Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fixed performance issue

Topic closed. 100 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jrosina.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2010, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Jrosina

Thank you for the reminder . Extended platinum subscription for 1 year

Learned every thing I know from Lottery Post and its members

So thank you Todd and everyone one else who has ever helped me out..

CarliG

Carlig!!!!! Oh my goodnes I wished everyone would take your step!    I think that would make Todd know that we truly appreciate him for all that he does to keep this site going!

I am telling you carlig, gratitude is shown with actions!  Don't tell me you love me, Show me!!!Smash    WTG Carlig!Thumbs Up

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
    Member #19043
    July 24, 2005
    7378 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2010, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Thanks for a Job Well Done,Its a pleasure to support this site 

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2010, 10:23 am - IP Logged

delores!!!! Thank you for coming in to score a touch-down for Todd and the Lottery Post!

Listen Rick G Has joyned this, He is doing a bang-up job He is offering All Lpers who updgrade or renew, numbers for their State!!! Who know you may even win; Rick is good!

So come on Lpers; show us that you are made of the Good Stuff and let's All turn Gold and Platinum, make this site so Prestigious Trump will have

to wait for a membership!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for posting your thoughts on this.

Unfortunately, the members who stay logged on for a long time don't really impact bandwidth, and things like the length of posts has no effect.

Lottery Post has earned extremely high positions in popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Ask, Bing, and others, across hundreds of keywords.  As such, millions of people seeking lottery-related information find Lottery Post.  That is a very good thing, but the result is very high bandwidth.

No Web site owner would ever keep a site going if it meant killing off that type of traffic.  It is what everyone wants, and few people achieve.

The end result of freezing people out would be that they go elsewhere, or else get very frustrated with the site.  If that were the case, I would not bother keeping the site open at all - it wouldn't be worth it.

In order to support the increasing traffic this year, you may have notice I added a few more advertisements.  That has definitely helped.  But unlike other lottery sites out there, you will not find 10 billion ads on every page.  I don't really like them, so I only include enough to help defray the costs of the site. 

I have even made it possible for premium members (members who support this site financially) to turn off all graphical ads, so they are even less bothered, and to show my appreciation for their support.

My message was not a dire cry out for help, but rather a reminder (which I do RARELY) that Lottery Post continues to operate based on the support of its membership, and every person can help a little by upgrading.

If you don't want to upgrade, that's your choice, and I respect it.  Nobody should feel coerced into upgrading.  My goal is to give so much value to premium members that they want to upgrade for that reason alone.  If I'm not meeting that goal, please let me know how I can.

Every one should take the time to really read, and understand what Todd is saying here! Lets not delay To Answer the call!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2010, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Many more here agree with you delores247!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2010, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Amen.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2010, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Amen.

We are asking for more members to say Amen!!  to Lottery Post, with their upgrade or renewal of memebership! Then just walk over to Rick G who will gladly give you some numbers for your State, some have already won from numbers he gave them!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Play-girl's avatar - yesnurse
                Atlanta, Georgia
                United States
                Member #84484
                December 29, 2009
                162 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2010, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

I Already Renewed 4 a Yr this Time.. But Anytime Todd, Anytime!!

**Almost Doesn't Count**

yyzena's avatar - mary
                  Cheektowaga, NY
                  United States
                  Member #88906
                  March 25, 2010
                  44 Posts
                  Posted: April 8, 2010, 9:49 am - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

I renewed my Platinum for 6 months .. this website is fantastic and I only wish I would've found it a long time ago!!

Thank you very much for all you do! :)

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: April 8, 2010, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

We are asking for more members to say Amen!!  to Lottery Post, with their upgrade or renewal of memebership! Then just walk over to Rick G who will gladly give you some numbers for your State, some have already won from numbers he gave them!!

Rosie, thanks for starting this drive!!!  Lot of gold and yellow showing up on the boards.

Cheers

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: April 8, 2010, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

Rosie, thanks for starting this drive!!!  Lot of gold and yellow showing up on the boards.

Cheers

Rick G you are trully a Gentleman.  Because  You know very well it would not gone this far but for you!! You  are keeping it Going! You are A good man! 

So Thank You Rick-G! Thumbs Up

Todd and the Lottery Post--deserve much more than this!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: April 8, 2010, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Cheers

Rick!!  there are more members committing to Upgrade I named then in your Post!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                          United States
                          Member #520
                          July 27, 2002
                          5699 Posts
                          Posted: April 9, 2010, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Rick!!  there are more members committing to Upgrade I named then in your Post!!!

Thanks for the pledges, folks!  Keep 'em coming, Rosie!

Drum

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: April 10, 2010, 1:02 am - IP Logged

There has been a performance issue lately that I'm sure some of you have noticed.  I've been doing some research into the issue, and I believe I have solved it.  (We'll see!)

The issue is related to the continuing increases in traffic that Lottery Post is experiencing.  Being the world's largest community of lottery players is awesome, but certainly a challenge.  It is actually stressing some network hardware limits at this point.

Fortunately, I have been able to change some things to handle all the extra load, at least for now.

One big down-side of the popularity of Lottery Post is the big increase in bandwidth costs I am seeing.  "Bandwidth" is something regular web users hardly ever hear or worry about, but owners of big web properties can fret about, because it can get so expensive. 

Think about it, from your personal perspective, if you were suddenly hit with an unexpected bill at the end of the month for $500, $1,000, or $2,000.  How would that impact your finances?  That is what it's like.

I want to thank everyone who helps to support this site by upgrading their membership to Gold or Platinum.  YOU are helping me to keep this site alive!

If you haven't upgraded your membership -- or if you haven't done so in a long time -- please consider upgrading today.

Todd, and fellow Lottery Posters,  so many are in agreement that this is the Best Lottery Site bar None....Yes!!   and they are saying it with Gold and Platinum!Smiley

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

NASHVILLE, TENN
                              United States
                              Member #33372
                              February 20, 2006
                              1044 Posts
                              Posted: April 10, 2010, 6:21 am - IP Logged

Okay, good people.  You have sufficiently shamed me into upgrading.  I am now GOLD.  And if you knew how much I had to scacrifice (is that spelling correct?) you would be applauding me.  I had to give up on extra cheese fries at McDonald and my Waffle House afternoon coffee break with chocolate pie.  I still get to go with the wife for coffee in the evening; that I will not give up for any internet site.  To go Platinum I will have to give up my subsciption to Bee Culture magazine.

Oh, by the way, this is bee branding time.  If any of you would like to volunteer, bee branding is easy once you herd them into that little corral.  Handling the branding irons might be tricky.  They're so tiny but still red hot.