Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pretend one or both of the sitiuations is happening to you

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 8 years ago by BobP.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19824 Posts
Posted: April 8, 2009, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Copyrights and patents are not worth the paper they are printed on when it comes to that one thief acting alone.  He doesn"t care about law or ethics.  Stopping him will be next to impossible.  Unless you put him in a place where he can no longer benefit from your work, he will continue to rip you off regardless of the law, the courts, or you.

Copyrights and patents are worthwhile when it comes to mega-sized corporations.  They do care.   They have a lot more to lose than just a few dollars.  They will never rip off someone else's patent without due compensation. 

Should I be fortunate to find an algorithym that reduces the odds in any lottory, so much so that the program would be profitable, I would set up a web site, allow members to run the program over the internet, allow them to reap the possible winning combination, but never allow them to see the code.

If my program was worthless, I would sell it for $39.95 plus shipping and handling.

Should I be fortunate to create a program that reduced the odds of winning any lottery and actually won a jackpot, I would be more interested in winning another jackpot than setting up a website to sell it.  If a program could really help win a lottery jackpot, you would have to sell a lot of copies before you could make as much as one jackpot is worth, that's the reason no such program will ever be for sale.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2009, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Copyrights and patents are not worth the paper they are printed on when it comes to that one thief acting alone.  He doesn"t care about law or ethics.  Stopping him will be next to impossible.  Unless you put him in a place where he can no longer benefit from your work, he will continue to rip you off regardless of the law, the courts, or you.

Copyrights and patents are worthwhile when it comes to mega-sized corporations.  They do care.   They have a lot more to lose than just a few dollars.  They will never rip off someone else's patent without due compensation. 

Should I be fortunate to find an algorithym that reduces the odds in any lottory, so much so that the program would be profitable, I would set up a web site, allow members to run the program over the internet, allow them to reap the possible winning combination, but never allow them to see the code.

If my program was worthless, I would sell it for $39.95 plus shipping and handling.

Copyrights and patents are worthwhile when it comes to mega-sizedcorporations.  They do care.   They have a lot more to lose than just afew dollars.  They will never rip off someone else's patent without duecompensation.

Guess you never heard of Robert Kearns.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19824 Posts
      Posted: April 8, 2009, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Copyrights and patents are worthwhile when it comes to mega-sizedcorporations.  They do care.   They have a lot more to lose than just afew dollars.  They will never rip off someone else's patent without duecompensation.

Guess you never heard of Robert Kearns.

He like Edwin Howard Armstrong spent much of his life in legal struggles trying to receive recognition and compensation for his invention.

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3102 Posts
        Posted: April 9, 2009, 1:16 am - IP Logged

He like Edwin Howard Armstrong spent much of his life in legal struggles trying to receive recognition and compensation for his invention.

I remember hearing about that on the Marconi.  BobP

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: April 9, 2009, 4:18 am - IP Logged

Should I be fortunate to create a program that reduced the odds of winning any lottery and actually won a jackpot, I would be more interested in winning another jackpot than setting up a website to sell it.  If a program could really help win a lottery jackpot, you would have to sell a lot of copies before you could make as much as one jackpot is worth, that's the reason no such program will ever be for sale.

You will make more money creating a lottery prediction website than winning Powerball....Powerball starting jackpot is what 15 million....Let's assume you win it a second time that will be 30 millions...but you lasted all the way to that point....you only reach to that point because if you think that you are going to win the lottery 3 or 4 or 5 times  without been investigated or without your system not been robbed or taken from you by the feds or burn down due to an "ACCIDENTAL FIRE" that wasn't really no accidental fire if you know what i mean.....But let's also assume that you win 50 million dollars in Powerball and that your second time you win 30 million, that will be 80 million dollars...

If you happened to have the program that can really win the lottery and you prove it by winning a couple of Pick5 jackpots, and you can prove it anytime, i know that you will have like 25,000 members from all the USA and since your program is good you can give yourself the luxury of charging 200 dollars a month per customer for after all your program is really good....25,000 customers x 200 dollars = 5 million dollars x 12 months = 60 million dollars...But let's assume that you charge your customers 100 dollars and not 200 dollars...if you charge them 100 dollars per month, that will be 30 million in 1 year....in 2 years 60 millions in 3 years 90 million....Even though it took you 3 years you made 10 million dollars more than if you had won the jackpot....But what about the 4th year and 5th years and 14th year...provided that you can show result On the 4th year it will be 120 million dollars on the 5th year, 150 million dollars on the 7th year 210 million dollars....

Let me guess you think you are going to win the 200 million dollars jackpot that happens twice a year and that you alone is going to be the sole recipient if is not won before it reaches that high...You know the odds of that happening....

and i know you are saying that what are the odds of you getting 25,000 people...You just have to show the copy of the winning tickets of 5 Pick5 jackpot or more on your site and you will get 25,000 customers and yes you can charge them 100 a month....But provided that your system works....

But most people DREAM when they think that someone who can crack the lottery is going to start a prediction website charging 20 dollars a month or 5 dollars a month...That's child's dream...I certainly will not charge no 20 dollars if i had the copies of 5 winning tickets....Expect me to charge 200 dollars a month....

i remember one time i read a prediction website that was using i think it was markov chain, they never had no winning ticket to prove their system work and they were charging 40 dollars per month...I've seen people claim the have cracked the code and selling their books for 60 dollars with no copy of won ticket...Now imagine if you had the copies of 5 winning pick5 tickets...

again you could make 120 million dollars in 4 years without playing powerball or having a prediction website for powerball....

And to create a prediction website you necesarily don't have to make your system work....Many people and i have seen personally that with 10,000 tickets you can win Pick5...The folly is that most people think that you are going to win Pick5 with 5 or 10 tickets...So if with 10,000 tickets you can win Pick5, all you had to do is get yourself 500 members let each of of them play 20 dollars worth of tickets and out of those 500 members there will be 1 winner for 500 x 20 = 10,000.....and you ask the person to make a copy of the winning ticket for you....You then get yourself 1,500 members and you will have 3 Pick5 jackpots won....You tell each of the winners to mail you a copy of the winning ticket, and you get yourself credibility....And if your 1,500 members are constant 3 out of the 1,500 people will win a jackpot everyday provided that all of them play 20 dollars worth of tickets....so 3 copies of winning tickets x 7 days = 21 copies of Pick5 winning tickets, that's just in 7 days, in 1 month it will equaled 21 x 4 = 84 copies of Pick5 5/5 winning tickets, all display all over your website, in 1 year it will be 1,008 copies of Pick5 5/5 winning tickets..Again just 1 year...You display that on your website...And only with 1,500 subscribers/members....Tell me if you will not get 25,000 members across the USA...So if you wanted to make 120 million dollars in 4 years with a Pick5 prediction website all you had to do is figure out a way to win Pick5 with 10,000 combinations and not with 30 combinations.....You certainly will make more money than actually winning pick5 1 time or 3 times....This is only pick5...

People have cracked Pick5 in the past, just that it doesn't come out to 20 tickets like the entire world expect but instead around 10,000 tickets...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19824 Posts
            Posted: April 9, 2009, 10:37 am - IP Logged

pumpi76,

Setting up, running and supporting a website is a lot of work and winning a lottery is suppose to make life easier.  If I won a lottery and thought I could do it again, I would have no interest in getting other lottery players money by having a website that sells a lottery system or service.  Buying a few lottery tickets  would be easier.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19824 Posts
              Posted: April 9, 2009, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Can you imagine the chaos it could cause if someone had an affordable system that could win a lottery jackpot even a couple of times a year and shared it with a thousand other players.  A thousand players playing MegaMillions or the PowerBall and matching 5+0 or 5+1 even once could change those games rules for the worst for everyone. 

I think if a player ever comes up with such a system, he owes it to his fellow lottery players to keep it to himself and not spoil it for others who are trying to accomplish the same thing.  Maybe he could share it with a couple of special friends or family members but no more.

Evil Looking       

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: April 9, 2009, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

You will make more money creating a lottery prediction website than winning Powerball....Powerball starting jackpot is what 15 million....Let's assume you win it a second time that will be 30 millions...but you lasted all the way to that point....you only reach to that point because if you think that you are going to win the lottery 3 or 4 or 5 times  without been investigated or without your system not been robbed or taken from you by the feds or burn down due to an "ACCIDENTAL FIRE" that wasn't really no accidental fire if you know what i mean.....But let's also assume that you win 50 million dollars in Powerball and that your second time you win 30 million, that will be 80 million dollars...

If you happened to have the program that can really win the lottery and you prove it by winning a couple of Pick5 jackpots, and you can prove it anytime, i know that you will have like 25,000 members from all the USA and since your program is good you can give yourself the luxury of charging 200 dollars a month per customer for after all your program is really good....25,000 customers x 200 dollars = 5 million dollars x 12 months = 60 million dollars...But let's assume that you charge your customers 100 dollars and not 200 dollars...if you charge them 100 dollars per month, that will be 30 million in 1 year....in 2 years 60 millions in 3 years 90 million....Even though it took you 3 years you made 10 million dollars more than if you had won the jackpot....But what about the 4th year and 5th years and 14th year...provided that you can show result On the 4th year it will be 120 million dollars on the 5th year, 150 million dollars on the 7th year 210 million dollars....

Let me guess you think you are going to win the 200 million dollars jackpot that happens twice a year and that you alone is going to be the sole recipient if is not won before it reaches that high...You know the odds of that happening....

and i know you are saying that what are the odds of you getting 25,000 people...You just have to show the copy of the winning tickets of 5 Pick5 jackpot or more on your site and you will get 25,000 customers and yes you can charge them 100 a month....But provided that your system works....

But most people DREAM when they think that someone who can crack the lottery is going to start a prediction website charging 20 dollars a month or 5 dollars a month...That's child's dream...I certainly will not charge no 20 dollars if i had the copies of 5 winning tickets....Expect me to charge 200 dollars a month....

i remember one time i read a prediction website that was using i think it was markov chain, they never had no winning ticket to prove their system work and they were charging 40 dollars per month...I've seen people claim the have cracked the code and selling their books for 60 dollars with no copy of won ticket...Now imagine if you had the copies of 5 winning pick5 tickets...

again you could make 120 million dollars in 4 years without playing powerball or having a prediction website for powerball....

And to create a prediction website you necesarily don't have to make your system work....Many people and i have seen personally that with 10,000 tickets you can win Pick5...The folly is that most people think that you are going to win Pick5 with 5 or 10 tickets...So if with 10,000 tickets you can win Pick5, all you had to do is get yourself 500 members let each of of them play 20 dollars worth of tickets and out of those 500 members there will be 1 winner for 500 x 20 = 10,000.....and you ask the person to make a copy of the winning ticket for you....You then get yourself 1,500 members and you will have 3 Pick5 jackpots won....You tell each of the winners to mail you a copy of the winning ticket, and you get yourself credibility....And if your 1,500 members are constant 3 out of the 1,500 people will win a jackpot everyday provided that all of them play 20 dollars worth of tickets....so 3 copies of winning tickets x 7 days = 21 copies of Pick5 winning tickets, that's just in 7 days, in 1 month it will equaled 21 x 4 = 84 copies of Pick5 5/5 winning tickets, all display all over your website, in 1 year it will be 1,008 copies of Pick5 5/5 winning tickets..Again just 1 year...You display that on your website...And only with 1,500 subscribers/members....Tell me if you will not get 25,000 members across the USA...So if you wanted to make 120 million dollars in 4 years with a Pick5 prediction website all you had to do is figure out a way to win Pick5 with 10,000 combinations and not with 30 combinations.....You certainly will make more money than actually winning pick5 1 time or 3 times....This is only pick5...

People have cracked Pick5 in the past, just that it doesn't come out to 20 tickets like the entire world expect but instead around 10,000 tickets...

And that's with 1,500 people...Once he reaches 25,000 all members will have to spend is 20 dollars and there will be: 50 copies of Pick5 5/5 winning tickets in 1 day...In 30 days there will be: 1,500 copies of Pick5 5/5 winning tickets in 30 days....In 1 year there will be: 18,000 copies of Pick5 5/5 winning tickets in 1 year on your website..Provided that each member plays 20 dollars a day....LOL....And this is only Pick5 is not Powerball....Now tell me if with 18,000 copies of a PIck5 5/5 winning tickets if people will not end up believing that you have a system....

For Powerball it will have to be like 20,000....If you can find a way to make Powerball be won with 20,000 combinations/tickets, you would have made it...And now that Powerball and MegaMillions are planing to be played in all states making it reach the 100 million dollar marks in 3 drawings....

Now only will you have like 5,000 copies of Powerball 5/5 or 5/5 + bonus ball winning tickets but you will make millions....The thing is getting the people/customers...

And you know something, with 1,500 people each playing 20 dollars everyday of the Pick5 if you think about it is reducing the odds...Each member will have a i think is a 1 in 500 chances of winning the 5/5 Pick5 as oppose to 1 in 375,000 odds or whatever odds they are....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: April 9, 2009, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Can you imagine the chaos it could cause if someone had an affordable system that could win a lottery jackpot even a couple of times a year and shared it with a thousand other players.  A thousand players playing MegaMillions or the PowerBall and matching 5+0 or 5+1 even once could change those games rules for the worst for everyone. 

I think if a player ever comes up with such a system, he owes it to his fellow lottery players to keep it to himself and not spoil it for others who are trying to accomplish the same thing.  Maybe he could share it with a couple of special friends or family members but no more.

"he owes it to his fellow lottery players to keep it to himself and not spoil it for others who are trying to accomplish the same thing"

And while he waits what are the odds that his fellow players will win the jackpot, while if they join him, they will have a 1 in 500 chances of winning the 5/5 Pick5......Or a 1 in 500 chances maybe 1 in 1,000 chances of winning Powerball...

while he keeps his system to himself and watch his fellow powerball players struggle or play and play and never win, this make this his fellow powerball players an eternity to win [something like 10 million light years], and while he watches the Powerball jackpots are rolling over and over and some stupid retard wins it, or somebody from New Jersey as usual, somebody who later wants to collect dolls or belts or whatever instead of using it for something important for they continue to think that the damn sun and the galactic constellations revolve around the earth...No offense but the entire state of Ohio thinks like that....

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: April 9, 2009, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Hi all. Got some questions I wanted to ask. Pretend one or both of the sitiuations is happening to you.

Some examples of sitiuations.

1) You released a lottery system, free for everyone to use and someone is making a profit from it. How do you deal with it?

2) You released a lottery system, for a small fee, and someone is giving them away for free on another website, how do you deal with it?

To go back to diamondpalace's original question. I don't release anything I would have a problem with other people using.

As long as they at least ask first, say thanks, or give me attaboy in the "credits", I don't get out-of-sorts seeing my work re-used. Big Grin

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19824 Posts
                      Posted: April 9, 2009, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

To go back to diamondpalace's original question. I don't release anything I would have a problem with other people using.

As long as they at least ask first, say thanks, or give me attaboy in the "credits", I don't get out-of-sorts seeing my work re-used. Big Grin

I Agree! That's the way is should be, keep the good stuff to yourself and post the rest or if you think it may be good and you don't want to spend time testing it then post it and let someone else try it.  That way you may get a couple of attaboy and make some friends too.

Evil Looking       

Icezkube's avatar - icezkube Avatar.jpg
                        Bay Area 510 , California
                        United States
                        Member #64283
                        August 23, 2008
                        194 Posts
                        Posted: April 10, 2009, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Hi all. Got some questions I wanted to ask. Pretend one or both of the sitiuations is happening to you.

Some examples of sitiuations.

1) You released a lottery system, free for everyone to use and someone is making a profit from it. How do you deal with it?

2) You released a lottery system, for a small fee, and someone is giving them away for free on another website, how do you deal with it?

1) Well id let them use it, if it was relsesed to the public for free.....maybe they can share some of there winnings with you. :P

2) Hmmm maybe tell them to kick you down some royaltys....but its hard to tell them what to do with it since they bought it from you unless you copyright rights on it. On the other hand most of all programs get copyied , downloaded and transfured to people one way or another so its hard to say.

Anything is yours, if you only want it hard enough. Just think of it. ANYTHING. Try IT. You will succeed.Wink

United States
                          Member #10720
                          January 23, 2005
                          933 Posts
                          Posted: April 10, 2009, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Situation 1: I would rather they make a profit by WINNING with it. The trick would be to release it with copyright that you cannot charge a fee for it. Then you could sue them. However if someone were WINNING then a simple Thank You would be nice, and then I'd be using it to win myself!

Situation 2: You could have them charged with Software Piracy. However it is a fact of life that every software out there will be pirated and once it's out there long enough it's going to be free somewhere.

Prove that your system is winning. Charge enough $ so that in the first wave you make enough to be happy with that. Use it yourself to win. Otherwise just don't release it, keep it to yourself, and win with it. If it's not winning then you deserve if you don't make $ selling it. Another strategy is keep updating it. My prg. is revised every few weeks! Always assume that 1 or 2 is a virtual certainty.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
                            LAS VEGAS
                            United States
                            Member #47729
                            November 22, 2006
                            4494 Posts
                            Posted: April 10, 2009, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

"Can you imagine the chaos it could cause...." ~RJOh

Chaos - understatement, these gaming organizations will not just stand by & do nothing; if we would seriously examine the history of gaming, we will find:

1.  that the usual reaction practice includes countermeasures to discourage the repeating winner (offending player) even if there is no cheating.

2.  and if the said methodology was proven to overide the intended losing proposition then the games rules would be changed to restore the game's advantage

Most gaming institutions ,would obviously , have their bank broken by repeating winners on mass.

BEST BET BRIEF:

WIN BIGGEST JACKPOT POSSIBLE, TAKE THE MONEY ANNONOMOUSLY & RUN  (apply govt witness protection procedures)Wink

Bye the Bye, one must applaud pumpi's good intentions for all !

Good Fortune Wishes,

EddessaKnight Big Smile

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                              Dallas, TX
                              United States
                              Member #60284
                              April 12, 2008
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: April 10, 2009, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

I like pumpi's idea on prediction site, posting numbers from the system. Then again, how would people know if the predictions are legit? Some can create one and charge people for numbers pulled out from a hat.