once. Another fix was making some data libraries instead of creating all the data fresh, each run. Running mighty fast, since making those kinds of changes. Once you've bought the fastet PC you can get your hands on, the only thing left is the code itself.

Now, I just need to teach it to give me a playable-sized list with the correct combination. Big Grin

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
          Member #85584
          January 18, 2010
          1 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2010, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing MegaMillions since before the last 333 drawings of its last matrix change back 676 drawings when its name was BigGame.  During that time I have been developing a system to win it but the closes I came was when I reduced the core number pool to 25 and the bonus number pool to 10 and had all the winning numbers in those two groups twice. 

Playing 10 lines allows me to use the numbers in the core numbers pool twice and the ones in the bonus number pool once.  The two times that all the winning numbers were in those groups the best I did was a match 3+1 for $150 and a match 3+0 and 2+1 for $17.  It rare when I have all the winning numbers in those size groups so most times I'm lucky to have 3 core numbers and the bonus number.  Matching 1+1 or 0+1 is more common.

I've come up with all kinds of rules for how to formulate a winning combination and  eliminate the losing ones using data from previous drawings that seem to have worked when I compare a list of the combinations I rejected with the ones that I accepted and played.

I recently read BobP e-book "Win Your Lottery" that convinced me that I'm on the right track with my strategy, but it needs more development and little patiences.  It just might win big one of these days if I'm lucky.

I've share some of the things that I've tried that works in some of my earlier posts and as I discover new ones I will consider posting them too.

Good luck fellow LP members, I hope one of us win a jackpot soon.

I have just returned to the lottery after years of not playing at all.  I have more time to devote to the theory of probaility of numbers repeating in a sequence.  I was very interested in your matrix and how you developed a number pool.  I could use some help in developing a number pool.

(Red)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19828 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2010, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

I have just returned to the lottery after years of not playing at all.  I have more time to devote to the theory of probaility of numbers repeating in a sequence.  I was very interested in your matrix and how you developed a number pool.  I could use some help in developing a number pool.

(Red)

You've picked a good time to return to playing the lotteries, especially if you now have the time to look at past drawing history and develop a system .  With a little luck and the right numbers, you'll have the chance to win a great deal of money 4 days a week since many states will start selling both MegaMillions and PowerBall tickets at the end of the month. (Only in America)

Every idea I've had has been put in this thread somewhere.  Some of this thread most promising contributors stopped posting, I don't know if they got what they wanted and decided to go a different direction or just lost interest after finding the odds of winning overwhelming.  Winning a lottery can be a project that takes lots of time and patience.  There's a lot of ideas in these pages, I hope you find some of them helpful.  Good luck to you.

Evil Looking       

cleveland ohio
              United States
              Member #65897
              October 9, 2008
              275 Posts
              Posted: January 19, 2010, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Im working on the mega again because it is so closely related to the rolling cash 5 and I hate the split jackpot feature of that game however I have started to work with it to try to perfect how I look at the pick 5 games. Much easier on a smaller scale at the moment.

Anyhow I have come up with 3 numbers for tonight.

This is in its very very very early stage of developement and of course I have not even begun to work on  the mega ball part.

Here are the 3 plays I have tonight

10-14-39-47-50 mb 12

2-26-41-49-52 mb 12

7-21-46-44-54 mb 12

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                Monte Carlo
                France
                Member #55589
                October 9, 2007
                1181 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2010, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

You've picked a good time to return to playing the lotteries, especially if you now have the time to look at past drawing history and develop a system .  With a little luck and the right numbers, you'll have the chance to win a great deal of money 4 days a week since many states will start selling both MegaMillions and PowerBall tickets at the end of the month. (Only in America)

Every idea I've had has been put in this thread somewhere.  Some of this thread most promising contributors stopped posting, I don't know if they got what they wanted and decided to go a different direction or just lost interest after finding the odds of winning overwhelming.  Winning a lottery can be a project that takes lots of time and patience.  There's a lot of ideas in these pages, I hope you find some of them helpful.  Good luck to you.

Why not give a break to yourself?We have been forgive.

Strive to predict 8 tickets for 12 numbers with Max ROI for Pick6!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19828 Posts
                  Posted: February 15, 2010, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Why not give a break to yourself?We have been forgive.

Taking a break accomplished one thing "NOTHING".

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: February 25, 2010, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I googled "unique winning megamillions combinations" and found a website that's using a system very similar to mine for both MegaMillions and PowerBall drawings to come up with "profitable" combinations and selling them $4.49 for 5 and $9.49 for 20.  I checked their demonstration and hot picks recommendations and their results didn't surpass the results I'm got using my system so this validated my system.  Since I usually play 15-20 lines per drawing, I'm saving $9.49 per drawing using my own system.  Good luck to others developing their own systems, win or lose your efforts have value.

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #13130
                      March 30, 2005
                      2171 Posts
                      Posted: February 25, 2010, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

I googled "unique winning megamillions combinations" and found a website that's using a system very similar to mine for both MegaMillions and PowerBall drawings to come up with "profitable" combinations and selling them $4.49 for 5 and $9.49 for 20.  I checked their demonstration and hot picks recommendations and their results didn't surpass the results I'm got using my system so this validated my system.  Since I usually play 15-20 lines per drawing, I'm saving $9.49 per drawing using my own system.  Good luck to others developing their own systems, win or lose your efforts have value.

With lottery software, the bought stuff may have a nicer looking interface, but the downside is you lose the ability to make changes and additions where it counts... in the inner workings of the program, itself. I'll keep writing my own.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19828 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2010, 11:36 am - IP Logged

With lottery software, the bought stuff may have a nicer looking interface, but the downside is you lose the ability to make changes and additions where it counts... in the inner workings of the program, itself. I'll keep writing my own.

Yes, it's nice to know how a lottery program really works.  With some commercial programs you get some pretty pages with only a random number generator without a strategy working in the back ground.  Writing your own program you know there's a strategy and if it doesn't works or you, you can always replace it with something different.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19828 Posts
                          Posted: March 5, 2010, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

MegaMillions has now had 490 drawings with its present matrix. When comparing those 490 drawings to themselves I get the following results for 85% of them.

MATCHES
                          0=282-321
                          1=146-174
                          2=19-35
                          3=0-3
                          4=0
                          TOTAL HITS
                          199-243
                          SUMS
                          95-190
                          RANGES
                          27-53

Tonight I plan to play a few lines within these parameters.  Good luck if you're playing too.

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: March 5, 2010, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

What percent of total combos match those constraints?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19828 Posts
                              Posted: March 5, 2010, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

What percent of total combos match those constraints?

Those constraints covered 85% of past drawings as well as tonight's drawing.

WINNING NUMBERS - 11  31  34  44  52  +32
                              MATCHES   WB    MB

MATCH  0 = 307    5     
                              MATCH  1 = 151    2     
                              MATCH  2 = 31      0
                              MATCH  3 = 1        0     
                              MATCH  4 = 0        0
                              MATCH  5 = 0        0

490 DRAWS CHECKED

TOTAL HITS
                              SUM
                              RANGE

Evil Looking       

Page 72 of 75