Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it better to quick pick or choose your own #s (PB and MM)?

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 7 years ago by scorpio.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1954 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2010, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Waiting to get lucky can take longer than a life time, sometimes you have to make your own luck.  If you had $50 to spend why didn't you cover every powerball?

I had $50 and just wanted to gamble. I wasn't too concerned with winning $3 or $7. I just wanted a my tickets quick. I didn't sweat not winning anything.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19830 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2010, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I had $50 and just wanted to gamble. I wasn't too concerned with winning $3 or $7. I just wanted a my tickets quick. I didn't sweat not winning anything.

With odds of winning something being 1:40 or better, the chances of winning something with $50 worth of tickets should have been pretty good, but I guess that's why they call it gambling.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1954 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2010, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

With odds of winning something being 1:40 or better, the chances of winning something with $50 worth of tickets should have been pretty good, but I guess that's why they call it gambling.

Ya. Even with $50 worth of tickets, the odds are still astronomical and I shouldn't expect to win much. I rarely play that much on the lottery on a single drawing. I had $50 to gamble with and decided to with Powerball. Plus, the jackpot was huge. I don't do much on the weekends entertainment wise. I don't feel guilty playing $5-$10 per drawing on the lottery because I that is money that other people spend on other things, like going to the movies, shopping, bowling, what have you. I play the lottery.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Ya. Even with $50 worth of tickets, the odds are still astronomical and I shouldn't expect to win much. I rarely play that much on the lottery on a single drawing. I had $50 to gamble with and decided to with Powerball. Plus, the jackpot was huge. I don't do much on the weekends entertainment wise. I don't feel guilty playing $5-$10 per drawing on the lottery because I that is money that other people spend on other things, like going to the movies, shopping, bowling, what have you. I play the lottery.

I thought you were developing a system.  I've been developing a system myself and if I was going to spend $50 on lottery tickets, I would try it over quick picks.  Admittedly I wouldn't have to buy $50 worth of tickets to test it on 50 lines but I would hate to test it on 50 lines and find out later that had I played them for real I would have won big so I only test it on lines I plan to play.

Evil Looking       

Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1954 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2010, 12:01 am - IP Logged

I thought you were developing a system.  I've been developing a system myself and if I was going to spend $50 on lottery tickets, I would try it over quick picks.  Admittedly I wouldn't have to buy $50 worth of tickets to test it on 50 lines but I would hate to test it on 50 lines and find out later that had I played them for real I would have won big so I only test it on lines I plan to play.

Originally I was using my system on Powerball, but the analysis that is performed is done on the numbers that are in the same pool, which is the system's strong part. The 5 white balls in Powerball's case. I had to completely rely on luck on getting the Powerball number. Since I want to win a jackpot, I figured I would convert it to a Pick 6 game. So now I use my system on Hoosier Lotto and since all the numbers are in the same pool, I can take full advantage of it. I do encourage making a system for any game though. If you wanna win Pick 6, Powerball, or Mega Millions, I encourage everyone to try and come up with their own strategy to win.

Also, anytime I'm printing lines to play and later decide I'm not going to play those numbers, I will get rid of them. Closing a window, deleting the output file, or shredding any paper I might have printed them on or wrote them to. That way I don't have to worry about looking up a few lines above the ones I decided to play just to find out one of the lines would have won the jackpot. Any sets I don't play, I get rid of.

Gonna win.Big Smile

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
            Dallas, TX
            United States
            Member #60284
            April 12, 2008
            3856 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2010, 1:51 am - IP Logged

If I were to choose the winning method be QP or personal picks, I will go with personal picks. There's a degree of respect for those who won big from their own digits.

United States
              Member #9579
              December 12, 2004
              2121 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2010, 10:15 am - IP Logged

one thing i would like to see is a list of all possible numbers.i don't care how big it is,then we could just mark off the numbers as they hit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2010, 10:39 am - IP Logged

one thing i would like to see is a list of all possible numbers.i don't care how big it is,then we could just mark off the numbers as they hit.

It's not that hard to write a loop that will print them all out if you don't mind using your computer and printer for a couple of days or you could just print them out to computer file.  It would probably be easier to use a program that would give you the index number of the combinations and just keep a list of the ones that had won which would list of less than 10K.

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #9579
                  December 12, 2004
                  2121 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2010, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

i don't think the lottery would like us doing that,as we'd have some control then.thanks,i guess the lottery must have this loop,and check off all the combinations we play,so we don't hit!

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                    Park City, UT
                    United States
                    Member #69864
                    January 18, 2009
                    993 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2010, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Well this story just happened to me.

I was in Memphis, TN on business last week.  I picked up some Powerball slips from local convenience store, and read the instructions on back that said you did not have to fill in all white balls that you could QP some of them.  So I ran my software and the numbers 07-08-18 came up strong.  So I bought 25 draws with those three numbers, and let the computer QP the other two white balls, and powerball for the 02/17/2010 drawing.  The results were 07-08-19-26-36.  I had 50 opportunities (25x2) for the computer to pick at least one number for the white balls to get 3+0 and was denied.  I had 25 opportunities for Powerball to get 2+1 and was denied.  So in the end I had 25 2+0 slips.  That is why I will never do QP's again.

Jimmy

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: February 23, 2010, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I was in Memphis, TN on business last week.  I picked up some Powerball slips from local convenience store, and read the instructions on back that said you did not have to fill in all white balls that you could QP some of them.  So I ran my software and the numbers 07-08-18 came up strong.  So I bought 25 draws with those three numbers, and let the computer QP the other two white balls, and powerball for the 02/17/2010 drawing.  The results were 07-08-19-26-36.  I had 50 opportunities (25x2) for the computer to pick at least one number for the white balls to get 3+0 and was denied.  I had 25 opportunities for Powerball to get 2+1 and was denied.  So in the end I had 25 2+0 slips.  That is why I will never do QP's again.

Jimmy

Yep, it's ALWAYS better to play your own numbers...especially when you understand how lotto works and what the numbers MUST do in accordance to where they currently are and where they're likely to go. A computer (QP) cannot do this and will actually increase your chances of losing in most cases. I learned too, Jim.

L.L.

United States
                        Member #9579
                        December 12, 2004
                        2121 Posts
                        Posted: February 23, 2010, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

yea,and if the predictors on lottery post hit like frequently,and i play all their numbers,they stop hitting.eight years ago when i retired back here,i bought qp's at a local store and won 3 outa 5.since then nothing,as though they locked that store out.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: February 23, 2010, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy

You do realize the terminal had only 5,560,464 combinations to pick a winner from while it had 189,688,590 combinations to pick a loser from?  That is 18285 to 536 in favor of picking a loser.  With those kinds of odds, it would have been hard for you to pick a winner and you have more brains than that terminal will ever have.

Evil Looking       

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                            MICHIGAN
                            United States
                            Member #65282
                            September 22, 2008
                            1992 Posts
                            Posted: February 23, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

try both if u have the cash, i like PB i try to get 2qp and 2 plays where i choose my numbers

don't forget the powerplays thats an extra buck

LIVE the LIFE you LOVE......LOVE the LIFE you LIVE

Bob MarleyCheers

United States
                              Member #9579
                              December 12, 2004
                              2121 Posts
                              Posted: February 23, 2010, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

i think you're forgetting that the computers are programmed by some lottery genius to take most of our money,but it's still fun.