Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When you buy a lottery ticket do you prayer that you win the Jackpot?

Topic closed. 93 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LotteryTechInc.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
columbus, GA
United States
Member #67676
December 2, 2008
2870 Posts
Posted: November 16, 2009, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

I Myself consider myself very spiritual, i try to do good for others and it has always come back multiplied, you are what you think you are you attract that which you think of the most.........I pray for the highest good of all concerned. open your mind and believe you can acheive and you will works for me alot of time...and God does answer prayers.......I personally can testify of the impossible or the improbable but it can and it does, miracles happen ea day....The world was made that way by man. are we the cause of our own destruction? yes there are still alot of unaswered questions abouty the suffering, illness, but maybe one day we will all know...just food for thought

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2009, 1:53 am - IP Logged

No, I think the man upstairs has got more important things to worry about than to bother him with my prayer to win so I can buy a chain of liquor stores conveniently located all across the country. I'm not sure he'd go for that anyway.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

pepper1's avatar - batman38
      hotatlanta
      United States
      Member #70664
      February 8, 2009
      1446 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2009, 8:46 am - IP Logged

What if your prayers are answered along with the prayers of a 100 other players who had the same wish?

Years ago I read about a 100 plus Californians winning the same lottery jackpot and not one was thankful for their win.

That just doesn't sound possible. Show me that story.

hotatlanta
        United States
        Member #70664
        February 8, 2009
        1446 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2009, 8:48 am - IP Logged

I Myself consider myself very spiritual, i try to do good for others and it has always come back multiplied, you are what you think you are you attract that which you think of the most.........I pray for the highest good of all concerned. open your mind and believe you can acheive and you will works for me alot of time...and God does answer prayers.......I personally can testify of the impossible or the improbable but it can and it does, miracles happen ea day....The world was made that way by man. are we the cause of our own destruction? yes there are still alot of unaswered questions abouty the suffering, illness, but maybe one day we will all know...just food for thought

I believe the same thing.

hotatlanta
          United States
          Member #70664
          February 8, 2009
          1446 Posts
          Posted: November 17, 2009, 8:51 am - IP Logged

No, I think the man upstairs has got more important things to worry about than to bother him with my prayer to win so I can buy a chain of liquor stores conveniently located all across the country. I'm not sure he'd go for that anyway.

If that float your boat. You sound like you really into Liquor and moonshine.

hotatlanta
            United States
            Member #70664
            February 8, 2009
            1446 Posts
            Posted: November 17, 2009, 8:59 am - IP Logged

This is just as rediculous as sports teams praying to win before a game. Chair Never mind the thousands of children dying from hunger and disease everyday around the world, just make sure the Steelers win.....oops....lol

I pray to just win back the money I spent on lottery tickets.....lol

My goals are just a little bit more higher than your. I would like to help with some of the hunger that

going on with the people that were once consider middleclass in this country. I would like to help the

children in this country. 2009 I've seen alot of things happen that I didn't think I would see in my life time.

A jackpot would make some of that possible and give me a vacation from 2009.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2009, 9:09 am - IP Logged

i cant remember the whole joke, but its punch line is

god says "  help me out a little pal, at least  buy a freeking ticket.  "

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: November 17, 2009, 10:09 am - IP Logged

My goals are just a little bit more higher than your. I would like to help with some of the hunger that

going on with the people that were once consider middleclass in this country. I would like to help the

children in this country. 2009 I've seen alot of things happen that I didn't think I would see in my life time.

A jackpot would make some of that possible and give me a vacation from 2009.

I was being sarcastic. I think if there is a God, he would put a little more credence in helping starving children than help a team win a game.....geeesh!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: November 17, 2009, 10:55 am - IP Logged

If that float your boat. You sound like you really into Liquor and moonshine.

I look at it as preventive medicine, you know, for snakebite and such. I gotta lotta copperheads and rattlers around here and you can never be too careful. I saw an old western once where they poured whiskey on a snakebite so I just apply that modality from the inside. Better safe than sorry. An ounce of prevention and so forth. I use quite a few ounces just to be on the safe side. Can't never be too careful.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #79361
                    August 30, 2009
                    93 Posts
                    Posted: November 17, 2009, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

So is not paying your bills, that is a sin.

The sin is greed, not gambling or lottos.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10345 Posts
                      Posted: November 17, 2009, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

What if your prayers are answered along with the prayers of a 100 other players who had the same wish?

Years ago I read about a 100 plus Californians winning the same lottery jackpot and not one was thankful for their win.

Remmber the movie Bruce Almighty?

Jim Carey tried to answer everyone's prayers.....the next morning people were driving around yelling, "The lottery sucks! I won $17!"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: November 17, 2009, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I confess i have prayed for a win mostly because i wanted to help my family live independently for a long time. Among other things. I cut back on my praying for a win and try to focus on winning for the sake of winning.

Mostly i just rub the magic lamp (kidding of course.) but if i had one I'd rub it.

Maybe I'll get a Tubro like Peggy Bundy had in (Married with children).

Excerpt from the show

(PEGGY Hey, look at this! "New Jersey Housewife Wins Eight Point Seven Million Dollar Lottery."
                        And she won it after rubbing the belly of her good luck charm, Tubro, the fat
                        Panamanian God of Money. I need something lucky to rub.)

This was a pretty funny episode.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: November 17, 2009, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Tranlate please......

Only you are saint....

Only you are worthy...

you are very beautiful...

and marvelous too...

pour down your spirit....

and let your light shine...

that your glory fill

this place right now...

that's my translation i dont know what's the proper translation...Is a very popular song it will not surprise me if they had it in english...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Monkey Butt, USA
                            United States
                            Member #54569
                            August 23, 2007
                            1124 Posts
                            Posted: November 17, 2009, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Blue Angel

Genesis 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do; and now nothing will be restrained from them which they have imagined to do.

Everything we enjoy in our lives today started in someone's imagination.

Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy GOD: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

All of my wins are because of the insight from GOD not because of my smarts or skills.

Psalm 145:16 Thou openest thine hand and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.

Last time I checked I was wonderfully made and created by the ALMIGHT HIMSELF.

Proverbs 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD.

GOD decides the outcome of every drawing.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom in the grave, whither thou goest.

I study and work my numbers diligently.

Ecclesiastes 10:19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.

You need money for everything in this society. You can't even get your butt kicked for free these days.

Ecclesiastes 11:5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

I can't tell you what GOD will or will not do. I can only tell you what HE said in HIS word.

Matthew 7:11 If ye then being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

I go to GOD just like I go to my parents, 100% guilt free. Why? Because HE is my father, and it is his job to take care of me.

Mark 11: 24 Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

John 14:13 &14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask anything in my name, Iwill do it.

John 16:24 Hitherto (up til now, So far) have ye asked nothing in my name: ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full (filled, complete).

Acts 1:23 to 26 Discusses the casting of lots to see who would replace Judas after the death of Jesus.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.

Unlike human beings, GOD does not discriminate.

So yes, I do pray and ask GOD for the revelation of the winning numbers in whatever game I play. I have that right as a child of GOD and no human will ever make me feel ashamed for asking. If I can turn to him when a crisis occur, then I can turn to him when things are going good in my life.

After all it's not like GOD doesn't know what I want anyway. HE is the ALL KNOWING GOD.Blue Angel

LottoPools's avatar - bee
                              Houston, TX
                              United States
                              Member #4496
                              April 29, 2004
                              71 Posts
                              Posted: November 17, 2009, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! with Perdue.

I do not believe gambling is a sin.  Many people believe that consuming alcohol is a sin but it's not - if it was, Jesus would never have provided wine for the wedding.  Instead, it's about excess.

Gluttony is a sin.  Too much wine.  Too much gambling.  I think if you play the lottery responsibly (i.e., you can still meet all of your financial obligations), then it's ok.  To me it's no different than spending my money on a movie or a book - except there is the possibility of a great return.

My God is big enough to be concerned with every part of my life without His attention to everyone else's life being reduced.  That means I can pray to Him about anything, good or bad, big or small, that is going on in my life, including wanting to win the lottery.

Playing together to make a splash in the pool of lottery winners.  It's just a matter of time.