Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think you deserve to win when you see people that throw it away

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tweak.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:33 am - IP Logged

They won it, it's their money, and it's theirs to do as they wish.

I Agree! I agree. If I ever win, I plan to splurge on myself and my family. I'm not going to be wasteful, but why not enjoy your winnings why your still alive? Everyone has their own passions and desires and one persons "throwing it away" items, is another persons joy.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:47 am - IP Logged

I alway want to win. I think of all the things that I could do, and all the people that

I could help. When I see people that hit it big and take it for granted. Good fortune doesn't strike

everyone, but when It does hit for me I will make the best of it. Lesson learn.

Oh the tangled web we weave........

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
      Vancouver, WA
      United States
      Member #53665
      July 15, 2007
      151 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2010, 2:11 am - IP Logged

this is true but when you are struggling to feed your family and you see people winning big and spend $200,000 on purses it's hard not to get a little upset.  I forget the name of the purse lady, but she claims she wrote a dollar amount on a piece of paper, stuck it under the pillow and then she won exactly that much $$$.  yeah right. 

I don't know I guess it's not really that they throw it away, it's the fact that they do interviews and talk about how they throw it away.  There's no way on Earth i would do any interviews if I won.

I remember this lady.  Yes, she spent a lot of $$ on purses, but if you read the rest of her story, she went out and started a charity that helps lots of inner city kids and went out and started her own record company as well.

She did what I feel all of us would do with her winnings.  Put a chunk of it in a "go crazy" account and spent on whatever she wanted.  Then, she started working on what meant most to her, helping kids and families and started her own business.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
        hotatlanta
        United States
        Member #70664
        February 8, 2009
        1446 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2010, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Today I read that P. Diddy gave his son a $360,000 Maybach for his 16th birthday.  Yeah that makes the green eyed monster raise it's head because of the sheer waste of money for a CAR when you have people dying in Haiti.  His son did donate the 10k Diddy gave him to Haiti but I digress...

As everyone alway says that his money. I read it to and I had some thought on the subject that I will keep

to myself. I decide to say that's his money and he can spend it the way he wants. I wouldn't want anyone to say the

GREENEYE MONSTER LIVE HERE.........................

hotatlanta
          United States
          Member #70664
          February 8, 2009
          1446 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2010, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

It can be a little frustrating but it still comes down to personal freedom of choice.    I don't like how certain celebs spend their Millions, but what buisness is that of mine?   How someone lives their private life, spends their money is none of my concern.  It may make you angry but don't give in to envy.  The last thing people need to do is give in to CLASS ENVY....it's just another way to divide people and engender hate.   Be thankfull for what you have.......Think of the poor folks in Haiti and reflect on how good you have things in this nation......

It  doesn't make me angry nor am I envy. I live like a rock star myself. Personal speaking I would be

a little more helpful to people in need, but to each his own. I'm always thankful for what I have. I don't

have to think of the people in Haiti I see it here in the good old USA.

hotatlanta
            United States
            Member #70664
            February 8, 2009
            1446 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2010, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I remember this lady.  Yes, she spent a lot of $$ on purses, but if you read the rest of her story, she went out and started a charity that helps lots of inner city kids and went out and started her own record company as well.

She did what I feel all of us would do with her winnings.  Put a chunk of it in a "go crazy" account and spent on whatever she wanted.  Then, she started working on what meant most to her, helping kids and families and started her own business.

Good stories. That what I'm talking about. If you've being bless be a blessing to someone else is all I'm

saying.

hotatlanta
              United States
              Member #70664
              February 8, 2009
              1446 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2010, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Oh the tangled web we weave........

And what WEB would that be?

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                CA
                United States
                Member #57222
                December 23, 2007
                587 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2010, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

this is true but when you are struggling to feed your family and you see people winning big and spend $200,000 on purses it's hard not to get a little upset.  I forget the name of the purse lady, but she claims she wrote a dollar amount on a piece of paper, stuck it under the pillow and then she won exactly that much $$$.  yeah right. 

I don't know I guess it's not really that they throw it away, it's the fact that they do interviews and talk about how they throw it away.  There's no way on Earth i would do any interviews if I won.

Cynthia Stafford did that.  She bought a Poochie (sp?)  alligator hand bag.  she even gave 1$mill to the Geffen playhouse.  I hate to say it, but I think she will end up broke.  Remember, she shared that 112m with her brother and father.  divide that amount by 3, cut half for cash payout and 25% in taxes. 

She started a production company and is using her money to back films.  She may be in for a rude awakening in a few years.  I admirer her for going for a dream but that particular dream is expensive.  She'd better be careful.  She seems to be the type thats wants to live a movie star lifestyle.  Lets hope she learns quickly how fast that money can dissapear.

United States
                  Member #54390
                  August 17, 2007
                  313 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2010, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Money make people two-faced.  You may think you're innocent now, but when you actually win the money, you will be reprogrammed.

United States
                    Member #26330
                    November 16, 2005
                    330 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2010, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi, this country was founded in part to get away from ideas like yours about making laws giving government the right to confiscate anything. The government is supposed to be our servant, not our master and when they don't do what we want we can throw them out. We have enough unjust laws and crimes being committed against us by government, we don't need any more.

Too many young people have grown up in an environment of government domination of their lives. They accept it without question. That is not the way it is supposed to be.

Amen!!!   The gov't is getting out of hand when it decides how much money a citizen can make or who gets to be one of the wealthy class.    We need smaller gov't and less taxes and to stay out of citizens private lives!!!

hotatlanta
                      United States
                      Member #70664
                      February 8, 2009
                      1446 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2010, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

I think there is a little of the 'Green-eyed' monster here but so what? I think we all get frustrated with playing the lottery for many years and not winning a dime. You just get fed up of 'waiting'.  I think these are natural feelings if you're honest.

I have been playing the British National Lottery for nearly 16 years and have yet to win anything other than a tenner but I am still waiting...

I'm sorry if you feel that there is a greeneye monster here, because i chose to post a question to see what

people think. I have money, not million, but I have it with all the bells and whistle. Unlike you I have being playing

for alot of years, and I have won. Now if i was you and I've played for 16 years without winning I would rethink

myself, But of course it's your money. I was only looking for natural feeling.

hotatlanta
                        United States
                        Member #70664
                        February 8, 2009
                        1446 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2010, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Money make people two-faced.  You may think you're innocent now, but when you actually win the money, you will be reprogrammed.

What I see from other people that win broke,death,family act crazy makes me want to be a different person

plus I'm use to a little money. I've seen what a little money will do to people, so I wouldn't even let them

no that I won that kind of money.

hotatlanta
                          United States
                          Member #70664
                          February 8, 2009
                          1446 Posts
                          Posted: January 26, 2010, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Amen!!!   The gov't is getting out of hand when it decides how much money a citizen can make or who gets to be one of the wealthy class.    We need smaller gov't and less taxes and to stay out of citizens private lives!!!

Amen..............................

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: January 26, 2010, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Q: Do you think you deserve to win when you see people that throw it away?

A: Mostly I just think of how much I'd like to be a seller of whatever it is they're buying. Big Grin

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

hotatlanta
                              United States
                              Member #70664
                              February 8, 2009
                              1446 Posts
                              Posted: January 26, 2010, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Q: Do you think you deserve to win when you see people that throw it away?

A: Mostly I just think of how much I'd like to be a seller of whatever it is they're buying. Big Grin

Great Idea.... I never saw it that way.