Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Money Matters 101

Topic closed. 131 replies. Last post 7 years ago by dr65.

Page 3 of 9
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #75060
May 26, 2009
300 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2009, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Match:

Anytime you want to give away some super secret methods--to break down the numbers differently to win.

What are you seeking to obtain from others ?

Hawk

Well, there really aren't any major secret methods to matching numbers so long as you're playing enough to execute your system. I'm being honest here. If you're playing with a handful of numbers, it's very possible to get something out of it but it'll be very little and you won't know what the outcome will be nor the frequency of it. Playing like this is fun but, it doesn't reflect any progression system wise or money wise.

I'm not looking for anything from anyone to be perfectly frank with you as I've learned my lesson from attempting to seek help from others. All this thread entails is the many ways to look at how one's money is spent and what, or if, it's actually producing anything for the player. To fully understand and validate what's being discussed here requires a business mindset. Those really big, high profit wins come few and far between and if anyone tells you different, then ask to their proof of the wins.

However, lots and lots of small low profit wins aren't too good to be true when you examine the fixed set of numbers (0-9) and develop your strategy with a robust number count. A little of something is better than all of nothing...just my .02 cents again.

United States
    Member #75060
    May 26, 2009
    300 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2009, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

As I understand the system, he only increases the bet after a win using house money.  If he loses he loses $150. and starts again.   You could even pocket your original investment and start again with only the house money.

An ideal money management system will allow you some losses, but you don't win as fast.  People work these systems out all the time for roulette, trying to squeeze in one more doubling before hitting the house limit.  All you have to do is keep on winning.

BobP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we look at this from an efficiency standpoint it's every bit of it and more. My approach is targeted at one thing and one thing only...getting the same win I did my last play. A dependable play method has many, many benefits which allow the player more freedom in terms of "lifestyle". The lady whom I got started on this deal was a special case for me in that she had actually been out of work for little while and still looking for a job to at least get close to what she was making weekly.

Now, I had to be very careful in my approach with something like playing Pick 3 to generate a positive income in order to prevent the "hustle you" label. I took an entire week, (7) days of creating playlists along with the accompanying drawings with which to play them on to demonstrate the consistency and dependability of such a thing. In all honesty, she just couldn't believe well it worked and that after (4) days she would've been generating a clear $200 per draw.

To cut this short, she has no immediate plans to find a job and has paid her car note and insurance in a week's time. She has also saved half of her mortgage already. To me, this is what it's all about people...LONGEVITY and FREEDOM. I was just so glad I could help the lady because she has a son to look after among other obligations as we all do. With the way things are this day and time, it pays to have something you can depend on...just in case. Don't pay me any mind...it's only my .02 cents as usual.

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
      Member #19982
      August 9, 2005
      226 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2009, 11:41 am - IP Logged

match:

There are a few people who give help like bobp and others.

little of something is better than all of nothing ---playing huge quantity of numbers when the state has the right to block sale of numbers after a certain quantity is sold is playing foolish.

If you can get 3 to 8 right a week and make a profit even with small quantity --theres way less risk.

Hawk

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

United States
        Member #75060
        May 26, 2009
        300 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2009, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

match:

There are a few people who give help like bobp and others.

little of something is better than all of nothing ---playing huge quantity of numbers when the state has the right to block sale of numbers after a certain quantity is sold is playing foolish.

If you can get 3 to 8 right a week and make a profit even with small quantity --theres way less risk.

Hawk

What's up, 'Hawk? I agree with you 100% about giving help to people which is why I started this thread. Everyone contributes in their own way hoping to give others a different and possibly better insight with accomplishing their goal(s) here. My way is to demonstrate the efficiency or inefficiency of how they spend (play) their money on numbers. There is absolutely no book sense involved here, only common sense and the mathematical approach is self explanatory. If what players are currently using works for them and is producing profit then there's nothing for them to worry about. Correct?

If it's not, then I just may have some validation here. Winning a lot on a small one time play is very good but, one often spends the rest of the time giving it all back by trying to "duplicate" the same win. Profit was definitely made and if you give it all back then you actually haven't lost anything...neither have you won anything in the sense of "keeps". So, what's the use? If it's only for fun then it's all good. Trying to get ahead? Not gonna happen.

Now, I've never heard of the state having rights to block tickets sales due to high purchase rates but, I don't know everything. It would seem to me that the vendors would be tickled to death over players spending large sums of money on playing these games. Why? Because most people don't know how to play it to their advantage and all that money stays in the cash drawer or safe after the winning number(s) have been posted. They're not losing anything whatsoever, 'Hawk. Believe me.

Take this example: The vendor has made $1,000 in ticket sales so far and hasn't given anything back. I come along and spend $400 to get the $500 str8 prize. Now, he's at $1,400 plus with all the other sales from players so let's say $1,600 total at this point. I hit str8 and simply get my $400 + only $100 of his ticket sales which puts him at $1,100 now. All that's happened here is I got my money back, smartly, and made $100 in the process whlie he still has $100 more than before I came in. He simply gave my money back.

I have never spent all that in one store, though, because it's not good to hold up other business sales. When I was playing like that , I'd break it down to $100 per store at off peak hours. Thing is, they really would think they were giving me $400 in profit but, I was just getting back what others had already played and lost and, ultimately, all of my personal money.

Finally, in your last statement, you say "if" one get (3) to (8) right (hits) per week then there's less risk. What type of hits? Are you sure you'll get those hits and will the hits consistently offset what you're spending and recover it effectively? This is a HUGE "if", 'Hawk. The idea is to get ahead and stay ahead at whatever cost as far as I'm concerned because the system has absolutely no mercy on players. Positive cash flow is the name of my game and I honestly earn every bit of what I make doing this.

I really wish I knew of a system where people could spend very little and win big consistently...but I just don't. LUCK is in control of that system all the time everytime. These are only my opinions, as usual. It was good to hear from ya' again, too!

MHS

United States
          Member #34266
          March 1, 2006
          188 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2009, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

My sister spent her tax rebate of 5,000  on mega million tickets on one 25 million dollar drawing.......you know how much she won....nothing, nada, zippo.....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2009, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

My sister spent her tax rebate of 5,000  on mega million tickets on one 25 million dollar drawing.......you know how much she won....nothing, nada, zippo.....

Are you saying she bought 5,000 MM tickets and didn't even match the bonus number?  The overall odds of matching something that pays are 1:39.8 so one could at least expect to have 125 winning tickets of smaller prizes even just buying QPs. 

My point is that doing that is almost as hard as winning the jackpot.  I doubt if anyone else could come up with 5,000 MM combinations and not have even a $2 winner or more among them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #75060
              May 26, 2009
              300 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2009, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Hi Bambini. First of all, you must understand that this is comparing apples to oranges BIG TIME. While that's a lot of tickets, it's still only a drop in the bucket when considering the the amount of numbers, and, the immense number of combinations involved with that game. I'm sorry to hear that this happened but, it still happens everyday to people thinking that way with that particular game.

As I've said before, Pick 3 can be contained and controlled due to the numerical scale and the total number of combinations involved here. Still, however, it requires careful attention to detail when filtering out what you don't want to play. With that kind of money, Pick 4 would've been a much better alternative and actually produced "something" even if no real system was involved there. I spend only $20 bucks on these games just purely for fun and hopes of maybe hitting.

MHS

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3104 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2009, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

States with fixed Pick-3/4 payouts (non pari-mutuel) will suspend play on numbers that are over subscribed where the overall win would exceed revenue or whatever their desired win/loss ratio is.   BobP

United States
                  Member #75060
                  May 26, 2009
                  300 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2009, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

States with fixed Pick-3/4 payouts (non pari-mutuel) will suspend play on numbers that are over subscribed where the overall win would exceed revenue or whatever their desired win/loss ratio is.   BobP

Okay, I see what you and 'Hawk are gettin' at. It makes sense business wise for any state lottery sanction to implement such a rule at these findings. Now, I can further demonstrate the benefit of playing more numbers for less but, more consistent profit. Win/loss ratio is based on all the categories, as far as I know, the payout for boxed/paired wins is much higher than that of str8 wins in terms of payout. Agree?

They pay out many small prizes in relation to the big prizes...but they take in much more from the big prize wagers and losses thereof and can more than afford the many small ones. Furthermore, they lose NOTHING if they need to pay out a few larger prizes from time to time. I'm speaking in terms of Pick 3 boxed vs. str8 vs. pairs. If any of them were even remotely close to losing anything, this game would've been revised years and years ago. Believe me.

Now, for the "meat" of the topic. If these major organizations have sense enough to enforce stipulations, if needed, based on losing more than they actually take in then shouldn't we as players be even the wiser? Hey, they make consistent profit everytime the winning numbers are posted up!! Lots of it, I might add. A few smart winnners of that $1 payout in comparison to the many, many losers is not going to kill off the lottery.

I mean, I understand both of you but, try and understand this from a realistic perspective. They've taken in all this money over all this time and are still doing so as we speak. There is a reserve, they'll never come close to a loss, and the system is the reason why. They have a SYSTEM in place to generate money regardless of circumstances and payouts. There are and will continue to be "winners" but, the system will always be ahead which is good because I'd hate for anyone to win and there's no money available.

Our win/loss ratio will never be better than their's because it's their game and they'll always have more losers than we have winners. This is just the cut and dry truth and I don't mind being on the proverbial "losing" side so long as I can mine like I do. Only speaking for myself here...

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2009, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

OUCH!!!! Just curious were these all QP's or a mix of QP's and personal picks?  LOL now I'm dreaming 'bout  playing 5,000 tickets on one game and hehe NOT ONE of those tickets would be a QP!

United States
                      Member #75060
                      May 26, 2009
                      300 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2009, 12:27 am - IP Logged

In my own personal back tests, which is based on a minimum of (10) drawings per state, I find it only necessary to match only one number for consistent wins. This is providing that ample combinations have also been played. I'm sure this sounds unreasonable and even foolish but, it's the absolute truth. It's amazing what you find when really observing these numbers...

United States
                        Member #75060
                        May 26, 2009
                        300 Posts
                        Posted: August 20, 2009, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Hawk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Hawk, I may have jumped the gun a bit when I first replied to your post which includes the comment above. It is very possible to hit each time you play as long as the drawing fits your play style (system). For the serious player, this is the ONLY SAFEST WAY to get and maintain that consistent hit ratio in the 85-90+ percentile. You may disagree with this but, guaranteed wins do exist. The thing is, one must be patient enough to wait for these drawings to "form up" and you must be on top of them or you won't catch 'em. Everything has its' season and Pick 3 draws are no different.

This is the way I play and if I only find (4) ideal drawings to play, for example, that's all I'll play 'cause I know I'll get the (4) hits anyway. Best thing is, I don't lose anything by not being able to play "every single draw", so to speak, because when that ideal draw forms up I simply double my wager and make up for it. There are many, many ways to make your money in this game but, SAFETY is the absolute FIRST PROTOCOL. Greed, carelessness, and desperation will cause one to lose very quickly as I've learned. So, yes, I do agree on those (8) hits as long as you follow protol. Later.

United States
                          Member #75060
                          May 26, 2009
                          300 Posts
                          Posted: August 22, 2009, 1:42 am - IP Logged

Well, I hope that this thread has been of assistance to at least someone and maybe others will change their thought patterns when it comes to Pick3. The biggest obstacle that has been brought to my attention is the amount of numbers to play in relation to local payouts. Of course, my playing style won't accommodate local terms so the other option is to do it elsewhere. All I can say in regards to this is to do your own investigation and draw your own conclusion as to where it's a legit propostion.

I've been hangin' out at my playground for quite some time with absolutely no issues with payouts, service, or anything. Hey, everyone has their opinion about everything but, self research is the best thing going and it's not my place to try and convince you either way. However, regarding your earned money, it's in one's best interest to make the absolute best investment possible to get consistent returns on it. It's one thing to play Pick3 and another thing to "work" it. I choose to work it to death because it has worked me to death just to get to where I am.

There are lots of players here that can do so much better if they only had more "room" to work with and I really hope they find it. I'd like nothing more than to see more people doing what I do and being happy with success. Best wishes to all of you. 

'Match

det,mi.
                            United States
                            Member #77845
                            August 2, 2009
                            6 Posts
                            Posted: August 22, 2009, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

First of all, i don't understand how to gain 225.00 win on .25 cent/number play? maybe i'll misunderstood what you r saying but i understand and love your method! I bet the horses and knew i could win, but couldn't from the profits. well i doing the same u spoke of (I would lose the win trying 2 win).Isay that 2 say this, i would bet 2.00 and the tri pay 400.00 so my system lead me 2 bet 20.00 and the pays  4000.00 now i have time,room and CASH 2 catch the next tri. Just thought i share?

United States
                              Member #75060
                              May 26, 2009
                              300 Posts
                              Posted: August 24, 2009, 12:22 am - IP Logged

First of all, i don't understand how to gain 225.00 win on .25 cent/number play? maybe i'll misunderstood what you r saying but i understand and love your method! I bet the horses and knew i could win, but couldn't from the profits. well i doing the same u spoke of (I would lose the win trying 2 win).Isay that 2 say this, i would bet 2.00 and the tri pay 400.00 so my system lead me 2 bet 20.00 and the pays  4000.00 now i have time,room and CASH 2 catch the next tri. Just thought i share?

Hi Jeff. With this play style, you're not actually "gaining" the $225.00, you're simply winning the total payout for the .25 cent play. The buy in is $150.00 at an absolute minimum for safety and works really well with a "developed" system which generates $75.00 in profit. Revert back maybe a page or two where I elaborated on this more.

This whole proposition is designed around the odds of winning which makes it an "upside down" investment because it costs more than you'll ever "make" in profit. But, your money is  recovered fast which promotes the $75.00 to a positive cash flow consistently. Now, if you get off track with it, it can bite back hard although it would take a serious side track to do so.

This system is what I was using, and still do sometimes, but I've since "upgraded" to a no compromise Pick3 For Dummies method. LOL!!! I did so for one reason, okay. The reason is I can play this system every day on both  draws and hit with absolutely no worry. Period. You'll laugh really loud and hard after you read this part. It only generates $250.00 per day in clear profit and I hit (8) out of (8) draws played for this week. It's deadly consistent and it works. This results in a 100% hit ratio for this week due to no misses and all for about (15) minutes of prep work per draw which finishes at (2) hours of total work.

See, there's more factored into what I do than just matching the number and making consistent profit. Time is money and it only took me two hours total to make what I did for an entire week and there's still more room for profit growth...easily. I could'nt do this at my job, man, and still can't. Yeah, I still have my job and I love knowing that I make more in my spare time than most of the "shot callers" do full time. My days at work are stress free even after the drastic cut in hours here last week. This will last until December and is really hurting people's pockets and lifestyles.

Jeff, I like security and being able to call my own <snip> shots! Know what I mean? If playing all these numbers with a dedicated system allows me to accomplish this then so be it. My Pick4 will mirror this Pick3 because they're one in the same. To get (8) hits on Pick4 while doubling my current daily profit in just a single hit....I'm very serious about what I do and relentless when it comes to consistency and profit. You just have to want it, that's all. Thanks for the props regarding my method!!! Later.

'Match

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.