Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Information Theory and Lotto

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 7 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2010, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Christathios

I understand what Coin Toss said and I have to agree with him.  Random is as random does.

Where he is mistaken concerns me looking for consistency.  I am not looking for consistency.  I am looking at information buried within any 5 numbers out of a total of 39 numbers.  I am looking for facts which may be true for one set of 5 numbers but not true of another set of 5 numbers. Hapy Numbers is one such set of facts.  Padovan numbrs are another.  Odd or even sums, high number, low number, consecutive numbers, and so on are other facts.

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2010, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

I was asked how I use Padovan numbers.  I track them with zero's and 1's.  In my Excel spreadsheet, I put a 0 if the draw did not contain a Padovan number and a 1 if it did.

At this point, I have no idea what to do with that information.  As soon as an idea forms in my foggy, bottom brain (I'm from Tennessee, don't you know), I will test the idea.  If the results are worth printing out, I will post them here.

There is something about all those 0's and 1's that smack of binary numbers.  Just how binary might fit into the over-all scheme of things remains to be seen