Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Real talk.

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 8 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
Member #33588
February 22, 2006
2068 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2008, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Some one help you win the lottrey don't you feel obligated to show your appreciation by giving them some of the cash or a gift ?  Lets discuss. Ok say $500 to a $1000.

AlecWest's avatar - alec
    Vader, Washington
    United States
    Member #29697
    January 5, 2006
    108 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2008, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Since games are entirely luck-based, I don't see how anyone could really "help" someone win a lottery.

If you mean someone helped you pick the numbers played, then it would be between you and them.  Personally, I'd want to avoid that scenario like the plague.  Friendships can be strained by any kind of money pressure.  And divvying up a jackpot might create that pressure.

Regards -- J. Alec West

United States
      Member #33588
      February 22, 2006
      2068 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2008, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Since games are entirely luck-based, I don't see how anyone could really "help" someone win a lottery.

If you mean someone helped you pick the numbers played, then it would be between you and them.  Personally, I'd want to avoid that scenario like the plague.  Friendships can be strained by any kind of money pressure.  And divvying up a jackpot might create that pressure.

Regards -- J. Alec West

First of all welcome aboard new member Alecwest . I will give you time to search through the web pages on lp so you can understand that there are such things as "HELP" real poeple helping others  win. And also real people helping each other win .Many names i can't mention all. You need more than luck to win.  

ICNUMBERS's avatar - the eye.png
        Messy Michigan
        United States
        Member #64435
        August 28, 2008
        110 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2008, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

I know I sure do. Because I see it as a blessing and since they helped bless me with the winning number I feel obligated to bless them.

Remember we are the decisions that we make, please take the time to educate.Stooges

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2008, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

Wheat bread.

United States
            Member #33588
            February 22, 2006
            2068 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2008, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Wheat bread.

You are not serious are you ?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10388 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2008, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Some one help you win the lottrey don't you feel obligated to show your appreciation by giving them some of the cash or a gift ?  Lets discuss. Ok say $500 to a $1000.

If you're talking about them helping you with the numbers to play, what is stopping them from springing for the $1 and playing the same numbers for themself?

Unless they're giving lots of number combinations to lots of people and ready to stand there with their hand out should one of them hit (common, such people are known as touts).

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19891 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2008, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

What do you consider helping someone win a lottery?

Buying tickets for them when you travel out of state to buy PowerBall or MegaMillions tickets for yourself?

Advancing them a few dollars to play when they are a little short?

Picking up their tickets when there are too busy or unable to do it themselves?

Any of the above I would say "Yes", compensate them for their time and effort.

But....
                Posting a lot of combinations at LP for everybody to try.  Hanging around store counters and saying "Good luck, I hope you win big" or always suggesting numbers for them to play or borrowing money from them to play your own numbers....

I say "No", tell the bum to get a life and stop trying to live off others.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19891 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2008, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

What do you consider helping someone win a lottery?

Buying tickets for them when you travel out of state to buy PowerBall or MegaMillions tickets for yourself?

Advancing them a few dollars to play when they are a little short?

Picking up their tickets when there are too busy or unable to do it themselves?

Any of the above I would say "Yes", compensate them for their time and effort.

But....
                  Posting a lot of combinations at LP for everybody to try.  Hanging around store counters and saying "Good luck, I hope you win big" or always suggesting numbers for them to play or borrowing money from them to play your own numbers....

I say "No", tell the bum to get a life and stop trying to live off others.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                    Connecticut
                    United States
                    Member #61623
                    May 29, 2008
                    20581 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2008, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I just can't see "helping" someone win the lottery.I believe people can call trends and mainly high or low balls at best

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                      CT
                      United States
                      Member #61398
                      May 21, 2008
                      781 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2008, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I think you need to be more specific than "help you win the lottery".

United States
                        Member #33588
                        February 22, 2006
                        2068 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2008, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

If you're talking about them helping you with the numbers to play, what is stopping them from springing for the $1 and playing the same numbers for themself?

Unless they're giving lots of number combinations to lots of people and ready to stand there with their hand out should one of them hit (common, such people are known as touts).

Just say that RJOH give you a prediction for illinois today 748 and you hit it straight for a thousand . Do you give RJOH hundred dollars and say thank you for looking Out ? Or you don't feel that you owe him anything .

United States
                          Member #33588
                          February 22, 2006
                          2068 Posts
                          Posted: September 9, 2008, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

I think you need to be more specific than "help you win the lottery".

Vergie gives you a number for your state and you just hit for a thousand do you feel obligated to give some of the winnings to vergie as a gratitude or not. 

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                            Connecticut
                            United States
                            Member #61623
                            May 29, 2008
                            20581 Posts
                            Posted: September 9, 2008, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Vergie gives you a number for your state and you just hit for a thousand do you feel obligated to give some of the winnings to vergie as a gratitude or not. 

Hell no then....this site is about giving and receiving and learning

United States
                              Member #33588
                              February 22, 2006
                              2068 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2008, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Hell no then....this site is about giving and receiving and learning

Thanks for your responds JonnyBgood07