Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Attention State Lottery Officials - Here's What The Players Want

Topic closed. 87 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jrosina.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19821 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2010, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

It really is pitiful, Coin Toss. I love Pick 5 games and I and others from my state waited years to finally get the game and it's just bad. I wish they would look at what some other states are doing with their pick 5 game and follow their lead.

Even if your state looked at what other states were doing with their Pick5 games, they wouldn't likely copy them unless they had a similar market size for the game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Litebets27's avatar - power
    Maryland
    United States
    Member #10465
    January 14, 2005
    6065 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2010, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Litebets27  said  Last night it didn't air at all.

It was aired i saw it.

What time did they air the drawing last night.

It hurt me to watch channel 11, but, I changed to channel 11 @ 8:15 and watched until 8:30 and didn't see anything. Unless they ran it along  the crawl space and I looked away, I may have missed it then. I wasn't that interested in watching or hearing about the so-called Rockefeller kidnapping, so I may have looked away, but I was still listening for the numbers.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

Excellent topic rdgrnr.

Although my State, Maryland, has started a blog on it's web site, I do believe someone @ MDSL continues to monitor LP.

MDSL uses the ball system to pick all of it's games, but some how we all question the randomness. Are the pre-test being taped and run as if it's the true winning numbers when the computer that take in the bets have generated the intake of the money and numbers that have been played?

My biggest beef has been, 2 things;

1.) Airing the drawings on WBAL channel 11: I know they have the contract now, but what a crock of losers, boring, and talk about randomness. On the weekends, the drawings get aired when ever WBAL wants to air them, and I'm talking about night or day. Even their times schedule states....Sundays 8:22 or 8:30. Last night it didn't air at all.

2.) Stop funding the Raven Stadium, let them fund their own "GD" house. Give more to education or benefits for homelessness, cures for cancers or some worth while cause.

Thanks rdgrnr....nice thinking on this one.

Thank you Litebets27.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get a direct response from one of the lottery people right on this thread. It's happened to me before.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Illinois
        United States
        Member #80376
        September 25, 2009
        57 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

for the state lottos,  pay less of a huge jackpot and more $$$ IN LOWER TIER PRIZES.  Who needs say... $10 Million TO CHANGE LIFE OR GET HAPPY anyway.  Pay a $5 million and maybe at least 5   1mil prizes.   Or a total of 10 top prize,  each 1 mil.  You want huge jackpot, you play PB/MM.

NO COMPUTER DRAW. Random generators aren't random.

TRUE:    One lottery computer that generated "random numbers" was hacked by a Lotto Employee in China. He was only caught b/c he left clues, was a worker of China Welfare Lotto and won.    HE didn't know enough about RNG Computer to cover his  tracks,  , fingerprints, system  logs,  passworded login....  He won.  He manipulated computer.     Happened unknown # of times that made many crooks rich.

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
          fayetteville tn
          United States
          Member #68983
          January 3, 2009
          1829 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

For Tennessee get rid of Rebecca and hire Georgia's ceo and pay her what she wanted.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7297 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Ok. I'll go rdgrnr.

My state Idaho.

1.) Get rid of computer drawings and start using ball drawings and maybe have the drawings live on one of the channels.
            2.) Add a pick 4 game.
            3.) Get rid of the current pick 5 game and start over. I waited years for a pick 5 game. I wrote in asking the powers that be to add a pick 5 game to the line up and it is horrible. I'm sorry, but it is. It has bad odds and very low payouts. You have to pick 5 numbers out of 36 and the payout starts out at $20,000. Plus it only moves up a hunderd dollars or so each drawing and it costs $2 per line and is drawn twice in one night. They need to redo the game and make it simpler and have a better payout like other states game. I would play everyday, if they remade the game. I just want a simply pick 5 game with a decent payout for the odds that they offer. I never play. Not Ever. It's not worth spending 2 bucks on a game like that.

I did a double take when I read about Idaho's pick-5 because for years I played Ohio's Rolling Cash 5 where that jackpot starts at $100,000, rolls at least $10,000 more when its not hit, matching 4 pays $300, 3 pays $10, 2 pays $1, and the overall odds of winning any prize is 1 in 9. You can get better overall odds on scratch-offs but for those picking their own numbers with a chance to win over $100,000, 1 in 9 is about as good as it gets.

While I seriously doubt any lottery would rig their computer drawings for its own benefit, just the fact there is the possibility is reason enough to have live ball drawings.

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              fayetteville tn
              United States
              Member #68983
              January 3, 2009
              1829 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

For Tennessee get rid of Rebecca and hire Georgia's ceo and pay her what she wanted.

Rebecca i hope you read this.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Santa Ana
                United States
                Member #71159
                February 20, 2009
                651 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

As the world's largest lottery related website, Lottery Post is undoubtedly monitored daily by officials from the various state lotteries and indeed some are members here. They will be reading this thread. Use this thread to tell them what you want in your state lottery.

If it's a game you like or don't like, tell them. If there's something specific about a game you would like to see changed, tell them. If you want them to know what you think about computers, do it. If you have an idea for a new game, a complaint about anything, a compliment, a suggestion or anything else you'd just like to get off your chest about your state lottery, tell them right here. Also voice any issues or concerns you have about Powerball and/or Mega Millions if you care to.

Just name your state and tell them what you want them to hear.

You must have been reading my mind!!Wink I just mailed off a letter expressing the exact same thing to the CA Lottery and I totally agree with you. I don't know if they plan to answer it  but I thought I should voice my honest opinion as an avid lottery player in Southern California; at this point--it wouldn't hurt not too let them know!Smile

Santa Ana
                  United States
                  Member #71159
                  February 20, 2009
                  651 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

for the state lottos,  pay less of a huge jackpot and more $$$ IN LOWER TIER PRIZES.  Who needs say... $10 Million TO CHANGE LIFE OR GET HAPPY anyway.  Pay a $5 million and maybe at least 5   1mil prizes.   Or a total of 10 top prize,  each 1 mil.  You want huge jackpot, you play PB/MM.

NO COMPUTER DRAW. Random generators aren't random.

TRUE:    One lottery computer that generated "random numbers" was hacked by a Lotto Employee in China. He was only caught b/c he left clues, was a worker of China Welfare Lotto and won.    HE didn't know enough about RNG Computer to cover his  tracks,  , fingerprints, system  logs,  passworded login....  He won.  He manipulated computer.     Happened unknown # of times that made many crooks rich.

Yes, I agree, they should revamp it according to what is going on with the economy--pay less of a huge jackpot and more $$$ in lower tier prizes to allow more than one winner.

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

As the world's largest lottery related website, Lottery Post is undoubtedly monitored daily by officials from the various state lotteries and indeed some are members here. They will be reading this thread. Use this thread to tell them what you want in your state lottery.

If it's a game you like or don't like, tell them. If there's something specific about a game you would like to see changed, tell them. If you want them to know what you think about computers, do it. If you have an idea for a new game, a complaint about anything, a compliment, a suggestion or anything else you'd just like to get off your chest about your state lottery, tell them right here. Also voice any issues or concerns you have about Powerball and/or Mega Millions if you care to.

Just name your state and tell them what you want them to hear.

rd, this is really one of the Best Thread,  I have seen, since I have Joined LP!

It Speaks directly to the Issues we have, and the reasons we are LP Members!

They Play their game; we play ours ok,  They are our "friends" and In My Blog, I went as far as saying so!

But not if they don't Permit our Investment in the digits to pay-off!

I would love to see more LP Players, post their State and what they want, and really show the Lottery officials we are getting fed-up, with the Lottery shenanigans!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Santa Ana
                      United States
                      Member #71159
                      February 20, 2009
                      651 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Thank you rd for this great Thread!!!

NYC  and since I do have friends Living there also New Jersey!

To the Lottery Officials All of the Above!! and I would add;that you stop holding back numbers that are due longer than my son is old! Namely 3333 for 27!!!! years and 0000 18 years??!!!! ~  It's both fraud an insulting your clients in the worst way!

You actally believe they don't know what you are doing!  Come on 27 YEARS!!!!  and some you will not bring out at all???!!!

Stop paying people a pittance, for 4 numbers out of 5 in the Pick 5 games!

We ask you to stop it!   Stop with the insults to our inteligence and these unfair game practices tu New York City,  and especially to New Jersey!

Amen to that--I know the CA Lottery is basically doing the same thing!!!Unhappy

JAP69's avatar - alas
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #6
                        November 4, 2001
                        8790 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

South Carolina

$.25 wagers

Front and back pair wagers

quinto

WHATT

Santa Ana
                          United States
                          Member #71159
                          February 20, 2009
                          651 Posts
                          Posted: May 31, 2010, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

rd, this is really one of the Best Thread,  I have seen, since I have Joined LP!

It Speaks directly to the Issues we have, and the reasons we are LP Members!

They Play their game; we play ours ok,  They are our "friends" and In My Blog, I went as far as saying so!

But not if they don't Permit our Investment in the digits to pay-off!

I would love to see more LP Players, post their State and what they want, and really show the Lottery officials we are getting fed-up, with the Lottery shenanigans!

It's good to know that some of us @ LP feel the same way and that we are quite frustrated with the lottery shenanigans!!

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7297 Posts
                            Posted: May 31, 2010, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Even if your state looked at what other states were doing with their Pick5 games, they wouldn't likely copy them unless they had a similar market size for the game.

Remember when the Ohio Lottery marketing people decided players would like an online game similar to the popular Bingo $2 scratch-off and created Lot 'O Play? They thought the timing was perfect because Ohio had just joined Mega Millions and knew the Lotto volume of play would drop. What they didn't know was the volume would drop so low, the game wasn't worth having.

You're correct on market size and a good comparison is the Kentucky pick-4 game to the Ohio pick-4 game. In the last seven drawings KY has a drawing average payout of about $15,000 and Ohio's was closer to $100,000 so it's obvious Ohio has the much larger market.

Santa Ana
                              United States
                              Member #71159
                              February 20, 2009
                              651 Posts
                              Posted: May 31, 2010, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Know what? You have a good point here, and, they'd likely disregard any requests made by us. This is why there's power in numbers, and, if players could just come together COLLECTIVELY EVERYWHERE and CUT THE SALES, we'd have a much better shot at leverage.Thumbs Up

Remember, nobody likes their money messed with. In the end, the players don't need the lotteries but, the lotteries do, in fact, need the players. We've gotta get together on this thing!!

L.L.

Yes, I totally agree with you 100%Wink