Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your Thoughts On This?

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Syracuse, N.Y.
United States
Member #70554
February 5, 2009
21 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Oh no ... I'm not waiting to win to pay my bills.  :-)

I manage my SSI very well, pay bills first, pleasure .. if any, second.  Usually, there's very little left for pleasure.

Syracuse, N.Y.
    United States
    Member #70554
    February 5, 2009
    21 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Sorry ... sure can relate. 

Syracuse, N.Y.
      United States
      Member #70554
      February 5, 2009
      21 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

You know, you're absolutely right!  I've never been the type of person to want to be obligated to anybody for money either .. SO, I called her and told her I'm taking the request off the table.  She just said ... good.

I feel so much better now... but sad still, because I was never asking for a hand out, and I DID intend to pay it back as a loan ... and it WOULD have given me that extra little boost in life .. but I'm very glad that I decided not to go for it.

Yes, and about the the other sister who got the car ...  she NEVER goes out at night, she's just not the type to drive at night, but when sister with winnings called her because she heard something in the house, she got up and went over.  That's UNHEARD of .... and of course, it did bother me a bit, since I KNOW she'd NEVER do that for me ....... but 'sigh' ... what can you do?

Syracuse, N.Y.
        United States
        Member #70554
        February 5, 2009
        21 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Ha Ha! Very funny!  :D

Actually, the last few days it's been pretty nice .. but today became very windy, rained and now it's snowing.

Syracuse, N.Y.
          United States
          Member #70554
          February 5, 2009
          21 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Relationship with winner isn't the greatest .. but mostly that's because she's always been overly dramatic, hurtful, and well .. controlling.

And I DO appreciate the 1,000 .. I was able to pay a few small bills, buy a few things for myself and treat my cats with a new window seat. 

The amount I mentioned was AFTER taxes by the way.

About the loan, I've taken it off the table ... don't want it .. don't want conditions to our relationship.

Hugs!

Syracuse, N.Y.
            United States
            Member #70554
            February 5, 2009
            21 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

If I won that amount, I all ready know in my heart, I'd just hand each sister a check for 10,000 without any obligation .. and then go from there.  But that's me ... and not her.

OH, the car only had loose something or other .. LOL ... so 20 bucks fixed it.  YAY!!

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
              MICHIGAN
              United States
              Member #65282
              September 22, 2008
              1992 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

U go girl,  Your blessing may come in other ways, like getting a number

from the Lottery Post!

Syracuse, N.Y.
                United States
                Member #70554
                February 5, 2009
                21 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Sorry about your H's family ... I can understand. 

Speaking of controling ... her late husband, was the same way .. and they were this way together.  Whenever they wanted to give the family something, take us to dinner, breakfast, etc. ... it was a big PRODUCTION on their terms .. and I really did NOT like it and skipped many of those occasions.

I did withdraw the request for the loan, and I'm glad.  This way I can see her when I want, and not feel that she's thinking I'm seeing her just for the money.

And yes, to be truthful, she IS toxic to me ... and  therefore I feel better just seeing her occasionally.

Hugs  :-)

Syracuse, N.Y.
                  United States
                  Member #70554
                  February 5, 2009
                  21 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Trust me, she's controlling!  I have a sister out of state, who feels the way I do .. only because she doesn't live here, she doesn't feel as strong as me.  But she also .. can't be around her much or talk to her on phone very often.

And you're absolutely right about a 'relationship'!  I love her, but I don't actually 'like' her that much.  If that makes sense.

Syracuse, N.Y.
                    United States
                    Member #70554
                    February 5, 2009
                    21 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Well, I may have whined a bit ... but truth is, my heart was really hurt.  Car sister has been 'kissing up' to her for awhile now, knowing the money was coming in.  I just would NOT do that, so perhaps that's why I didn't get the loan.  No, you're wrong about me ... before this winnings, all sisters talked about how we'd share.  None of us are together with out husband's .. meaning, all 3 sisters are divorced and I'm separated.  So there were no spouses to have confer with. 

She always promised each sister the same amount, so nobody would feel bad. .. and because she loved us equally.  I know it happens, and I've dealt with it ... and am glad I took the loan request back, because I realize money isn't worth obligations, hurt feelings, etc. etc.

Syracuse, N.Y.
                      United States
                      Member #70554
                      February 5, 2009
                      21 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Hiya,

Car sister had a car, but it was old and breaking down allot.  Her financial situation is about the same as mine.

Don't know much about gift taxes, but she bought her daughter a car worth 30,000 and my sister's was about 22,000, so not sure how it worked, I never asked.

I was never sitting around waiting for money ... I nicely asked her for a loan, keeping it as business=like as I could.  I always intended to pay every penny back.

I did bow out gracefully.

Syracuse, N.Y.
                        United States
                        Member #70554
                        February 5, 2009
                        21 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2009, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

I'm just beginning to play now ... think I'll go with Lotto, Mega Millions and maybe Take 5

It's just  a bit hard to get out to buy tickets, when I'm not feeling well... or having a bad day.  Wish you could buy them online.  And Take 5 is picked every day ... not that I can afford it every day. 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5121 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2009, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Hiya, I'm new here today ... would really appreciate your opinions on a situation.

I know that you all might have a different opinion, and that's ok, would just be interested to see how others would look at this.

My sister has come into a winning of 1.5 million.

I have 2 other sisters, so there are 4 of us. 

My sister bought a house, gave her 'only' child $100,000 and a new loaded car.  She also bought 'one' sister a new car and gave me and my other sister $1,000. 

She paid bills, gave money to church, helped some friends.

To my present situation:  I have read over and over,  how winners help their closest family members first, and especially since she's not married, has only one child, and her sisters are her closest and only family for the most part.  Our parents are gone, and so are most aunts and uncles.

I decided to ask her for a 'loan', so I could feel independant ... to help me out with my car, that's on it's last legs, it's OLD ... and to pay off a very small loan at my credit union .. just so I could get a bit ahead.  I'm on SSI because of Lupus and other health issues.

Her answer?  "I won't say yes and I won't say no, I want us to spend more time together first, see how that goes and then I'll decide."

First, that really hurts me ... second, I'm insulted, because why is there a 'condition' to helping out a sister who REALLY needs it, after you've just bought the other sister a brand new car???

She KNOWS me all ready ... and how much 'time' does she mean? It's like she's dangling the 'money' in front of me, as she 'spends time with me'.  I'm just really hurt and confused.

Your thoughts?

Nice to meet you all!  Smile

Diana

Congrat'$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!

2-UR sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was she a LP member???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I HOPE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOoooo!!

WEY@@@@@@@@@@@@@@least 222222222222222GGGGoooooooo>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PartyPartyPartyParty

YOY>>>>SISTER>>>WON jackpot!

WOW>>>we R excited'd >>>>>>!

TELL-us-MORE>>>>>>>>>>>>>!

antioch tn
                            United States
                            Member #65338
                            September 24, 2008
                            359 Posts
                            Posted: February 13, 2009, 12:08 am - IP Logged

I've read your answers and you seem to be a sincere person.  Just remember, God blesses us to be a blessing to others.  Your time will come, maybe not with money, but something will happen where "rich" sis will have to ask a favor of you.  Money can't buy love, health or common sense. 

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                              adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3300 Posts
                              Posted: February 13, 2009, 6:42 am - IP Logged

oh conditions, i say tell her to " jam it. " like you need conditions.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297