Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Real talk.

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 8 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
taylor, Mi
United States
Member #64652
September 3, 2008
19 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2008, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Wow, i thought people would have been nicer than this. If i hit for 500 to 1000 i would definately send a small sum to whoever put those numbers in my head.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31365 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2008, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

I know I sure do. Because I see it as a blessing and since they helped bless me with the winning number I feel obligated to bless them.

Yes.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
      CT
      United States
      Member #61398
      May 21, 2008
      781 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2008, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't expect anything back if I gave someone numbers for any lottery and they hit.  If I felt that good about the numbers, I would play them myself as well.  If someone gives you numbers and they are just too lazy to get down to the store to play the numbers themselves, I would not think they are owed anything at all.

CT
        United States
        Member #61398
        May 21, 2008
        781 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2008, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Wow, i thought people would have been nicer than this. If i hit for 500 to 1000 i would definately send a small sum to whoever put those numbers in my head.

People here are plenty nice, but you just can't go giving money out to everyone or you would have none left!

It does depend on amount though.  If someone from a non-PB state were to give me numbers for the PB here that they felt really good about, and then I played and the numbers won, the jackpot would be plenty big to throw some their way. I would consider a 'consulting bonus' in that situation. :)

taylor, Mi
          United States
          Member #64652
          September 3, 2008
          19 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2008, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

People here are plenty nice, but you just can't go giving money out to everyone or you would have none left!

It does depend on amount though.  If someone from a non-PB state were to give me numbers for the PB here that they felt really good about, and then I played and the numbers won, the jackpot would be plenty big to throw some their way. I would consider a 'consulting bonus' in that situation. :)

haha consulting bonus, nice way to put it.

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
            Member #33588
            February 22, 2006
            2068 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2008, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't expect anything back if I gave someone numbers for any lottery and they hit.  If I felt that good about the numbers, I would play them myself as well.  If someone gives you numbers and they are just too lazy to get down to the store to play the numbers themselves, I would not think they are owed anything at all.

Your had work means nothing to you ? Do you work for free ? Picking numbers for others is time consuming there for a little gratitude indeed shows your appreciation don't you think ?

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2008, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

500 to 1,000 dollars where are you from no offense...

If you win and someone helped you, you are obligated to give them half even if the person did not know you won...There should be a law for this...I say this because people forget that it takes 30 to 40 years of hard work for someone to accumulate let's say 500,000 or 1,000,000 dollars and after they accumulate this they'll be 65 years old and have very few years on their side...LIke life isn't cruel...And there is no life in the universe, once you gone you are gone...

And i don't think if someone helped you you go and spent it with your beers and crazy ideas...

but what i don't agree is for 2 people to get married and the wife just babysitt the kids and after the male dies she gets half of the fortune...I believe she should get something to make her live comfortably but she should not get half specially if she didn't work...

You know how i hate for one person to be a billionaires (like we actually had a lot of them) and give half of his fortune to a women just because she gave him a son, unless she didn't raise him she should not get more than 100 million....And don't think that 6 years is raising a kid because that's not time enough, raising a kid takes 18 years...

I think for 1 billionaire after he separates with his wife for whatever reason she should get 100 million dollars, not more than that....But there are cases where a person accumulates 600 million or more and the wife gets half of the money when she did not work, just because they were married, knowing that she should get 100 million but because she is married she is entitled to half...I don't like that system...I think in this cases they should look at how long have the couples been married together...I am the kind of person that believes that if it was for me, i'll make women millionaires and not men, but there are things that don't seem right and this is one of them...

anyways, going back to the lottery and if someone helped you...I think it should go like this...If you have ton of money then you can be stingy on how much you give the person that helped you provided you gave them a very good deal....But when you are poor you are entitled to give the person half if that person helped you because it will take several decades to accumulate 500K to 1 million....People forget that once you are rich is easier to make money but once you are poor is extremely hard...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2008, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Just say that RJOH give you a prediction for illinois today 748 and you hit it straight for a thousand . Do you give RJOH hundred dollars and say thank you for looking Out ? Or you don't feel that you owe him anything .

I post on the prediction board all the time.  If someone plays my predictions and lose all their money, I don't want them dumping on me trying to make me feel bad and if they win, nothing is expect but a "that a boy" will do fine.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CT
                  United States
                  Member #61398
                  May 21, 2008
                  781 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2008, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

RJ makes a good point.  If you give someone *losing*predictions, do you think you should give them $.50 for half of the losing ticket?  If not, what would make you entitled to only partake in winners and not be responsible for the losers?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2008, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Just say that RJOH give you a prediction for illinois today 748 and you hit it straight for a thousand . Do you give RJOH hundred dollars and say thank you for looking Out ? Or you don't feel that you owe him anything .

Same thing, what is stopping anyone from playing the number for themself?

PS

Donald Trump would go broke trying to play all the predictions people give.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2008, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

LOok i may be dislike for this, i don't mean to offend anyone...

suppose the jackpot is 100 million dollars "Quoting" "the jackpot would be plenty big to throw some their way"

But reading this comment how do you call yourself American, where is your sense of fellowship for your fellow American, after all he gave you the numbers...

you disgust me...i don't want you to take it seriously anyways because is just a forum and i don't know you...but still i can't believe someone said that here in this forum...Didn't they teach you better at home...

you are suppose to give the person half i don't care if you paid 10 bucks for it...

...If you paid for the PB numbers (some kind of prediction website) you are still suppose to give the person something maybe a bonus as a sign of gratitude...And not only that but be friends with that person because if it wasn't for that person you wouldn't be where you are today...

suppose a woman gave you the numbers and you won 100 million, you are also going to give her a consulting bonus...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

CT
                        United States
                        Member #61398
                        May 21, 2008
                        781 Posts
                        Posted: September 10, 2008, 12:14 am - IP Logged

How do I call myself American?  Didn't they teach me better at home? Ha.

I am plenty generous, but hey, it all depends on the circumstance.

Sometimes I don't know where you come up with your ideas pumpi.

Old Eagle's avatar - bald13
                          Washington
                          United States
                          Member #51939
                          May 2, 2007
                          1377 Posts
                          Posted: September 10, 2008, 1:27 am - IP Logged

PUMPI, are you really saying that you should only share your winnings and not the losses you suffer by using the numbers suggested by others?  If that is really your position, I think youd tell us why you feel that way.  If I misread your post, please explain it better.

"To most people, the sky is the limit.  To those who love to fly, the sky is home"

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3475 Posts
                            Posted: September 10, 2008, 1:36 am - IP Logged

Your had work means nothing to you ? Do you work for free ? Picking numbers for others is time consuming there for a little gratitude indeed shows your appreciation don't you think ?

Did you read and understand what he said? If I tell you I think a number is <insert your choice of adjective here> and you win by playing it there are two possibilities. One possibility is that I also played it and therefore also won. The other is that I didn't play it and therefore didn't win. If I won, why should you reward me on top of that? If I didn't play numbers I said you should play, why would you reward me?

I don't know about you, but I'm guessing that most people who put hard work into picking numbers are doing it for themselves, rather than  for others. Once the work is done it costs nothing to share that information. Of course if you want to know what that "hard work" is worth, just have a look at the average  profits in the predictions.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10354 Posts
                              Posted: September 10, 2008, 1:40 am - IP Logged

I still want to know why none of these people "helping people" win the lotery aren't playing the numbers for themself.

And, if they are, and you were to give them a cut of your winnings, they'd think you're a real schmuck.

Pumpi, if they are in business selling lottery information or picks, they are selling hundreds or thousands of combinations to as many people as they can get to pay for them.

Same thing, if they are that confident in theor own picks, they should play them, if they're selling so many they'd go broke playing their own picks, should somebody win with their numbers they are not obligated to give them anything.

Let's say you sent off for a bodybuilding course, started lifting weights, and won a Mr. Universe contest. Would you owe the people who sent you the course any of the prize money?  No, not at all.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.