Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Attention State Lottery Officials - Here's What The Players Want

Topic closed. 87 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jrosina.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2010, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

It's good to know that some of us @ LP feel the same way and that we are quite frustrated with the lottery shenanigans!!

Yes Dollar, ...LoL and don't be surprice if a lot of funny bunny numbers start to play, Just because of this thread!!! Or they I'll just Ignore our ***because  they know we will keep playing....and then again...we can keep our money!  

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Santa Ana
    United States
    Member #71159
    February 20, 2009
    651 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2010, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Yes Dollar, ...LoL and don't be surprice if a lot of funny bunny numbers start to play, Just because of this thread!!! Or they I'll just Ignore our ***because  they know we will keep playing....and then again...we can keep our money!  

Yes, it would be a great surprise, if at least some of the "funny bunny" numbers mysteriously hit all of sudden--then I can keep ALL OF MY WINNINGSWink

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2010, 12:40 am - IP Logged

I don't think they give a rat's behind about what we think. It's all about the bottom line. Nothing else.

It's a great topic, but it will fall on deaf ears. If every LP member and the guests stop playing the lottery for the next 5 years, they would still make a killing.

It's in their best interest to make winning as hard as possible.

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2010, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Yes, it would be a great surprise, if at least some of the "funny bunny" numbers mysteriously hit all of sudden--then I can keep ALL OF MY WINNINGSWink

ok, I take it you are the proud owner of some of the Funny Bunnies!!! In that case Win Dollar, Win Big!!! That Brings me JoYDrumDance 

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2010, 12:52 am - IP Logged

I don't think they give a rat's behind about what we think. It's all about the bottom line. Nothing else.

It's a great topic, but it will fall on deaf ears. If every LP member and the guests stop playing the lottery for the next 5 years, they would still make a killing.

you are right Joker, It would take the whole darn Country to stop Playing, but it can be done! with 6 degrees of separation in full effect. 

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10389 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2010, 3:07 am - IP Logged

Very true, joker17.  Not only very true but many discussions here at LP are proof that people are going to play, if not us, others.

We've had discussions here where it was pointed out that quite a few of the people who play quick picks play them because not only do they not know how to fill out a playslip, they don't even know they exist.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Milwaukee, WI
              United States
              Member #3131
              December 27, 2003
              665 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2010, 5:11 am - IP Logged

ThatScaryChick,

Gee, that is pitiful for a Pick 5.

Illinois used to be 5/30 and went to 5/39, big difference, but there have been jackpots of $1,000,000.

People wanted to get paid for hitting 2 numbers, so now 2 pays $1 (be careful what you wish for!), 3 pays $10 and 4 pays $100 and the jackpots are progressive.

When it was 5/30, if I remember right, the jackpot was a fixed $200,000 and 4 of 5 and 3 of 5 were pari-mutuel.

But for your state, 5/36 stafrting at $20,000 and progressing by hundreds is really weak.

I think that Illinois Little Lotto is nearly perfect.

1.  Starts @ $100,000. While you won't be rich it will change your life.

2. Jackpot increases nicely.        $100,000 first day  to $175,000 to $250,000 to $350,000 to $475,000 to $625,000

3.  lower prizes are nice too.

4.. Ping pong balls. No computer. Televised drawings

What more could you ask for?

Don't mess with it!

MarkP

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                4054 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2010, 6:19 am - IP Logged

We're gonna give em the benefit of the doubt one last time.

Only two ways to get this changed.

#1 everyone stops buying tickets until it is fixed. lotteries are having record sales

#2 Get it on the ballot in the next election. voted in by the people so I see no 

reason why we could not vote on how it is ran. Like, make a new law as to how

the lottery numbers are selected.

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2010, 11:49 am - IP Logged

TEN Lottery Officals...Please sell ridge runner a winnung ticket!!!..

I Agree!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2010, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Only two ways to get this changed.

#1 everyone stops buying tickets until it is fixed. lotteries are having record sales

#2 Get it on the ballot in the next election. voted in by the people so I see no 

reason why we could not vote on how it is ran. Like, make a new law as to how

the lottery numbers are selected.

I Agree!I would sleep on an extra long-line to get this vote in, and done!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2010, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I would like to see TN put in self-checking scanners in all locations so people that don't check their tickets themselves don't get ripped off by shifty clerks.

Also, the scanner should tell you how much you've won instead of saying "Winning Ticket - Check With Clerk" like some in other states do.

I trust most of these clerks about as far as I can backhand em.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: June 1, 2010, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I would like to see TN put in self-checking scanners in all locations so people that don't check their tickets themselves don't get ripped off by shifty clerks.

Also, the scanner should tell you how much you've won instead of saying "Winning Ticket - Check With Clerk" like some in other states do.

I trust most of these clerks about as far as I can backhand em.

I am for the Scanner that tells you how much you won,  Instead of the Clecks!!! Too many horror stories about those people!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5587 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2010, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I am for the Scanner that tells you how much you won,  Instead of the Clecks!!! Too many horror stories about those people!

They just did that in Md.  you scan it and tells you how much you won, or not a winner and if it has been paid.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                            Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5587 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2010, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I want them to outlaw calling out numbers to the clerks! If it ain't on a slip or written down GWTP.

(Git with the program)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19894 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2010, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Players want games that are easier to win but not so easy that their jackpots don't grow and larger amounts for the lower tiers wins.

Players don't want to have to work to support the lotteries, they want playing the lotteries and winning to support them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking