Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When you buy a lottery ticket do you prayer that you win the Jackpot?

Topic closed. 93 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LotteryTechInc.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #69164
January 5, 2009
3 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2009, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Jesus said, "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Food for thought.

Right after that statement Jesus says "anything is possible with God."

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2009, 9:35 am - IP Logged

Right after that statement Jesus says "anything is possible with God."

How true that is. A little prayer can't hurt, of course, but even if you won a jackpot after "praying" how would you ever know it had anything to do with the Almighty? It might have just been "your turn" to win in the scheme of things. But at that point you probably wouldn't care how you won anyway,lol. You'd be rollin in the dough.

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
      Katy, Tx
      United States
      Member #67709
      December 3, 2008
      204 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2009, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

I was always taught,  " The Lord help the ones that help themselve!"....

When you win you can feed the starving, Teams, etc.

Joey

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2009, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

How true that is. A little prayer can't hurt, of course, but even if you won a jackpot after "praying" how would you ever know it had anything to do with the Almighty? It might have just been "your turn" to win in the scheme of things. But at that point you probably wouldn't care how you won anyway,lol. You'd be rollin in the dough.

That's right 1 or 2 minutes of your entire day dont even have to be every day it could be every 3 days...1 or 2 minutes every 3 days can't kill...

many people are willing to spend HOURS in yoga yet they can dedicate 1 minute to praying...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
          Member #68002
          December 10, 2008
          477 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2009, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I can't dedicate 1 minute too praying because I'm not religious,prayer is a chioce not a requirement it's not mandatory duty as a human being

pepper1's avatar - batman38
            hotatlanta
            United States
            Member #70664
            February 8, 2009
            1446 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2009, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

That's right 1 or 2 minutes of your entire day dont even have to be every day it could be every 3 days...1 or 2 minutes every 3 days can't kill...

many people are willing to spend HOURS in yoga yet they can dedicate 1 minute to praying...

I believe that pray should be that person choice. We're all different with different faith.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
              hotatlanta
              United States
              Member #70664
              February 8, 2009
              1446 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2009, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

I can't dedicate 1 minute too praying because I'm not religious,prayer is a chioce not a requirement it's not mandatory duty as a human being

I agree. Just because I do something I don't expect other to do it. I respect that.  I just want to know who was doing what I did.

United States
                Member #68002
                December 10, 2008
                477 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2009, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Exactly I totally agree a lot of religious folks seem too think that everyone should  do what they do but what if a person  who for example drank alot,handled poisonous snakes felt that everyone should do it??? no one should have too do anything they don't wanna do.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2009, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Exactly I totally agree a lot of religious folks seem too think that everyone should  do what they do but what if a person  who for example drank alot,handled poisonous snakes felt that everyone should do it??? no one should have too do anything they don't wanna do.

Sometimes there are things you have to do whether you want to or not, like paying Federal and State taxes on a lottery jackpot if you win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #68002
                    December 10, 2008
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2009, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

That's different you can go too jail for stuff like that i'm basically talking about things that you can't go too jail for if you don't wanna do them

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Santa Ana
                      United States
                      Member #71159
                      February 20, 2009
                      651 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2009, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree with your last line. Jackpots should be smaller with more people winning. One person does not need 200 million dollars. Why not let 400 people win a half a million dollars or even 200 people win a million dollars. That isn't rich, by far, in today's economy after taxes but would be a nice nest egg for most. But the lure of those triple digit millions is what gets people to buy more tickets.

I totally agree with you, the jackpots need to be smaller to generate more winners--it will increase more revenue if there were more bigger winners for a jackpot of an lesser amount.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        Santa Ana
                        United States
                        Member #71159
                        February 20, 2009
                        651 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2009, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Prayer is the way GOD allows us to communicate with him on a daily basis and we all should continue praying for what we want and to continue to be thankful for just living on this planet.  If you want to win the lottery and praying to win, keep on praying because GOD does answer all prayers!!Blue Angel

Also, if someone @ LP can send me the scripture where is states that gambling is a sin, please send me the exact scripture from the bible for me to read it; otherwise it is not a sin.Blue Angel

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3474 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2009, 3:28 am - IP Logged

I totally agree with you, the jackpots need to be smaller to generate more winners--it will increase more revenue if there were more bigger winners for a jackpot of an lesser amount.

The reason we see really big jackpots and extremely steep odds is that the lotteries pay attention to ticket sales. The increased revenues come from steep odds and big jackpots. It's possible that substantial numbers of regular players would prefer lower odds and more winners of smaller jackpots, but overall that isn't what puts the most money in the states' coffers.  One drawing with a $100 million jackpot can bring in more than twice as much as a minimum jackpot, and $200 million can bring in 4 or 5 times as much. Until sales drop off the states would be stupid to lower the odds.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            CA
                            United States
                            Member #57222
                            December 23, 2007
                            587 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2009, 8:45 am - IP Logged

I totally agree with your last line. Jackpots should be smaller with more people winning. One person does not need 200 million dollars. Why not let 400 people win a half a million dollars or even 200 people win a million dollars. That isn't rich, by far, in today's economy after taxes but would be a nice nest egg for most. But the lure of those triple digit millions is what gets people to buy more tickets.

I like the way you think.  then eventually we will all get a cut

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #22395
                              September 24, 2005
                              1583 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2009, 9:25 am - IP Logged

The Good has to suffer with the bad. He help some in his time not ours. Just like everybody doesn't win the jackpot.Why are you special. Special as in great are the short bus? I can't pray for you to win I'm to busy praying for myself

If only God understands exactly how intelligent design works, then how can anyone know its working or working properly?