Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Attention State Lottery Officials - Here's What The Players Want

Topic closed. 87 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jrosina.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2010, 12:33 am - IP Logged

As the world's largest lottery related website, Lottery Post is undoubtedly monitored daily by officials from the various state lotteries and indeed some are members here. They will be reading this thread. Use this thread to tell them what you want in your state lottery.

If it's a game you like or don't like, tell them. If there's something specific about a game you would like to see changed, tell them. If you want them to know what you think about computers, do it. If you have an idea for a new game, a complaint about anything, a compliment, a suggestion or anything else you'd just like to get off your chest about your state lottery, tell them right here. Also voice any issues or concerns you have about Powerball and/or Mega Millions if you care to.

Just name your state and tell them what you want them to hear.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tmead's avatar - IBM Watson_Avatar1.jpg
    NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90464
    April 28, 2010
    735 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2010, 12:43 am - IP Logged

We don't want pre-tests (tantamount to pure fraud).

We don't want computer-generated lotteries.

We don't want the employees pushing the button for the balls to come out on their own time and discretion.

That's all I can think of for now.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2010, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Ok. I'll go rdgrnr.

My state Idaho.

1.) Get rid of computer drawings and start using ball drawings and maybe have the drawings live on one of the channels.
      2.) Add a pick 4 game.
      3.) Get rid of the current pick 5 game and start over. I waited years for a pick 5 game. I wrote in asking the powers that be to add a pick 5 game to the line up and it is horrible. I'm sorry, but it is. It has bad odds and very low payouts. You have to pick 5 numbers out of 36 and the payout starts out at $20,000. Plus it only moves up a hunderd dollars or so each drawing and it costs $2 per line and is drawn twice in one night. They need to redo the game and make it simpler and have a better payout like other states game. I would play everyday, if they remade the game. I just want a simply pick 5 game with a decent payout for the odds that they offer. I never play. Not Ever. It's not worth spending 2 bucks on a game like that.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Winlotta's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
        Member #60014
        April 3, 2008
        735 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2010, 1:28 am - IP Logged

We don't want pre-tests (tantamount to pure fraud).

We don't want computer-generated lotteries.

We don't want the employees pushing the button for the balls to come out on their own time and discretion.

That's all I can think of for now.

Sounds accurate to me. Thumbs Up

We understand the states have their agenda, and we players simply want a fair playing field. Add to the list a daily online accounting of each lottery game's number of tickets sold and how much that game won statewide; that's a better employment of computer usage.

Patriot

`|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|`

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2010, 1:57 am - IP Logged

ThatScaryChick,

Gee, that is pitiful for a Pick 5.

Illinois used to be 5/30 and went to 5/39, big difference, but there have been jackpots of $1,000,000.

People wanted to get paid for hitting 2 numbers, so now 2 pays $1 (be careful what you wish for!), 3 pays $10 and 4 pays $100 and the jackpots are progressive.

When it was 5/30, if I remember right, the jackpot was a fixed $200,000 and 4 of 5 and 3 of 5 were pari-mutuel.

But for your state, 5/36 stafrting at $20,000 and progressing by hundreds is really weak.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #60947
            May 7, 2008
            313 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2010, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Ditto!!! Down with computerized drawings!!!Mad

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              42186 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2010, 7:05 am - IP Logged

1. get rid of the computors.

2. the amount of time you spend promoting your scratchers just before you draw the balls could be better spent drawing balls for the computorized games.

3.don't hand us the bs that it costs to much to do that because you spend millions in tv, radio, newspaper, and billboard ads, pay the tv station a little extra for the air time.

4.not all of can be in front of the tv at 7.30 , so make an effort to have the numbers put up on the website a little faster. 40 minutes is not exceptable.

5.have a player appreciation week where we can maybe get an extra 5 or 10

6. affordable raffles, $ 20 to $ 50 is to much a $10 is just fine.

HyperBe Happy.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2010, 7:28 am - IP Logged

TEN Lottery Officals...Please sell ridge runner a winnung ticket!!!..

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                  Member #88435
                  March 16, 2010
                  397 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2010, 7:41 am - IP Logged

I know in VA Cash 5 needs a better 4/5 prize instead of $100...needs to be like $500-$1000...just a thought.

$5 3/5

$500 instead of $100 4/5

$100,000 5/5

Works for me.

$1,000,000

krissy2's avatar - yocco

United States
                    Member #73055
                    April 4, 2009
                    150 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2010, 8:01 am - IP Logged

can anyone tell  me how to play lottery online and where i go to do this

Litebets27's avatar - power
                      Maryland
                      United States
                      Member #10465
                      January 14, 2005
                      6065 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2010, 8:37 am - IP Logged

As the world's largest lottery related website, Lottery Post is undoubtedly monitored daily by officials from the various state lotteries and indeed some are members here. They will be reading this thread. Use this thread to tell them what you want in your state lottery.

If it's a game you like or don't like, tell them. If there's something specific about a game you would like to see changed, tell them. If you want them to know what you think about computers, do it. If you have an idea for a new game, a complaint about anything, a compliment, a suggestion or anything else you'd just like to get off your chest about your state lottery, tell them right here. Also voice any issues or concerns you have about Powerball and/or Mega Millions if you care to.

Excellent topic rdgrnr.

Although my State, Maryland, has started a blog on it's web site, I do believe someone @ MDSL continues to monitor LP.

MDSL uses the ball system to pick all of it's games, but some how we all question the randomness. Are the pre-test being taped and run as if it's the true winning numbers when the computer that take in the bets have generated the intake of the money and numbers that have been played?

My biggest beef has been, 2 things;

1.) Airing the drawings on WBAL channel 11: I know they have the contract now, but what a crock of losers, boring, and talk about randomness. On the weekends, the drawings get aired when ever WBAL wants to air them, and I'm talking about night or day. Even their times schedule states....Sundays 8:22 or 8:30. Last night it didn't air at all.

2.) Stop funding the Raven Stadium, let them fund their own "GD" house. Give more to education or benefits for homelessness, cures for cancers or some worth while cause.

Thanks rdgrnr....nice thinking on this one.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                        Harrison Township Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #90088
                        April 21, 2010
                        4265 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2010, 8:43 am - IP Logged

State Of Michigan Mission Statement of the Bureau of State Lottery

• To maximize net revenues to supplement state education programs.
                        • To provide fun and entertaining games of chance.
                        • To operate all games and bureau functions with nothing less than total integrity.

Statement 1 above "To maximize" makes one wonder if statement 3 is TRUE.

Update Instant win, (Scratch-off) tickets and Terminals so we, the players can scan our ticket to see if it is a winner before handing it to the Store Clerk. It should have sound incorporated into the terminal and say "Your a Winner" or Play Music if you win.   

The Lottery's first terminal-based, instant win game, Lucky Lines seems to slow down the terminals. An update is needed here.

If there are Pre-Drawing tests make them available to players on the Michigan Lottery Web Site and the NEW Player's Club Web Site. Add a Players Forum so the PLAYERS can interact, to the Player's Club NEW Web Site.

Check out other States Lottery Web Sites and see all the Information they provide their players and Update Michigan's site, it's boring. ADD "Lucky Sum"  Make it more colorful.

And i would have to agree with Sully 16, Put the Numbers up on the Web site sooner.

And on Saturday or Sunday Just because there is a sporting event going on, or some PAID programming, the Drawings are not televised. On this Day and Age I see know reason why the drawings can not be streaming LIVE on the Web Site also.

That's All Folks.

CutlassBob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #86154
                          January 30, 2010
                          1654 Posts
                          Posted: May 31, 2010, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Good topic, 'ridge. I'm easy, too.

1) NO COMPUTER DRAWS

2) NO PRE-DRAWS

3) NO COMPUTER DRAWS

4) NO PRE-DRAWS...

FOR ALL STATE LOTTERIES...ALL THE GAMES!!! JUST TURN THE MACHINE ON, STEP BACK, AND LET IT RIP!!! 

You know, people, WE HAVE POWER here. If we simply STOP, or, at least SLOW DOWN on playing, and tell them why, they just might entertain these suggestions. The lotto industry operates around US. If no one plays...

L.L.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #17843
                            June 28, 2005
                            51255 Posts
                            Posted: May 31, 2010, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Of course you know: They'll do the opposite of what anyone says here! LOL!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8396 Posts
                              Posted: May 31, 2010, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Excellent topic rdgrnr.

Although my State, Maryland, has started a blog on it's web site, I do believe someone @ MDSL continues to monitor LP.

MDSL uses the ball system to pick all of it's games, but some how we all question the randomness. Are the pre-test being taped and run as if it's the true winning numbers when the computer that take in the bets have generated the intake of the money and numbers that have been played?

My biggest beef has been, 2 things;

1.) Airing the drawings on WBAL channel 11: I know they have the contract now, but what a crock of losers, boring, and talk about randomness. On the weekends, the drawings get aired when ever WBAL wants to air them, and I'm talking about night or day. Even their times schedule states....Sundays 8:22 or 8:30. Last night it didn't air at all.

2.) Stop funding the Raven Stadium, let them fund their own "GD" house. Give more to education or benefits for homelessness, cures for cancers or some worth while cause.

Thanks rdgrnr....nice thinking on this one.

Litebets27  said  Last night it didn't air at all.

It was aired i saw it.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.