Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 1:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think you deserve to win when you see people that throw it away

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tweak.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1446 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2010, 11:15 am - IP Logged

In the annals of lottery history there has only ever been one person that truly deserves to win the jackpot. That person is me.

And in your heart you know I'm right.

Someone telling the truth. You're a riot. I bet they want say the greeneye monster is raising his head on you. I hope that  happen for you one day

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    41988 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2010, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

You win the big one and i'll make you all the biscuits and gravy you can handle.

HyperBe Happy.

United States
      Member #80450
      September 27, 2009
      56 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2010, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

If someone is stupid enough to blow their jackpot...then so be it, I do get upset in general when I see horrible people who have everything just being bad with money...but that is life. There is always gonna be someone with way more than what you got and one can't help but feel they deserve better than what they have...expecially when one has close to nothing.

All feelings aside, everyone needs to be greatful for what they do have and hope for something better.

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
        Member #85037
        January 7, 2010
        253 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2010, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Today I read that P. Diddy gave his son a $360,000 Maybach for his 16th birthday.  Yeah that makes the green eyed monster raise it's head because of the sheer waste of money for a CAR when you have people dying in Haiti.  His son did donate the 10k Diddy gave him to Haiti but I digress...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2010, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

You win the big one and i'll make you all the biscuits and gravy you can handle.

Keep thet skillet good n greezy cuz yer a fannin' the flames of sweet dezaar!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

konane's avatar - wallace
            Atlanta, GA
            United States
            Member #1265
            March 13, 2003
            3348 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2010, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

They won it, it's their money, and it's theirs to do as they wish.

I Agree!

Good luck to everyone!

United States
              Member #26330
              November 16, 2005
              330 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2010, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

It can be a little frustrating but it still comes down to personal freedom of choice.    I don't like how certain celebs spend their Millions, but what buisness is that of mine?   How someone lives their private life, spends their money is none of my concern.  It may make you angry but don't give in to envy.  The last thing people need to do is give in to CLASS ENVY....it's just another way to divide people and engender hate.   Be thankfull for what you have.......Think of the poor folks in Haiti and reflect on how good you have things in this nation......

crystaltips's avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
                London
                United Kingdom
                Member #58578
                February 20, 2008
                51 Posts
                Posted: January 25, 2010, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

I think there is a little of the 'Green-eyed' monster here but so what? I think we all get frustrated with playing the lottery for many years and not winning a dime. You just get fed up of 'waiting'.  I think these are natural feelings if you're honest.

I have been playing the British National Lottery for nearly 16 years and have yet to win anything other than a tenner but I am still waiting...

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay.

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #85037
                  January 7, 2010
                  253 Posts
                  Posted: January 25, 2010, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

I think there is a little of the 'Green-eyed' monster here but so what? I think we all get frustrated with playing the lottery for many years and not winning a dime. You just get fed up of 'waiting'.  I think these are natural feelings if you're honest.

I have been playing the British National Lottery for nearly 16 years and have yet to win anything other than a tenner but I am still waiting...

I Agree!

megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
                    Queens, NY
                    United States
                    Member #245
                    April 15, 2002
                    451 Posts
                    Posted: January 25, 2010, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

this is true but when you are struggling to feed your family and you see people winning big and spend $200,000 on purses it's hard not to get a little upset.  I forget the name of the purse lady, but she claims she wrote a dollar amount on a piece of paper, stuck it under the pillow and then she won exactly that much $$$.  yeah right. 

I don't know I guess it's not really that they throw it away, it's the fact that they do interviews and talk about how they throw it away.  There's no way on Earth i would do any interviews if I won.

Perhaps you should ask the 10% of the population who have or control 90% of the money in this country why they don't do more to help those who need help. They did stories on the news during the worst part of this recession of the obscenely rich coming out of Gucci's or some other expensive store, with their purchases in plain paper or plastic bags so folks wouldn't know where they had been shopping. If I put my money down to purchase any lottery game and win I owe no one except my immediate family anything. I bought it, I won it , it's mine.

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

Litebets27's avatar - power
                      Maryland
                      United States
                      Member #10465
                      January 14, 2005
                      6065 Posts
                      Posted: January 25, 2010, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

They won it, it's their money, and it's theirs to do as they wish.

I Agree!

When we get our turn,(@winning a gigantic jackpot), and start doing what we want with our winnings, someone out there who has not won as yet will be discussed with us and think we didn't deserve the win either.

Even those who put a majority of their winnings away in investment or savings avenues, have had comments made aganist them such as; what are they saving the money for? This is especially true if the winners are of an advanced age, (70's, 80's).

Everyone has their own priority, wish or dream of what they want to do with their winnings which may not and will not coincide with our own.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                        Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #70678
                        February 8, 2009
                        889 Posts
                        Posted: January 25, 2010, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

When we get our turn,(@winning a gigantic jackpot), and start doing what we want with our winnings, someone out there who has not won as yet will be discussed with us and think we didn't deserve the win either.

Even those who put a majority of their winnings away in investment or savings avenues, have had comments made aganist them such as; what are they saving the money for? This is especially true if the winners are of an advanced age, (70's, 80's).

Everyone has their own priority, wish or dream of what they want to do with their winnings which may not and will not coincide with our own.

I think this is true!

I'm not a material person and believe me if you saw what I own most of you who think you are so much more deserving than these winners probably have a whole lot more than I do. And I mean a whole lot more. And no I don't think I'm somehow more deserving than you. I really don't care. I care about my money and how I spend it. And yes I'm being honest about my feelings.

I deliver the mail to people that live in multi-million dollar homes, drive nice cars, you get the picture! If I compared my life to theirs I wouldn't even be able to do my job. Do I care what they have? NOOOOOO!

If someone wins the lottery and throws every last cent of it away it doesn't make me think that somehow I deserved it more. No green-eyed monster here!

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: January 25, 2010, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

people that have money or grew up in a wealthy environment dont miss money, people that didnt have money or never have money do miss money, is like a golden rule...The person chasing the money more is the second person or third in the race not the first one...You dont see a sport figure with: $400 million dollars networth if there is such a thing you dont see them still playing do you...

I still think that people who win: million specially if is: 40 million or above shouldnt have played in the first place...Well you can pass because after all the USA is the USA...had we been talking about another country i believe they should confiscate it...I think someone that throws money doesnt know what he is doing yet he will throw money away when he is: 33 or 37 years old and after he is empty and he is: 67 or whatever age he begins to feel the pain...There ought to be a law even if we are talking about the USA or Japan there ought to be a law that makes it a federal felony or whatever if a person throws money away plus there is: inflation which they normally dont see...There ought to be a law in the USA where if you are going to throw so much money away it should be confiscated and turned in to their cousin, uncle, half brother, friend, aunt, aunt´s daughter, nephews, your wife´s aunt, your wife aunts, your wife nephews, etc and you see i have more reasons to be right because a family is so big and you have cousins and more cousins and your cousins have cousins and brothers and ants...To burn money should be considered a SIN in my opinion...

Let´s use an example: you have 50 million many people will say that´s too much money...20 years pass inflation kicks in: now you have 25 million or the equivalent of 25 million in that present time...If you marry forget the 25 million now you got 12 million and your wife 12 million PRAY THAT SHE DOESNT DIVORCES YOU...20 years pass again and inflation kicks in now you have 6 million...And to get to the 50 million it will take you 40 years of hard work running a bussiness to get from 6 million to maybe 18 million but you will not reach to 50 million again...

I dont care if the supreme court was to rule against this I AM STILL RIGHT...But having money is not bad, what is bad is the killing and beheading and child kidnapping and extortion that other people want to do to you once they know you have money, plus the rich is the inspiration of the poor is what motivates the poor...What is also a sin is you always been rich and not giving room for others to experience been rich for whatever reason, e.g you may have something against gays been rich who knows what, well that´s wrong, or keeping the poor always poorer or not letting the poor advanced even if is 1 by 1 out of 7 billion people in the world...that´s wrong and is a sin...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: January 25, 2010, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi, this country was founded in part to get away from ideas like yours about making laws giving government the right to confiscate anything. The government is supposed to be our servant, not our master and when they don't do what we want we can throw them out. We have enough unjust laws and crimes being committed against us by government, we don't need any more.

Too many young people have grown up in an environment of government domination of their lives. They accept it without question. That is not the way it is supposed to be.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Honduras
                              Member #20982
                              August 29, 2005
                              4715 Posts
                              Posted: January 25, 2010, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

been super, mega rich giga rich, deca rich is not a sin, smoking is...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨