Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 1:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think you deserve to win when you see people that throw it away

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tweak.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3316 Posts
Posted: January 27, 2010, 6:53 am - IP Logged

hell no i dont deserve to win, not a bit, but i deserve to win more than the schmuch who doesnt buy a ticket and blabs on about how much they'll give away if they do win.

i dont deserve it, but hey i dont deserve it just as much as anyone else in here.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: January 27, 2010, 9:55 am - IP Logged

i was looking at: Youtube day before yesterday and there is this guy who won Powerball or MegaMillions and wants to give it all away....ALL OF IT...is just like wasting all of it away...the guy could be very religious i dont know...won like: 126 millions...the video look fake though...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Santa Ana
      United States
      Member #71159
      February 20, 2009
      651 Posts
      Posted: January 30, 2010, 1:56 am - IP Logged

I alway want to win. I think of all the things that I could do, and all the people that

I could help. When I see people that hit it big and take it for granted. Good fortune doesn't strike

everyone, but when It does hit for me I will make the best of it. Lesson learn.

Isn't this the main reason we are playing in the first place???  We all want to win and deserve to win; how you decide to spend it is up to you and GOD; for example yesterday, a homeless man was at McDonald's looking for or asking for money to eat--I saw him going to several strangers and I finally I asked him was he hungry and he said yes; I gave him $2.00 which I had extra to play from my lotto budget and told him to walk inside and buy himself lunch; perhaps from the "dollar menu".   I was happy to give it to him and felt good that I was there to help him. $2.00 wasn't a lot but he certainly did not turn it down--People are struggling and hurting day to day just to survive; if you help others it will come back to you twofold.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
        hotatlanta
        United States
        Member #70664
        February 8, 2009
        1446 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2010, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

What a great story. I agree

NH
          United States
          Member #83352
          December 5, 2009
          223 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2010, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

I would rather see a poor/middle class citizen blow through a massive windfall buying silly items then have a crooked charity/organization steal it all...Imagine how you would feel giving most of your windfall away to say the people of Haiti only to find out it never really got to them...

Bondi Junction
            Australia
            Member #57242
            December 24, 2007
            1102 Posts
            Posted: February 1, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

We all say,"if I won, I would invest it, I wouldn't waste it etc... " I would like to believe I would be constructive with any win. However, people do change when they get sudden riches, from a lottery win or inheritance. If and when I win, I hope I will still keep my feet on the ground.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2010, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

You're saying what most people say and feel if the truth be told.

But even if you say it; it still does not change the truth that it  is  their   money!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19903 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2010, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

"Do you think you deserve to win when you see people that throw it away"

What I think doesn't matter unless I buy a ticket with the winning numbers, lotteries are not entitlement programs.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: February 3, 2010, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

What I think doesn't matter unless I buy a ticket with the winning numbers, lotteries are not entitlement programs.

Oh my goodness, you summed up this whole Thread quite nicely I might Add, Good for you!!1 WTG!Cheers

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

hotatlanta
                    United States
                    Member #70664
                    February 8, 2009
                    1446 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2010, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

But even if you say it; it still does not change the truth that it  is  their   money!!!

Everybody knows it their money, and they are I can do what we want!!!!!!!

hotatlanta
                      United States
                      Member #70664
                      February 8, 2009
                      1446 Posts
                      Posted: February 3, 2010, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

What I think are you think does'nt 'matter, but we can still say it. That call freedom of speech, and

that we're entitle to. I think that sum up this whole post......Surrender

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        CA
                        United States
                        Member #57222
                        December 23, 2007
                        587 Posts
                        Posted: February 3, 2010, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Great Idea.... I never saw it that way.

I agree,

Like the saying goes--" I don't want to be like Mike,  I want to be like the guy that PAYS Mike."

tweak's avatar - i307m
                          Hudson County , NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18866
                          July 21, 2005
                          75 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2010, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

nah i don't hate. i mean, even if i won a ridiculous amount, i wouldn't go all MTV cribs and start blowing my cash. would i love to? sure, but i would never due to the sheer irresponsibility of it. so when someone else does,in a sense i have this "good for you " feeling because i don't have it in me to do what they do. so i guess i don't consider what they're doing as "throwing it away". some experiences are priceless

"I've never been so sure of anything in my life. I AM GOING TO WIN THIS LOTTERY!
                          Homer... The odds the 380,000,000 to 1...
                          CORRECTION!! 380,000,000 to 50!!"
                          - The Simpsons