Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

thought of how to respond to beggars when i win the big one.

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: February 14, 2010, 6:11 am - IP Logged

Me and you oughta come up with a bucket list in case we win tiggs. Now I don't usually fraternize with yankees but Kentucky is borderline and I know some upstandin' hillbillies from up there so whataya think? As old as you are, what's the difference if you start slammin' Jack now?

ridge runner if'en you bucket list with tiggs your buck'et listing with a Yankee born just outside of Detroit..That matter?..Haven't had a drink of booze since 1975 and that's why I'm still alive..

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Chicago
    United States
    Member #70678
    February 8, 2009
    889 Posts
    Posted: February 14, 2010, 9:31 am - IP Logged

LOL joshuacloak I need that shirt NOW!!!!!!!

Chicago
      United States
      Member #70678
      February 8, 2009
      889 Posts
      Posted: February 14, 2010, 9:37 am - IP Logged

I think mail carriers should have to share with everybody. Everybody knows they're loaded anyway. Especially the retired ones with those big fat government pensions.

Let's share the wealth!

HAHAHA! I pay in to Social Security! LOL let's see if it's still around when it's my turn to collect.

As for sharing the wealth.........I'll be happy to!!!!  As soon as you hand over the money hehehe!!!!!!!!

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: February 14, 2010, 10:57 am - IP Logged

This poor retired mailman is going to give rdgrnr his leftovers after he reaches 5mil so hang tough..It can happen...

Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: February 14, 2010, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

This poor retired mailman is going to give rdgrnr his leftovers after he reaches 5mil so hang tough..It can happen...

I haven't even reached "poor retired mailman" status yet! I've got some rich people on my route.....maybe I need to start taking notes!

LOL you know that saying about learning alot about a person from the trash they throw away......the things we learn about people from the mail they receive.

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: February 14, 2010, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

I haven't even reached "poor retired mailman" status yet! I've got some rich people on my route.....maybe I need to start taking notes!

LOL you know that saying about learning alot about a person from the trash they throw away......the things we learn about people from the mail they receive.

I worked a lot of senior routes in Florida and in thier eyes the mailman was a God..SS checks once a month was very important to them..

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
              LAS VEGAS
              United States
              Member #47729
              November 22, 2006
              4494 Posts
              Posted: February 14, 2010, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

triggs & all indefigable US Postal carriers: we salute these messengers of the gods w/Herodutus

"Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night, stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."                                                       ~Herodotus, Circa 500 B.C.

(Inscribed on the General Post Office facility on 33rd Street and 8th Avenue in New York City.)

God Bless,

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

US Flag

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: February 14, 2010, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

I carried with ice on my eyebrows in Michigan and the burning hot sun in Florida..I never let any grass grow under my feet..I was a mule!!..Thanks edds...

NH
                  United States
                  Member #83352
                  December 5, 2009
                  223 Posts
                  Posted: February 14, 2010, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Didn't one lottery winner state he received 5000 pcs. of mail a day or week or something? If you don't have some sort of strategy to handle these types of people, they will take everything you have...

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: February 14, 2010, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Didn't one lottery winner state he received 5000 pcs. of mail a day or week or something? If you don't have some sort of strategy to handle these types of people, they will take everything you have...

Yeah the guy who won in Ky and moved to Fla had mail delivered to him addressed.: PowerBall winner some place in Fla..No name just PowerBall winner on the envalope..

Chicago
                      United States
                      Member #70678
                      February 8, 2009
                      889 Posts
                      Posted: February 15, 2010, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Thank you eddessaknight!

I hear alot of thru rain sleet or snow......and to think I used to deliver mail year round in my shorts.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: February 15, 2010, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

I carried with ice on my eyebrows in Michigan and the burning hot sun in Florida..I never let any grass grow under my feet..I was a mule!!..Thanks edds...

I appreciate all you guys do.

What I would really appreciate though, is if you would put my mail in my box and the neighbor down the road's mail in his box instead of vice-versa.

That would almost be like winning the lottery because it seems like the odds are against it happening very often.

Try to match those little numbers on the envelopes with the big numbers on the side of the mailbox.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: February 15, 2010, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

I appreciate all you guys do.

What I would really appreciate though, is if you would put my mail in my box and the neighbor down the road's mail in his box instead of vice-versa.

That would almost be like winning the lottery because it seems like the odds are against it happening very often.

Try to match those little numbers on the envelopes with the big numbers on the side of the mailbox.

That means we would have to learn how to read and that would be no fun..Just be happy you get mail,even if it's not your own..Play the numbers of the missguided mail..The PO managment don't care who's mail you get all they care about is how fast you can carry..Just think ridge runner if you would have been a postal carrier of all the wimins you would have aahem met..:)..Kinda clean that up..:)...

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                            Kansas
                            United States
                            Member #83963
                            December 19, 2009
                            347 Posts
                            Posted: February 15, 2010, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

That means we would have to learn how to read and that would be no fun..Just be happy you get mail,even if it's not your own..Play the numbers of the missguided mail..The PO managment don't care who's mail you get all they care about is how fast you can carry..Just think ridge runner if you would have been a postal carrier of all the wimins you would have aahem met..:)..Kinda clean that up..:)...

LOL! You're right. I used to work for the postal service. When we processed, they cared about how fast it got outta there, more than WHERE it went! I know half the people I worked with couldn't read. LOL  Boy, if I still worked there, I would be swamped with numbers to play.

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                              Kansas
                              United States
                              Member #83963
                              December 19, 2009
                              347 Posts
                              Posted: February 15, 2010, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Yeah the guy who won in Ky and moved to Fla had mail delivered to him addressed.: PowerBall winner some place in Fla..No name just PowerBall winner on the envalope..

I believe that. What people put on envelopes is crazy.

One time I saw a little kids' handwriting, and it was addressed to "grandpa", and just a city and state. It was so sad to have to reject it, but there was nowhere for it to go. Disapprove

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman