Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

It's Official, The Lottery is Band?! What Now!

Topic closed. 74 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jrosina.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: February 2, 2010, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Whar rdgrnr said here is very true.

The Pick 3 existed eons before any legalized lottery. It was known as "policy", started in the ghettos, and the bet was a nickel.

The state Pick 3 games were just clones of this game but used ping pong balls instead of the last three dollar digits of the total mutuel handle at that day's race track of choice. (The track varied so as not to invite any collussion).

As for Al Capone, boot legging, and the government, do a little research on JKK's father.

Wink

Wow Coin, I just got educated!  I did not know this!  So the goverrnment basically hijacked a money making Idea from the getto! Al capone and the government; it sounds weird putting those two in the same sentence except on opposite sides of the fence, but on the same side?!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8366 Posts
    Posted: February 2, 2010, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

The day the lottery stops will be the day where a monetary way of life will no longer be needed.Bang Head

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
      Queens, NY
      United States
      Member #245
      April 15, 2002
      451 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2010, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Whar rdgrnr said here is very true.

The Pick 3 existed eons before any legalized lottery. It was known as "policy", started in the ghettos, and the bet was a nickel.

The state Pick 3 games were just clones of this game but used ping pong balls instead of the last three dollar digits of the total mutuel handle at that day's race track of choice. (The track varied so as not to invite any collussion).

As for Al Capone, boot legging, and the government, do a little research on JKK's father.

Wink

Some "number" "bankers" accepted bets as low as a penny. The real odds on Pick 3 or the "numbers" as they were originally know is a thousand to one. When you get 500 bucks from the lottery folks for your buck you're getting cheated. "Numbers" "policy" started in Harlem NY and was literally taken over by the Mafia when they found out how much money was being made. 

Banker = The head man

Runner = The guy who collected the bets and paid off the winners. 

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49835 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2010, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

I wish they would give me a job in the Lottery! if they knew how i was letting people get all this money they would ban me from playing. Or send me to jail!! No that's a Joke, May God Bless you and give you more blessings! I am just being silly, laughter is good Medicine!  Raven62.

What is funny to one person may not be funny to the next person!

Like a Comedian standing on a stage reading from a Joke Book!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34202 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2010, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

What is funny to one person may not be funny to the next person!

Like a Comedian standing on a stage reading from a Joke Book!

LOL! God Bless you!  Did you go over to the thread where you left the message to me, $20 Raffle ticket!  In Jack-pots was that funny?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2010, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

LOL! God Bless you!  Did you go over to the thread where you left the message to me, $20 Raffle ticket!  In Jack-pots was that funny?

LoL Marcie, I guess it was their, their turn to read from the Joke book then!  It was very funny to me Marcie! Peace and Love!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40613 Posts
              Posted: February 2, 2010, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

No tiggs never met the man , but i hear he lives in northville now. I hope you bust a big one too. ypsi is waiting for you. go get em tiger.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40613 Posts
                Posted: February 2, 2010, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

jrosina thanks for your support, i was feeling a wee bit testy today, had my taxes done and i am one p##$$*** off lady. I told my husband were not buying taxable items this month unless its absolutely nessesary  like toilet paper or toothpaste. no sales tax from me this month michigan.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2010, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Thanks sully your a sweetheart..I use to go to the racetrack in Northville in the 60's..I had a cigg and candy route out of Ann Arbor that went thru there also..I loved that little town then but my sister who still lives in Mich said Northville was huge now..I met her when I was 53 and had no idea she excisted..My mother had to adopt her out when she was a baby..It was a great meeting and she treats me like a God..I don't deserve that but she is so sweet..Good luck to you to sully tear the Mich lotto up you can do it!!..

Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40613 Posts
                    Posted: February 2, 2010, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Thanks sully your a sweetheart..I use to go to the racetrack in Northville in the 60's..I had a cigg and candy route out of Ann Arbor that went thru there also..I loved that little town then but my sister who still lives in Mich said Northville was huge now..I met her when I was 53 and had no idea she excisted..My mother had to adopt her out when she was a baby..It was a great meeting and she treats me like a God..I don't deserve that but she is so sweet..Good luck to you to sully tear the Mich lotto up you can do it!!..

we got a new racetrack in romulus now ...my mom says its real nice.. make that one of your stops.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: February 2, 2010, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

we got a new racetrack in romulus now ...my mom says its real nice.. make that one of your stops.

Next time I'm in Michigan?? I just might do that..Thanks for the info..

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: February 2, 2010, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

jrosina thanks for your support, i was feeling a wee bit testy today, had my taxes done and i am one p##$$*** off lady. I told my husband were not buying taxable items this month unless its absolutely nessesary  like toilet paper or toothpaste. no sales tax from me this month michigan.

Sully, no thanks necessary, you are a good person! Hmm What would happen if the whole nation stop buying Taxable Items!! Could we do that??

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Bondi Junction
                          Australia
                          Member #57242
                          December 24, 2007
                          1102 Posts
                          Posted: February 3, 2010, 5:33 am - IP Logged

I am sure illegal lotteries would spring-up!

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #17843
                            June 28, 2005
                            49835 Posts
                            Posted: February 3, 2010, 9:14 am - IP Logged

Sully, no thanks necessary, you are a good person! Hmm What would happen if the whole nation stop buying Taxable Items!! Could we do that??

Sure! Give it a try: Let us know how it works in Panama!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: February 3, 2010, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Sure! Give it a try: Let us know how it works in Panama!

Raven62, I was Borne in Panama It is my Country of Birth!!!  But I was Raised in NYC where I live until today.  I keep Panama on my Avatar because It is my place of Origin I came to this country as a Baby, And Visit Panama Often, But My Love is for the Country That received My Mother and all of us as Emigrants, Like it Received many other Emigrants who made this their Home!!! I Love it and would give my life for it!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina