Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Random Lottery..Random Stock Market

Topic closed. 101 replies. Last post 8 years ago by lotterybraker.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5903 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2008, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I am glad the Market got that afternoon bounce FOUR..I moved up a little more this afternoon..I am moving slow but in a good direction so far..thank goodness..hahahaha

$1.134M
Total Portfolio Value*
Top 19.7%
Game Rank*
95205th
Game Rank Position*
38,008 (3.5%)
Gain/Loss, Intraday
68,716 (6.4%)
Gain/Loss, Weekly*
134,108 (13.4%)
Gain/Loss, Overall*
*As of 12/5/08 at 4pm EST. Weekly and Overall Gain/Loss is calculated daily after market close

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2008, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Me too... i bounced real good.  I have just let everything ride for the last week i made no changes didn't buy or sell anything. Next week I might buy some more of the productive stock i have if the market shapes up on the news that we are bailing out the big 3 automakers for the next 4 months..

$1.146M
    Total Portfolio Value*
    Top 17.7%
    Game Rank*
    85618th
    Game Rank Position*
    55,691 (5.1%)
    Gain/Loss, Intraday
    55,880 (5.1%)
    Gain/Loss, Weekly*
    146,479 (14.6%)
    Gain/Loss, Overall*
    *As of 12/5/08 at 4pm EST. Weekly and Overall Gain/Loss is calculated daily after market close.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      mississippi
      United States
      Member #34478
      March 3, 2006
      5903 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2008, 10:25 am - IP Logged

YES SIR..you had a very good day friday..heh at least both of us are moving in the right direction..that means some people ahead of us are moving in the other direction..hahahaha

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

mississippi
        United States
        Member #34478
        March 3, 2006
        5903 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2008, 10:33 am - IP Logged

heh four..let me ask you a question..FRIDAY morning before the market opened they mentioned HIG's great report so I looked it up before the market was open and it was up a buck and some change so I added it to my portfolio for friday..and it closed up 7.00 bucks and some change I think..but when I bought before the market opened at above 1.00 and some change is what I had to pay right?..

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2008, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I think in the rules it states whatever you buy the price is whatever it is at the end of the day. So if you purchase it at 1.00 in the morning and it goes to 7 bucks buy 4 Pm the price is 7 bucks not one dollar.

So while in real life scenario it would be a bargain .... but for the game it's almost  useless because you don't get the benefit of buying shares that will grow throughout the day. Unless of course the next day the stock goes up.

You almost have to buy bargain shares today for tomorrows rewards or losses. I look at their 5 day charts if the stock grows for five days or more then to me  it's considered a good stock for the game.

I have one airline stock that for all intensive purposes should have grown everyday but the markets volatile meanderings have caused it to crush one day and grow the next.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8360 Posts
            Posted: December 9, 2008, 12:24 am - IP Logged

Inching my way up only one of my stocks took a slight hit today the others gained.

$1.219M
            Total Portfolio Value*
            Top 16.2%
            Game Rank*
            78995th
            Game Rank Position*
            73,004 (6.4%)
            Gain/Loss, Intraday
            73,004 (6.4%)
            Gain/Loss, Weekly*
            219,484 (21.9%)
            Gain/Loss, Overall*
            *As of 12/8/08 at 4pm EST. Weekly and Overall Gain/Loss is calculated daily after market close
              mississippi
              United States
              Member #34478
              March 3, 2006
              5903 Posts
              Posted: December 10, 2008, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Heh Four..congrats on Mondays GREAT DAY..I didnt run anything Monday I was gone..and I had 2 stocks still running from friday AIG And HIG..so I only made like 3 thousand on Mondays good day..didnt have anything in on Tuesday..put one steel stock in tuesday afternoon made a little off of that..got some Energy stocks in for wednesday and thursday..still in the top 20% percentish..I think it is 27  or so..so maybe after today and thursday I will make a run back down again..good luck today and the rest of the week....

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: December 10, 2008, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks LB I'm really moving now. I only wish i understood how to do the currency's or had enough free time to work with them. I could actually improve my standings. I'd be thrilled it i get to the top 1% or 2% of the overall players.

$1.238M
                Total Portfolio Value*
                Top 14.2%
                Game Rank*
                70323rd
                Game Rank Position*
                36,202 (3.0%)
                Gain/Loss, Intraday
                91,683 (8.0%)
                Gain/Loss, Weekly*
                238,162 (23.8%)
                Gain/Loss, Overall*
                *As of 12/10/08 at 4pm EST. Weekly and Overall Gain/Loss is calculated daily after market close.
                  mississippi
                  United States
                  Member #34478
                  March 3, 2006
                  5903 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2008, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

WTG FOUR!!!,,you really moved up that is very good..yeah I am like you..I dont know anything about trading currency..did you see that lady from Arizona..she is close to 5 million...do you think she is doing some insider trading..hahahaha

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8360 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2008, 2:03 am - IP Logged

I think she probably started out with some good stocks and has a handle on the currency thing as well. The last time the contest ran i tried the currency thing for a few hours i made a lot of money but in all honesty i don't know how i did it i just kept hammering away at the keys. It got old real fast as my time is limited to short spurts. If i could devote a whole weekend to just currency's which by the way are in force all the time day or night weekends included. I might be able to make a million bucks. And it being a holiday season and all i don't have the time to invest in playing around with it.

Another way she might be doing well with the currency's is having people stand in for her while she's away from the computer. If she had a well laid out plan and enough people to help she could clean up is cleaning up LOL. I think that is whats happening.

I can only hope at this point to buy some favorable low ball stocks that do well with the bonus bucks i have and see if i can get to the top 1000 people. Which is all i hoped to do this time around.  

mississippi
                      United States
                      Member #34478
                      March 3, 2006
                      5903 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2008, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Four..I sure hope you had a good day..I took a serious beating today..I had 4 energy stocks 25% on each one and they all 4 closed down bigtime..so I lost about 1/3 of my all of the money I had so far in oneday...I sure hate you cant take a stock out after it goes in to run..you gcan get tore up so bad with these rules..well good luck tomorrow..I know I will need it..hahahaha

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2008, 12:19 am - IP Logged
                        Yep I'm on the downslide as well.
                        Yes it is to bad the game isn't played in real time but that's they way it is. If it were in real time everybody would have a field day and their servers would go berserk as thousands of people would dump their stock and buy the preferred stuff at or near the end of the day.

My biggest concern with the stock market is are they manipulating the market so as to cause the economy's disruption on purpose. Have they scared the people so much as to cause them to spend less so they can purchase stock at bargain basement prices and drive the market up at a later time to new highs.

Then the first of this year i may put some of the money i spend on the lottery into stocks. From the looks of things this is the way to build a nest egg. Providing the right stocks are purchased.

Going backwards again.
                        $1.187M
                        Total Portfolio Value*
                        Top 15.8%
                        Game Rank*
                        78299th
                        Game Rank Position*
                        -63,613 (-5.1%)
                        Gain/Loss, Intraday
                        40,070 (3.5%)
                        Gain/Loss, Weekly*
                        186,549 (18.7%)
                        Gain/Loss, Overall*
                        *As of 12/11/08 at 4pm EST. Weekly and Overall Gain/Loss is calculated daily after market close.
                          mississippi
                          United States
                          Member #34478
                          March 3, 2006
                          5903 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2008, 8:30 am - IP Logged

I agree with you on the market manipulation part..like the news story that broke today about the guy that stole  up to 50 billion or something like that..man you can trust none of them people up there..I am almost willing to bet you onething...at the first of the year..ESPECIALLY after Obama is sworn in and the passage of that ECONOMIC STIMULUS package..I bet the market is going to bounce and will bounce huge..all I have heard that all those hedge funds and mutual fund redemptions..all that money is sitting on the sidelines and I will bet you all that money will be back in the market before the end of January...I think the stocks are going to get a huge bounce when all that money comes back in..if I had the money I would get in right now..because even if they take a beat down a few more times..when all that hedge fund money comes back in, the stocks will go much higher than the next few beat downs..so like they have been saying...I think right now is the time to get in..you are right...a good time to work on that nest egg starting next year..I really look for the end of January to be a HUGE MARKET MOVE..

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8360 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2008, 11:46 am - IP Logged

LB you are correct i also heard on the news that the market was to blame for the mess. Give em enough rope they'll hang themselves.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                              South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #6
                              November 4, 2001
                              8790 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2008, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Short sales.

http://www.sec.gov/answers/shortsale.htm

Do a search on short sales in stocks and info is out there.

WHATT