Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do we play?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2010, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

but i still dont know WHY people play pick3...Pick3 game serves no purpose unless it was free..i think you you are better off predicting where the forex will turn and make money off of it or the stock market than playing pick3...

PIck3 should be called a: Pawn shop...I have never in my life played pick3....But i am glad it exists because is the same thing as Playing Pick5...Many state´s Pick5 offers: $50,000 jackpots and they have 600,000 odds/combinations...Pick5 is a Pick5/39 while Pick3 is a Pick3/15 most of the time if you convert it from a permutation game to a combination game...

Pick3 only has: 720 and if you know that a number is coming you can bet: $100...Many player if they could will bet: $100 on Pick5...Yet: $500 x 100 = 50,000...Plus is fast money...If you save: $350 everyday for 20 years is after 20 years that you are going to have 72,000 didnt even accumulated: $100,000...And even if you accumulated: $100,000 banks nowadays only want to give you: 2% or 3%, plus taxed on earned income...half of it will be gone so you probably end up making: $150 or $100 a month....You can save: $1,000 a month if you like which i´ll like to see which American will do it but after 30 years of saving it you only saved: $340,000, money that could had goned to paid a house if you was to put those $340,000 in the bank you might make less than: $600 a month after taxes....to me i think you are better off saving those: $1,000 a month so that whenever you are and elderly 30 or 40 years later and you are 70 years old or 80 years old you can take those: $700 a month and hire your young girlfriend after your wife has passed away and you are lonely...

Because the: $300 or $200 that is going to stay back after you paid for medication and everything is not going to help you...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
    Member #6363
    August 20, 2004
    4056 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2010, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

It was either gamble, drink, smoke or do drugs and I personally like my liver, lungs and brain. So I'll stick to possibly hurting my pocketbook instead. I can fix that damage with a little elbow grease if I don't have a lucky streak going.

There is always that one chance.

I got 5 out of 6 numbers right this year on a 1.2 mil jackpot. After that I got to thinking maybe I really do have a snowball's chance...

Besides it's fun!

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: January 9, 2010, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

a lot of people dont play Pick5 or Pick3 because they can get that same amount of money playing poker..well i call it clandestine poker i think people can assemble and play poker not the same thing with the lottery....

Not many people know but the lottery, Pick3 and Pick4 and Pick5 are competing with poker...

there is a difference here...People can assembled and play poker yet they can´t do the same thing with the traffic lights...

Dude poker might not be a 1 billion dollars industry, but poker gots its own channel and if you look at the mechanics of the game is so silly yet it has its own channel, not just 1 channel either...I want to see the lottery have its own channel..

not many people know this but i think that lotteries started earlier than poker plus they were used to raised revenue for the country, other wise we will all be playing poker instead of lotteries...Lotteries probably would had never been invented...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
        Member #80450
        September 27, 2009
        56 Posts
        Posted: January 9, 2010, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

I play when I can...after I win a huge jackpot I can maybe play more.

LOL

I just think its fun & cool...when I can play...gives me something to get excited about because my life sucks and I keep getting kicked in the teeth.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2010, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

LOL

I just think its fun & cool...when I can play...gives me something to get excited about because my life sucks and I keep getting kicked in the teeth.

Hang in there luvrh, everybody goes through times like those.

Keep the faith and everything will eventually turn around for ya.

Been there.

Give freely of what you want yourself, whether it's love, money, time, respect or anything else and you'll get it back. Even a smile.

Sometimes it doesn't happen right away (except the smiles) but eventually it pays off.

Good luck to you.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2010, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

luvrh, It is funa and it is cool.   Unlike getting sucker punch by life,  friends and relations.  Picking up blows'n'kicks like a street dog pick up flees; I did not hear about it I know about it; live closely to it had to tell it like Billy Holliday "good morning heartache Sit down." 

So I can speak.  Tell you give it to G-D and the calender.  It's true I found out too, Time takes care of all evil folks.  The longer you can hang on the stronger you become, the time will come whenyou can smile at it and say this is no longer my reality, I am better than this!!!   It will come!! in the meantime Play on cadet! I wish you Peace of mind, health along with  millions.Sun Smiley

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
              Midlands, SC
              United States
              Member #69698
              January 14, 2009
              303 Posts
              Posted: January 9, 2010, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

We play because it's the working slob's only chance of ever really making a life changing score and getting out of the trap.

I Agree!

I'm tired of working a job I hate for a paycheck that doesn't cover my bills.

dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
                Midlands, SC
                United States
                Member #69698
                January 14, 2009
                303 Posts
                Posted: January 9, 2010, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

LOL

U r not alone!  I had 4 car accidents last year alone which has caused me tremendous debt (oh yeah, and the back pain)...only the debt hurts more.

United States
                  Member #60947
                  May 7, 2008
                  313 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2010, 7:36 am - IP Logged

I play because if I don't play, I can't win.   Thinking

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: January 11, 2010, 8:36 am - IP Logged

I Love this one, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

LottoPools's avatar - bee
                      Houston, TX
                      United States
                      Member #4496
                      April 29, 2004
                      71 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2010, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

- it's fun

- if I don't play, I can't win

- better a lottery ticket than a bag of chips

- haven't figured out how to make millions any other way yet

Playing together to make a splash in the pool of lottery winners.  It's just a matter of time.

China
                        Member #81789
                        October 30, 2009
                        17 Posts
                        Posted: January 13, 2010, 8:14 am - IP Logged

it is hard to say the reason clearly!

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: January 13, 2010, 9:04 am - IP Logged

How about, win, win, Win!!!!   Or not having extra cash sucks!!!  or not having extra cash is depressing!!!   Or not been able to help someone out of a jam because you are Broker than a broken down chair, is a drag!!!  Or because you hate Bills pyling up!  or you just enjoy the thrilll!! Partyof been in the winners circle!!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2010, 9:10 am - IP Logged

And oh yes lets not forget that relative who is always coming around to mooching!Naughty

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: February 13, 2010, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

In additon to all theother thing lets not forget the Relative!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina