Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Believe Math Can Win Any Pick 3 Lottery

Topic closed. 107 replies. Last post 7 years ago by sincor.

Page 3 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Kidzmom's avatar - cold
NC
United States
Member #11741
February 23, 2005
1233 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2010, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Here is a grid of 9 numbers that i came up with using the last 3 drawing.

8 3 6

6 2 4

1 2 5

Take the 1st column, 8,6,1.
What you do is see if there are any matches for those 3 numbers.

There is a 6 in column 3. So highlight both 6's. The 1st column. The numbers in front the 6 are 2 & 4, so you add them. Gives you 6. Take column 3. Underneath the 6 are 4 & 5, so add them too. That gives you 9. Now you take the 6 and the 9 and add, gives you 15. You dealing with single digit numbers, so 15 becomes 5. Are you all with me so far? 

i'M  with you so far...what's the rest?

Be kind to a stranger because you never know when you are talking to an angel.Blue Angel

KZM

new haven
    United States
    Member #77625
    July 28, 2009
    102 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2010, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Okay, column 2, this is a little tricky. Take 3, on the left and right. you have 6 & 8. That becomes 14 or 4., underneath the 3, you have a pair of 2's. That means they get combined with each other. Here is the tricky part. You subtract 6 & 4, which is 10, from 2. 10-2=8, 6-2=4. You take the 8 & 4, and subtract again, which give you 4. So the pair of 2's give you 4, and the 3 gives you 14 or 4. The answer is 4.

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
      NC
      United States
      Member #11741
      February 23, 2005
      1233 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

Okay, column 2, this is a little tricky. Take 3, on the left and right. you have 6 & 8. That becomes 14 or 4., underneath the 3, you have a pair of 2's. That means they get combined with each other. Here is the tricky part. You subtract 6 & 4, which is 10, from 2. 10-2=8, 6-2=4. You take the 8 & 4, and subtract again, which give you 4. So the pair of 2's give you 4, and the 3 gives you 14 or 4. The answer is 4.

So does that mean you would play:  8-4-4?  I  think I got a bit lost if that is not the way.

Be kind to a stranger because you never know when you are talking to an angel.Blue Angel

KZM

new haven
        United States
        Member #77625
        July 28, 2009
        102 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

No, I'm not finished yet. The 4 is the second digit. Basically, each column has 3 numbers. One way or another they all pointing to one number.

new haven
          United States
          Member #77625
          July 28, 2009
          102 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Okay, final column, which is a easy one. You are using the 6 again. In column one, you went from left to right. Now you are going right to left. In column 3, the numbers in front of the 6 are 8 & 3, which give you 11 or 1. Now right underneath the 8, you have the other 6, and right underneath that 6 is a 1. So the answer is 1. The winning number was 541. Any questions or comments?

mrcat60's avatar - batman14
            Seattle Washington
            United States
            Member #87683
            March 1, 2010
            15 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Okay, final column, which is a easy one. You are using the 6 again. In column one, you went from left to right. Now you are going right to left. In column 3, the numbers in front of the 6 are 8 & 3, which give you 11 or 1. Now right underneath the 8, you have the other 6, and right underneath that 6 is a 1. So the answer is 1. The winning number was 541. Any questions or comments?

Thank you badger42 for this information...I am leaving on a 4 1/2 hour flight to NC...will work on this math on the flight...and hopefully get closer to the future winning pick 3 number...Dance

" I do not seek, I find "

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Good thinking, badger42.  While I do not play any p3 (not even as a throw-away) I do appluad what you have uncovered.  Perhaps you will make a dime or two off it; I sincerely hope so. 

Got anything like this for a P5 game?

new haven
                United States
                Member #77625
                July 28, 2009
                102 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Have to crawl before you can walk. Taking one lottery at a time.

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
                  NC
                  United States
                  Member #11741
                  February 23, 2005
                  1233 Posts
                  Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I have to say that a lot of thought and time went into this method and it looks very promising. I will backtest it tonight for SC/NC. Thank you Badger42 for sharing your information with all of us.  I will let you know what I find out with the testing.

KZM

new haven
                    United States
                    Member #77625
                    July 28, 2009
                    102 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Well good luck to you with it.

spirit2010's avatar - Yavill
                      usa
                      United States
                      Member #87191
                      February 19, 2010
                      44 Posts
                      Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

good job badger42

im still trying to understanded just cant not get it maybe because my head hurts

but ill keep reading it

thank you

spirit

mrcat60's avatar - batman14
                        Seattle Washington
                        United States
                        Member #87683
                        March 1, 2010
                        15 Posts
                        Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

I have to say that a lot of thought and time went into this method and it looks very promising. I will backtest it tonight for SC/NC. Thank you Badger42 for sharing your information with all of us.  I will let you know what I find out with the testing.

Hi Kidzmom, I will be visiting your fine State tonight for 2 weeks....looking fwd to playing there...and testing the math...

" I do not seek, I find "

new haven
                          United States
                          Member #77625
                          July 28, 2009
                          102 Posts
                          Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Well i've been working on it for a little over a year, and i still run into snag from time to time. You will get it in time.

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Thanx for the reply.

I have a question. Below is a quote from you from your last step in the process.

"In column 3, the numbers in front of the 6 are 8 & 3, which give you 11 or 1".

You never use the above addition in your equation. You say 8&3 equal 11 or 1, but never use the "1". Is this step even neccessary? Because eventually you do use the "1", but not because of this equation, but because you go on to say...."Right underneath that 6 is a 1". That's how you use the "1". not from adding the 8&3.

Thanx.

new haven
                              United States
                              Member #77625
                              July 28, 2009
                              102 Posts
                              Posted: March 17, 2010, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

There was no addition necessary for that particular one. In column 3, the 6 in front of 11, and in column 1, the 6 is underneath 1. There no math need. The answer is 1. The reason is both 6's point to the same number.