Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you win the lotto, would you keep a secret from your family member.

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
ottawa. Ontario
Canada
Member #65758
October 5, 2008
400 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2010, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

lt depends how much l win.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4053 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2010, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

I'd probably tell my brothers Clyde, Buford, Verdell, Bubba, JimBob, Junior, Eustus, Malachi, Ferlin, Zebediah and Pee-Air but not my brothers LaMule, Festus, Clerow, LeeRoy, Delmont, Sylvester, Clem or my sister Birmingham (Hog Chops). They can't keep they mouth shut for nothin.

SmileyYou are kidding about having a lot brothers but i actually do have 10 brothers.

takeemtothebank

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

SmileyYou are kidding about having a lot brothers but i actually do have 10 brothers.

Remind me not to mess with you Tenaj OK?    Eek    Me and you tight.   Love

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
        san jose
        United States
        Member #53761
        July 20, 2007
        277 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2010, 12:12 am - IP Logged

My mother just said Lotto is for Loser and Lazy people after seeing the Mega Million ad on TV. I am dying to see her reaction when I hold the winning ticket in front of her face.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2010, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

SmileyLOL. Too True.

takeemtothebank

United States
            Member #85338
            January 13, 2010
            143 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2010, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I would consult with an attorney anonymously first. Go over the facts and what I truly want to do with this money (my objectives).  Ideally, I would like to not tell anyone, not because I don't want to share, I just don't want too many people to know.

Once this is done, I would (at the advice of counsel) let my parents and brother in on the news (they would have to sign confidentiality agreements).  As far as my children, nephews....they would benefit in some way, but they would not know.  I would not want them to grow up spoiled, feeling entitled or that they have money that can buy their way through life....The best thing about it is that they will face struggles and learning experiences that will teach them to be better people, and I will feel good to know that there is "safety net" that will help them when the time comes.

If one wants to study to be a doctor or a welder, or enter religious life, or be a writer there is a way that would enable them to pursue that path.

My biggest fear is if my children and nephews find out, they get spoiled and have no will or desire to pursue what will make them better people.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

My mother just said Lotto is for Loser and Lazy people after seeing the Mega Million ad on TV. I am dying to see her reaction when I hold the winning ticket in front of her face.

victor tiggs hopes you can do that..

Cape Coral, Florida
                United States
                Member #92258
                June 3, 2010
                1 Posts
                Posted: June 3, 2010, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

If your talking about a very large win..... the kind that puts your face on TV after you claim your prize then it's a mute point.

But if you won several hundred thousand then"No" I would not tell anyone outside of my spouse.

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: June 3, 2010, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

My dad is 81, and he would love to know, but he'd only blow most of the money on strip clubs. I'd tell him anyways cause it's his money and he can do whatever he wants to.

My older sister would hurt herself If I told her. She loves food too much and always wanted to do Pole Vaulting. I have to think about that one.

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: June 3, 2010, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Been there, done that. I learned the hard way 4 years ago. I responded to a thread of hers and wrote Janet, instaed of Tenaj. She was pissed.

Six days later, I got a knock on the door. There were 5 guys making believe they were from the Jehova's witness protection program. I didn't fall for it, but it was too late. I got my behind whipped.

What up Tenaj? ........Big Grin

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: June 3, 2010, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Been there, done that. I learned the hard way 4 years ago. I responded to a thread of hers and wrote Janet, instaed of Tenaj. She was pissed.

Six days later, I got a knock on the door. There were 5 guys making believe they were from the Jehova's witness protection program. I didn't fall for it, but it was too late. I got my behind whipped.

What up Tenaj? ........Big Grin

You and ridge should have a runoff some day..You could tell new and funny jokes and ridge could tell the same old stale ones..:):)...

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2010, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

most of my family dont want me playing lottery...If i was to tell them that i knew how to win the lottery they will not believe me...Is only like 1 or 2 that would believe me...To many people in the world it will not surprise me if it was half this world who believe that the lotto is GAMBLING IS TAKING YOUR MONEY AWAY and that the house NEVER LOSES which is true all i am saying if you went to people out there many will not believe you...There is religion also...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: June 3, 2010, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

most of my family dont want me playing lottery...If i was to tell them that i knew how to win the lottery they will not believe me...Is only like 1 or 2 that would believe me...To many people in the world it will not surprise me if it was half this world who believe that the lotto is GAMBLING IS TAKING YOUR MONEY AWAY and that the house NEVER LOSES which is true all i am saying if you went to people out there many will not believe you...There is religion also...

tiggs understands this post..

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: June 3, 2010, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

not just that but Many people see those ping pong balls colliding GOING AT FULL SPEED..And they say...There is no way IN THE WORLD you could crack it, win it..And is worse if you tell them is Powerball...lol...if you tell them is Pick3 or Pick4 there is a chance they MIGHT believe you...Yeah you can tell them you won Pick3/Pick4 but crack it...lol..Again they MIGHT believe you for pick3 and pick4...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: June 3, 2010, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

not just that but Many people see those ping pong balls colliding GOING AT FULL SPEED..And they say...There is no way IN THE WORLD you could crack it, win it..And is worse if you tell them is Powerball...lol...if you tell them is Pick3 or Pick4 there is a chance they MIGHT believe you...Yeah you can tell them you won Pick3/Pick4 but crack it...lol..Again they MIGHT believe you for pick3 and pick4...

pumpi pal your getting better..Keep it up..