Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Higher or Lower

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 7 years ago by mej023.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
mej023's avatar - avatar 5857.gif
Greencastle, Indiana
United States
Member #74738
May 19, 2009
102 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2009, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I just did an analysis of draws for Pick 3 (a years worth of daily) and for each position (column) have determined that:

If the number is 0, 1, 2, or 3 then the next draw in that column will be a higher number 70 to 80 percent of the time.

If the number is 4 or 5 then the next draw in that column is 50/50. Half the time it will be lower and half the time it will be higher.

If the number is 6, 7, 8, or 9 then the next draw in that column will be a lower number 70 to 80 percent of the time.

I would imagine you could use this knowledge in your workout to help narrow down your prediction.

This may be common knowledge but I just figured it out and thought it was interesting.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2009, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Yes, but it takes only 1 failure on 1 of the 3 columns to ruin the workout,  and a  6x6x6 and or a 8x8x8 wheel or a mix is and or are too big.

But it is very good info to know about.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Stalyn's avatar - 260g8d0
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #26302
      November 16, 2005
      594 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2009, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the info.

NY
        United States
        Member #23835
        October 16, 2005
        3475 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2009, 2:09 am - IP Logged

"If the number is 4 or 5 then the next draw in that column is50/50. Half the time it will be lower and half the time it will behigher."

Are you suggesting that if a drawing results in a 4 or a 5 that the next drawing will never result in a 4 or a 5 in that same column?

If the number is 0, 1, 2, or 3 then the next draw in that column will be a higher number 70 to 80 percent of the time.

If a 0 is drawn there are 9 higher digits that could be drawn in the next drawing. If all digits have an equal chance of being drawn there's a 90% probability of producing a higher digit in the next drawing. If a 1 is drawn there are 8 higher digits that could be drawn in the next drawing. For a 2 or a 3 there are 7 and 6 higher digits, respectively. That translates to 80, 70, and 60% probabilities. The average is 75%, which is rather close to the middle of "70 to 80 percent."

It looks to me like your analysis has produced excellent evidence that the results are what we'd expect if the selection of the digits is random and each has the same probability of being selected.

Greencastle, Indiana
          United States
          Member #74738
          May 19, 2009
          102 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2009, 8:52 am - IP Logged

You are correct.

Using this information (and refining it for my particular state) has helped me with picking straights when used in conjuction with an article that I read that Bob Perkis wrote called, "The Only Way to Win Pick-3".

I am doing the Positional Tracking along with Positional Wheeling so that I can predict straights.

It does cost a lot as your initial investment is typically several hundred dollars. For example, yesterday I ended up with 443 numbers and the winning straight was in those numbers so my profit was only $57. I am only playing on paper at the moment.

Still, if I can use this knowledge to identify the days that I should not play then I can get straight wins several times a week. At least that's the goal and even $57 translates into around $7,000 per year. Hopefully, I will get better at this and can double or triple that amount.

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: July 30, 2009, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

You are correct.

Using this information (and refining it for my particular state) has helped me with picking straights when used in conjuction with an article that I read that Bob Perkis wrote called, "The Only Way to Win Pick-3".

I am doing the Positional Tracking along with Positional Wheeling so that I can predict straights.

It does cost a lot as your initial investment is typically several hundred dollars. For example, yesterday I ended up with 443 numbers and the winning straight was in those numbers so my profit was only $57. I am only playing on paper at the moment.

Still, if I can use this knowledge to identify the days that I should not play then I can get straight wins several times a week. At least that's the goal and even $57 translates into around $7,000 per year. Hopefully, I will get better at this and can double or triple that amount.

Long ago I made a series of posts on my blog about the Indiana pick 3 lottery draws, too bad that you didn't get to see them, or Did You?

Here are the links, it might maybe give you some ideas:

Had you seen those posts maybe you could had made some money, I made the posts just for the fun of it, such as it is seen there should not happen very often.

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/24916

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/24940

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/24955

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/24972

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/24979

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/24995

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/24996

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/25016

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/25042

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/25068

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/25091

As I made those post so long ago it might be best not to ask me questions about them, just read them, my mind is not on what I was doing back then and I don't know how much help I might be, there might be enough on the posts to explain what I was doing, but if you want to ask anyway go ahead.

Greencastle, Indiana
              United States
              Member #74738
              May 19, 2009
              102 Posts
              Posted: July 30, 2009, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Very cool. Thanks.

I will check those out as soon as I can. Right now, I need to head to bed. I am moving tomorrow morning and won't have Internet access again until Monday evening.

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2009, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Very cool. Thanks.

I will check those out as soon as I can. Right now, I need to head to bed. I am moving tomorrow morning and won't have Internet access again until Monday evening.

O.K.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34198 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2009, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Have you been able to win from your analysis, i know that Zeros follow zero's. I am beginging to see this.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Greencastle, Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #74738
                    May 19, 2009
                    102 Posts
                    Posted: August 3, 2009, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Only on paper so far. I need to do more analysis and now that I have moved and have Internet access again, I can continue to refine this.

Stalyn's avatar - 260g8d0
                      Brooklyn, NY
                      United States
                      Member #26302
                      November 16, 2005
                      594 Posts
                      Posted: August 3, 2009, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

any more updates? the article "the only way to win pick 3" is great, plus this info should be helpful. also do you track the digits eve and day separate?

Greencastle, Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #74738
                        May 19, 2009
                        102 Posts
                        Posted: August 3, 2009, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I do track them separate.

It is interesting - each game (daily and midday) column has its own "personality". For instance, in the evening game, column C will have a high number 63% of the time.

I am going to read a few more posts here and then I am going back to writing this software. I want to see if I can figure out when "trends" change.

I also want to load those draws into an array so I can look at the last nine draws and then do a calculation to see if I pick higher, lower or the same what the resultant percentage looks like so I can do a comparison and be able to choose correctly.

For example, if column A shows long term that the next digit will be the same 10% of the time and the previous 9 instances were all higher then it would be an indication that the next number will probably be the same.

I hope I explained that right!

Greencastle, Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #74738
                          May 19, 2009
                          102 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2009, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Here is a quick update on this particular method.

The up/down percentages for each column are game specific. I look at the percentages for each column for each number over a year period of draws to see what the general trend is. I then do the same for the last 60 draws to get a local percentage for each column.

The percentages near the middle (fours and fives) are not as cut and dried but there is an advantage to having mid type numbers show up.

For instance, if the last draw was 119 then that pretty much is an indication of one of the days not to play. For positional wheeling, you end up with 2-9 for column A, 2-9 for column B and 0-8 for column C. That is a lot of numbers (generally, over 500) - even with minimal filtering. Whereas, if a draw is something like 473 then you only have to wheel 5-9 for A, 0-6 for B and 4-9 for C.

I filter for the last two LDR's too as well as the last draw sum. I also filter out the bottom 5 sums and top 5 sums. If I do this and end up with 200 to 300 numbers to play straight then it is a good time to play. Typically if there are more than 300 numbers then I make the decision to not play.

For example, last night I ended up with 204 straights and hit for a profit of $296. Don't get too excited - I am still playing on paper.

Also, I have discovered that when a column is at a 1 or 8 then it is safer to wheel all of the numbers in that position just to cover those percentages where the next number comes out the same or lower/higher.

The other thing I have been doing is combining the higher / lower thing with looking at the draws in box order. It is way easier to see patterns of 0, 1 or 2 hits in the low column and 7, 8, or 9 in the high column.

Translating that pattern back into a straight order is the key to helping you decide on the higher / lower too.

The one other thing I did was to export the last 99 gaps (Thanks Ricky) out of LotSoftPro and used some software that I wrote along with Excel to sort those and find the median, average and mode for each number in each column. This helps with deciding if the next number is going to be higher, lower or the same.