Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fixed performance issue

Topic closed. 100 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jrosina.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2010, 9:46 am - IP Logged

I just renewed my Membership also TODD, Thank you!

Please I am asking  All my LP Family who are standar members and have been  enjoying this site for a while be good enough to upgrade their membership to at least goal.  Tiggs... get your trasero in and help out here!!

Hey Everyone, the next time you see Tiggs, He Will be Golden!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2010, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Hey Everyone, the next time you see Tiggs, He Will be Golden!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

Ask and you shall receive..GOLD it is..

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: April 3, 2010, 10:06 am - IP Logged

Tiggs!!!! Gold becomes you!!!!! I love you looking all golden Tiggs, wait until rd see you.. turn around of yeah Tiggs I like, I likeSmileThumbs Up

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: April 3, 2010, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Tiggs!!!! Gold becomes you!!!!! I love you looking all golden Tiggs, wait until rd see you.. turn around of yeah Tiggs I like, I likeSmileThumbs Up

Thanks jrosina..Maybe Gold will bring us luck..Gotta run see you later and "good luck"..:):)...

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
          A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4580 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2010, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Todd , Thank you for the reminder of cost and usage increases. May I suggest a review of some  ways to curtail and even be a win win.

1: Create a text character limit. This would save on such long and drawn out posts.

2: Create a log on timer.

In banking its done due to the high traffic. It  holds the account holder to get in, get it done and move on. They are then denied access for whatever time frame to keep the traffic flowing. Naturally as a paid subscriber there would be some perks to a lesser time frame from gaining access but still folks should be understanding that during peak times such needs to be compromised.

As the ecomomy changes and people find ways to curb the expenses one way is to re-assess some options and see if changing usage dynamics would aide.

Consider it food for thought....

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2010, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Todd , Thank you for the reminder of cost and usage increases. May I suggest a review of some  ways to curtail and even be a win win.

1: Create a text character limit. This would save on such long and drawn out posts.

In banking its done due to the high traffic. It  holds the account holder to get in, get it done and move on. They are then denied access for whatever time frame to keep the traffic flowing. Naturally as a paid subscriber there would be some perks to a lesser time frame from gaining access but still folks should be understanding that during peak times such needs to be compromised.

As the ecomomy changes and people find ways to curb the expenses one way is to re-assess some options and see if changing usage dynamics would aide.

TheGameGirl,  I think one real way to help immediately is for all Platinum and Gold to renew,  and Standard members to upgrade at least to gold; if just from a 3 month to 3 month basis right now! Especially Old Standard members,

Look, Tiggs who squeezes a dollar until the eagle screams, did it!! come on people get the plastic out or send the money order in!  Todd has too much class to cut our conversations! But it cost!  help remedy the situation right away!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: April 3, 2010, 10:54 am - IP Logged

TheGameGirl,  I think one real way to help imdediately is for all Platinum and Gold to renew,  and Standard members to upgrade to at least gold! if just from 3 month to 3 month basis right now!!!

Look, Tiggs who squeezes a dollar until the eagle screams, did it!! come on people get the plastic out or send the money order in!  Todd has too much class to cut our conversations! But it cost!  help remedy the situation right away!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23352 Posts
                Posted: April 3, 2010, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Thank you for posting your thoughts on this.

Unfortunately, the members who stay logged on for a long time don't really impact bandwidth, and things like the length of posts has no effect.

Lottery Post has earned extremely high positions in popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Ask, Bing, and others, across hundreds of keywords.  As such, millions of people seeking lottery-related information find Lottery Post.  That is a very good thing, but the result is very high bandwidth.

No Web site owner would ever keep a site going if it meant killing off that type of traffic.  It is what everyone wants, and few people achieve.

The end result of freezing people out would be that they go elsewhere, or else get very frustrated with the site.  If that were the case, I would not bother keeping the site open at all - it wouldn't be worth it.

In order to support the increasing traffic this year, you may have notice I added a few more advertisements.  That has definitely helped.  But unlike other lottery sites out there, you will not find 10 billion ads on every page.  I don't really like them, so I only include enough to help defray the costs of the site. 

I have even made it possible for premium members (members who support this site financially) to turn off all graphical ads, so they are even less bothered, and to show my appreciation for their support.

My message was not a dire cry out for help, but rather a reminder (which I do RARELY) that Lottery Post continues to operate based on the support of its membership, and every person can help a little by upgrading.

If you don't want to upgrade, that's your choice, and I respect it.  Nobody should feel coerced into upgrading.  My goal is to give so much value to premium members that they want to upgrade for that reason alone.  If I'm not meeting that goal, please let me know how I can.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: April 3, 2010, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for posting your thoughts on this.

Unfortunately, the members who stay logged on for a long time don't really impact bandwidth, and things like the length of posts has no effect.

Lottery Post has earned extremely high positions in popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Ask, Bing, and others, across hundreds of keywords.  As such, millions of people seeking lottery-related information find Lottery Post.  That is a very good thing, but the result is very high bandwidth.

No Web site owner would ever keep a site going if it meant killing off that type of traffic.  It is what everyone wants, and few people achieve.

The end result of freezing people out would be that they go elsewhere, or else get very frustrated with the site.  If that were the case, I would not bother keeping the site open at all - it wouldn't be worth it.

In order to support the increasing traffic this year, you may have notice I added a few more advertisements.  That has definitely helped.  But unlike other lottery sites out there, you will not find 10 billion ads on every page.  I don't really like them, so I only include enough to help defray the costs of the site. 

I have even made it possible for premium members (members who support this site financially) to turn off all graphical ads, so they are even less bothered, and to show my appreciation for their support.

My message was not a dire cry out for help, but rather a reminder (which I do RARELY) that Lottery Post continues to operate based on the support of its membership, and every person can help a little by upgrading.

If you don't want to upgrade, that's your choice, and I respect it.  Nobody should feel coerced into upgrading.  My goal is to give so much value to premium members that they want to upgrade for that reason alone.  If I'm not meeting that goal, please let me know how I can.

All I can say is wow!!! is this Class or what???

Okay people I am not been paid or asked to do this,  but get the plastic out!!! 

Tiggs my hat's of to you  and I saw one more person I asked go from white under their name to Gold!! looking good my Lp Family!!! Seriously I'm only asking because I like this site A whooooole Lot ask my son and my husband LoL!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: April 3, 2010, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs, the man with the trasero dorado.

I take back half of the bad things I've said about Kentucky.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                      Chicago
                      United States
                      Member #70678
                      February 8, 2009
                      889 Posts
                      Posted: April 3, 2010, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

All I can say is wow!!! is this Class or what???

Okay people I am not been paid or asked to do this,  but get the plastic out!!! 

Tiggs my hat's of to you  and I saw one more person I asked go from white under their name to Gold!! looking good my Lp Family!!! Seriously I'm only asking because I like this site A whooooole Lot ask my son and my husband LoL!!

OK Rosie you convinced me! I signed up for platinum!

I love this site LOL even though I haven't spent much time lately actually playing the lottery.

Todd thank you for allowing me access to this wonderful site regardless of my membership status!

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: April 3, 2010, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Ca-Dreamin*!!! Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Okay now. that's what I am talking about!!!!  Okay all Standards Drop your pants and take out the Plastic!!!  Remember the big wins?BananaPartyThe Todd man is who put up those little emoticons so that we could show joy when we won and wen we lost, Stop riding on the mans hard work for free!

So take out the wallets and send the money orders those who don't have the Plastic! I know you can do it! Don't let me start naming names...LoLoll

LP family much love to you allLovies

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: April 3, 2010, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs, the man with the trasero dorado.

I take back half of the bad things I've said about Kentucky.

ridge runner are you sober or what??..You know better then to log ionto Lottery Post sober..tiggs never knew ridge drank till he saw ridge sober once..

DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
                            PA
                            United States
                            Member #69849
                            January 18, 2009
                            15097 Posts
                            Posted: April 3, 2010, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I must say Todd being a Platnium has alot of good tools to work with..if I only knew how to use some of them...lol....There are things about it I really like that I can do things with..so for now I will stay a Platinum Member and hope that I can get the hang of them....and thanks for all that you do for us....

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: April 3, 2010, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

TheGameGirl,  I think one real way to help imdediately is for all Platinum and Gold to renew,  and Standard members to upgrade to at least gold! if just from 3 month to 3 month basis right now!!!

"Squeezes a dollar till the eagle screams"..Sweet..You my dear jrosina have no idea what tiggs gives with his money..Lottery is extra and if tiggs was to bust one big  someday more to give away..tiggs is not from TN tiggs is a giver from Detroit and Ypsilanti,Mi transplanted here in Ky..Praise the Lord...