Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Real talk.

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 8 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
Member #33588
February 22, 2006
2068 Posts
Posted: September 10, 2008, 6:27 am - IP Logged

Did you read and understand what he said? If I tell you I think a number is <insert your choice of adjective here> and you win by playing it there are two possibilities. One possibility is that I also played it and therefore also won. The other is that I didn't play it and therefore didn't win. If I won, why should you reward me on top of that? If I didn't play numbers I said you should play, why would you reward me?

I don't know about you, but I'm guessing that most people who put hard work into picking numbers are doing it for themselves, rather than  for others. Once the work is done it costs nothing to share that information. Of course if you want to know what that "hard work" is worth, just have a look at the average  profits in the predictions.

kyfloyd no no no   , i assume no one will post prediction if it just for themself. They post to share their information with others. One is posted about a million from all over the world will see it. 

taylor, Mi
    United States
    Member #64652
    September 3, 2008
    19 Posts
    Posted: September 10, 2008, 9:21 am - IP Logged

What is a bodybuilding course? lol. If someone told me to eat carrots before i workout everyday, and i obviously made gains from the carrot ideal, and won lets say the my olympia, Yes i would not only feel entitled to share something with the person who let me in on the carrot secret, but i would want to personally. I would say its alright to predict and to accept, but not alright to predict and expect. Lets try this scenario, if some homeless guy were on the side of the street and needed a sip of water to make it through the night, and you gave him that sip and then never seen him again, then 20 years down the road you get a letter in the mail with a key to a safety deposit box and a note that reads, "some twenty years ago you saved my life, all it took was a sip of water and some hope, i am now an aspiring actor and would not have it any other way than you helping yourself to the million dollars in that safety deposit box". You would just toss the key out?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: September 10, 2008, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Until I read this thread, I thought people who played lotteries faithfully every week hoping to win a jackpot were at the height of dreaming but people setting around hoping someone to whom they once suggested some lottery numbers or someone who saw one of their LP posts will win a jackpot and search them out to give them a share of their winnings have taken dreaming to a new high.

No wonder some people feel they must post something at LP everyday, posting lottery numbers isn't a hobby for them, it's an investment for their future.   

Even if someone actually believed that a lottery jackpot was won because of something they suggested or posted at LP, I doubt if there's anyway to collect what they believe they have earned.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
        CT
        United States
        Member #61398
        May 21, 2008
        781 Posts
        Posted: September 10, 2008, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

PUMPI, are you really saying that you should only share your winnings and not the losses you suffer by using the numbers suggested by others?  If that is really your position, I think youd tell us why you feel that way.  If I misread your post, please explain it better.

Patriot

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7325 Posts
          Posted: September 10, 2008, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Same thing, what is stopping anyone from playing the number for themself?

PS

Donald Trump would go broke trying to play all the predictions people give.

Back in the day when the pick-3 was the only lottery game, it was common to ask or be asked which number are you playing and if that number was drawn, the next day we asked how much did you win. If they bet  $10 straight on the number and I only bet a 50 cent box, I can't think of a reason why I should expect compensation from them just because they had more confidence in my pick than I did. And their bet had no affect on my winnings.

Giving someone a method for picking the number doesn't prevent us from playing and winning on it either. Jackpot games are different because sharing a combination or a set of combinations could cost a player millions, but when was the last time someone asked which combinations are you playing in Mega Millions or Powerball?

In the 1980s it was only about 3 or 4 people discussing methods in the work place break area or a lunch room and the ideas for systems were from the combined input. If one them did make nice hit, it certainly would be a nice gesture to offer the others a few bucks or at least buy them lunch but it was only a small group of people. Today we have thousands of people offering ideas that are mostly variations of the of the same ideas discussed over 20 or more years ago.

It's possible any one of us on LP could give somebody an idea where the direct results would be them winning a huge jackpot, but since none of us really own even a complex idea, nobody should expect to be compensated except maybe a thank you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: September 10, 2008, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Once I got a PM from a LP member in California.  Ohio Rolling Cash5 had a jackpot exceeding $500K at the time and he said he usually sent numbers to his sister in Ohio to play when the jackpot was that large but she had moved to another state and he thought maybe I would be interested in playing them instead.  I pm him back and said "no", but if he wanted to play, he could send me 10 lines and I would play them as my expense and anything won over $10 would be split with him.  He pm me back and said "no thanks, he alway played at least 150 lines" and if I was interested in his lines I would have to pay him in advance same as other LP members who he had offered the same deal.  He stopped posting at LP a couple of years ago or he changed his name and now post under a different name.

There are players out there who come to LP every day looking for people to get over on.

Evil Looking       

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
              CT
              United States
              Member #61398
              May 21, 2008
              781 Posts
              Posted: September 10, 2008, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

RJ, he wanted YOU to pay HIM in advance for playing his lines for him??

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: September 10, 2008, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

RJ, he wanted YOU to pay HIM in advance for playing his lines for him??

No, he was posing as a member who wanted to play the Ohio lottery when he was really interested in selling me some lottery numbers.  He revealed his true nature when I offered to play ten lines for him.

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10356 Posts
                  Posted: September 10, 2008, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Bodybuildrr0713

A bodybuilsing course is a suggedted training routine, number of sets and reps, training regimen, etc...there are thousands sold...a fellow named Angelino siciliano made a fortune selling one, ytou may have heard of him as Charles Atlas.

So let me ask you, say you purchased one of these courses, and did win the Mr. O - who did the lifting? (In lotto terms, who played and bought the ticket?) You may have folowed the seller's advice, but who had the genetics and put in the training time to win the whole thing?

RJOH

"There are players out there who come to LP every day looking for people to get over on."

Bingo. Seems we're getting a lot of people lately with the "gimmes".

Your story about playing for that person is familiar. When I lived in Vegas I'd get calls from people wanted me to put " a nickel" down on the Chargers for them ($550) and they'd pay me or collect when they came to town.

I'd just tell them they were transparent and if the Chargers lost it's be a long time before they came to town, right?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

taylor, Mi
                    United States
                    Member #64652
                    September 3, 2008
                    19 Posts
                    Posted: September 10, 2008, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Bodybuildrr0713

A bodybuilsing course is a suggedted training routine, number of sets and reps, training regimen, etc...there are thousands sold...a fellow named Angelino siciliano made a fortune selling one, ytou may have heard of him as Charles Atlas.

So let me ask you, say you purchased one of these courses, and did win the Mr. O - who did the lifting? (In lotto terms, who played and bought the ticket?) You may have folowed the seller's advice, but who had the genetics and put in the training time to win the whole thing?

RJOH

"There are players out there who come to LP every day looking for people to get over on."

Bingo. Seems we're getting a lot of people lately with the "gimmes".

Your story about playing for that person is familiar. When I lived in Vegas I'd get calls from people wanted me to put " a nickel" down on the Chargers for them ($550) and they'd pay me or collect when they came to town.

I'd just tell them they were transparent and if the Chargers lost it's be a long time before they came to town, right?

Maybe ive givin off the wrong message, im not saying anyone is or should feel entitled to give someone money. What im saying is i personally would. If you (coin toss) gave me numbers and i won a grand, i would happily send $100 your way. Id actually feel disrespected if you wouldnt accept.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10356 Posts
                      Posted: September 11, 2008, 2:13 am - IP Logged

Maybe ive givin off the wrong message, im not saying anyone is or should feel entitled to give someone money. What im saying is i personally would. If you (coin toss) gave me numbers and i won a grand, i would happily send $100 your way. Id actually feel disrespected if you wouldnt accept.

I have to ask once more, if that was the case, I gave you numbers, then why didn't I play them for myself?

If I did, when you won, I won, if I didn't, why didn't I? And if I'm giving out numbers that I myself don't play, why am I giving them out?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

taylor, Mi
                        United States
                        Member #64652
                        September 3, 2008
                        19 Posts
                        Posted: September 11, 2008, 11:44 am - IP Logged

I have to ask once more, if that was the case, I gave you numbers, then why didn't I play them for myself?

If I did, when you won, I won, if I didn't, why didn't I? And if I'm giving out numbers that I myself don't play, why am I giving them out?

Regardless of wether you played them yourself or not, i myself, would not have "guessed" those numbers that you put into my head. Therefore, you are solely responsible for putting those numbers in my head.

United States
                          Member #33588
                          February 22, 2006
                          2068 Posts
                          Posted: September 11, 2008, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I think  we understand you now nobody gets a penny from  coin toss if you give him the winning numbers. He prefers that you play for yourself. Even if you win and he wins. It does not make you a bad person coin toss however it shows your character.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: September 11, 2008, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

I think  we understand you now nobody gets a penny from  coin toss if you give him the winning numbers. He prefers that you play for yourself. Even if you win and he wins. It does not make you a bad person coin toss however it shows your character.

I Agree! I agree with Coin-Toss and probably most other lottery players would too. 

Now that you know that, if you are giving numbers to other players you should tell them up front that if they win any money you are expecting a share of it.  You should also have them sign a contract just in case you have to go to court to get their money and their defense is they've never has heard of anything so outrageous.

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #33588
                              February 22, 2006
                              2068 Posts
                              Posted: September 11, 2008, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I agree with Coin-Toss and probably most other lottery players would too. 

Now that you know that, if you are giving numbers to other players you should tell them up front that if they win any money you are expecting a share of it.  You should also have them sign a contract just in case you have to go to court to get their money and their defense is they've never has heard of anything so outrageous.

RJOH do not twist this topic, you not making sense at all that i should tell people up front about predictions that they win, i am expecting something! get real stop being a silly ass !. You are intentionaly trying  to aggrivate  the real substance of what i am talking about !!.