Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Attention State Lottery Officials - Here's What The Players Want

Topic closed. 87 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jrosina.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7295 Posts
Posted: June 4, 2010, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

I am talking about the people that stand there and everybody thinks they're done and then BAM gimme' the 403 box fifty fifty tonight and tommorrow,  now lemmee see,  oh yeah gimme the triple 555's fifty cents tonight and tommorrow night , ohhhhhhh it sold out?  gimme' da 510 dollar dollar  tommorrow.... ad infintum........... then this: Maam'  that'll be seventeen fifty.  Whadda mean seventeen fifty?  Yes $17.50.  It is fiteen  fifty.................you made a MISTAKE...........................Let's see here now.....................oh oh yeah gimme the 112 for tommorrow night fifty fifty.........................

White Bounce

And the people that call out their lotto, PB, or MM numbers and and always one number short.

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
    Harrison Township Michigan
    United States
    Member #90088
    April 21, 2010
    4265 Posts
    Posted: June 4, 2010, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

I played $30.00 worth of Lucky Lines tickets here in MICHIGAN This evening, all easy picks, I wagered misc bets.

2 tickets for $1.00 wager.

2 tickets for $2.00 wager.

2 tickets for $3.00 wager.

2 tickets for $4.00 wager.

2 tickets for $5.00 wager.

Payback was Zip, Zero, Zilch, however you want to say it.

NOTHING LUCKY ABOUT THOSE LINES.

Oh but when players LOSE Schools WIN.

CutlassBob

P.S. I watched the Clerk Print them off and checked the time on the tickets.

P.S.S. Scrap This Game! I will never play it again.

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2010, 12:19 am - IP Logged

As the world's largest lottery related website, Lottery Post is undoubtedly monitored daily by officials from the various state lotteries and indeed some are members here. They will be reading this thread. Use this thread to tell them what you want in your state lottery.

If it's a game you like or don't like, tell them. If there's something specific about a game you would like to see changed, tell them. If you want them to know what you think about computers, do it. If you have an idea for a new game, a complaint about anything, a compliment, a suggestion or anything else you'd just like to get off your chest about your state lottery, tell them right here. Also voice any issues or concerns you have about Powerball and/or Mega Millions if you care to.

Just name your state and tell them what you want them to hear.

Show us the results of all your Pre-Test!!!Ponder

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2010, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Show us the results of all your Pre-Test!!!Ponder

I have nothing against four4me, who gave us a whole litany of reasons why the lottery officials are doing their Job, and that  it's ok for them to do 3,4,5,6,7,8 Pre-test before the actual game! and

I have to respectfully dissagree with Mr/Mrs?Ms. Lottery Official... Since you think this is so necessary, Please show us the clients;your clients who keep your business going, The results of the Pre-test. We have a right to see the Pre-test! !!     We are the Clients!!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2010, 9:48 am - IP Logged

As the world's largest lottery related website, Lottery Post is undoubtedly monitored daily by officials from the various state lotteries and indeed some are members here. They will be reading this thread. Use this thread to tell them what you want in your state lottery.

If it's a game you like or don't like, tell them. If there's something specific about a game you would like to see changed, tell them. If you want them to know what you think about computers, do it. If you have an idea for a new game, a complaint about anything, a compliment, a suggestion or anything else you'd just like to get off your chest about your state lottery, tell them right here. Also voice any issues or concerns you have about Powerball and/or Mega Millions if you care to.

I'd like to see NC players boycott the frequency of post and pre-test draws (sometimes up to 8).  I don't think it is that necessary to have so many.  At least question why there are so many.

takeemtothebank

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2010, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

I have nothing against four4me, who gave us a whole litany of reasons why the lottery officials are doing their Job, and that  it's ok for them to do 3,4,5,6,7,8 Pre-test before the actual game! and

I have to respectfully dissagree with Mr/Mrs?Ms. Lottery Official... Since you think this is so necessary, Please show us the clients;your clients who keep your business going, The results of the Pre-test. We have a right to see the Pre-test! !!     We are the Clients!!!!

Most state lotteries draw both the pick-3 and pick-4 games twice a day so if they run 8 pre-draw tests on each machine that could be up to 112 tests a day. If they use one machine with 3 or 4 containers, they are still making 64 test per day. I'm assuming the tests are made minutes before the actual drawing and the real problem to the players is we don't know if that number we loaded up on was drawn during the test.

From the lottery's point of view the test are run to insure that every combination has an equal chance of being drawn, but from the players point of view a combo drawn during the test is more unlikely to be drawn in the actual drawing based on statistics and probabilities. If the reason is to check if the machines are working properly, the best solution would be to use blank ping pong balls so no combinations are drawn. 

If the reason is check for a bias in the ball set, the test should be conducted right after the actual drawing and the results should immediately be posted on their website. The Texas Lottery does publish the test results so it's possible to analyze the affect if any on the actual test drawing, but again this is useless information if the players can't use it before the actual drawing.

The next best solution is "ignorance is bliss" where the lottery conducts their test but the results are never published.

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2010, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Most state lotteries draw both the pick-3 and pick-4 games twice a day so if they run 8 pre-draw tests on each machine that could be up to 112 tests a day. If they use one machine with 3 or 4 containers, they are still making 64 test per day. I'm assuming the tests are made minutes before the actual drawing and the real problem to the players is we don't know if that number we loaded up on was drawn during the test.

From the lottery's point of view the test are run to insure that every combination has an equal chance of being drawn, but from the players point of view a combo drawn during the test is more unlikely to be drawn in the actual drawing based on statistics and probabilities. If the reason is to check if the machines are working properly, the best solution would be to use blank ping pong balls so no combinations are drawn. 

If the reason is check for a bias in the ball set, the test should be conducted right after the actual drawing and the results should immediately be posted on their website. The Texas Lottery does publish the test results so it's possible to analyze the affect if any on the actual test drawing, but again this is useless information if the players can't use it before the actual drawing.

The next best solution is "ignorance is bliss" where the lottery conducts their test but the results are never published.

Stack47, I like The Blank Ping pong Ball Option,.... also the option of the test been drawn, right after the Actual drawing and the results immediately Posted on the States website!    However, for me Ignorance is just that "Ignorance" and it is far from bliss; thesefore it's not for me! 

I can see and hear the talk of many, so I can say unequivocally that it's not bliss for them either!  So with the utmost respect, we must say, that last option is not an acceptable option!Confused

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7295 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2010, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

"If it's a game you like or don't like, tell them."

If players don't like a game, they won't play it and the lottery officials will quickly notice the low volume and will either keep for those who do or drop the game.

There is a game that I would like to see added to any state lottery and that is Quinto that is offered in Pennsylvania. It's basically a pick-3 game on steroids where 5 sets of balls numbered from 1 to 0 are used. The payoff for matching all 5 digits straight is $50,000 and the box payoffs are proportional. What I like about the game is the added wagering features where a player can play front 3, back 3, front 4, or back 4 and get the same payoff as in the pick-3 and pick-4 games.

Idyllically the game would include every possible prop bet even including betting on any one of the digit positions with a payoff of $5 to $1. Bet on front 2 or 2nd and 4th positions and get back $50 to $1 or box either bet and get $25 to $1. Bet on the sum of all 5 digits or any 2, 3, or 4 digits. Bet on how many digits will be even/odd, high/low or any possible prop bet there is.

Short of adding a Quinto type game, lottery officials still should consider adding all the prop bets to their pick-3 and pick-4 games and pay them proportionally to the current wagers. If a player wants to bet a buck on the first digit being 0, why not just book the bet, payoff at $5 to $1 and still keep the 50 cents on every dollar wagered as they are currently?

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7295 Posts
                  Posted: June 10, 2010, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Stack47, I like The Blank Ping pong Ball Option,.... also the option of the test been drawn, right after the Actual drawing and the results immediately Posted on the States website!    However, for me Ignorance is just that "Ignorance" and it is far from bliss; thesefore it's not for me! 

I can see and hear the talk of many, so I can say unequivocally that it's not bliss for them either!  So with the utmost respect, we must say, that last option is not an acceptable option!Confused

Testing the equipment comes with the territory when we want live ball drawings and we certainly don't want any state lottery to have a reason to change to RNG drawings. So if they can't conduct the test and give us the results where it would be useful, we must rely on the next best thing.

State lotteriers that don't publish the test results are already in a state of "Ignorence is bliss" or "What they don't know can't hurt them".

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: June 10, 2010, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Testing the equipment comes with the territory when we want live ball drawings and we certainly don't want any state lottery to have a reason to change to RNG drawings. So if they can't conduct the test and give us the results where it would be useful, we must rely on the next best thing.

State lotteriers that don't publish the test results are already in a state of "Ignorence is bliss" or "What they don't know can't hurt them".

If players eventually have the results of all drawings including the test drawings, they should be able to figure if the test drawings really effect the official drawings.  Lotteries say their drawings are random but those who claim test drawings effect the official drawings must believe they aren't because it's combinations in the test drawings are unlikely to repeat in the official drawings.  Those players seem to forget the odds of a combination repeating is the same as it's coming up in the first place if the drawings are truly random.

As far as using blank balls, how is that any different than using balls with numbers and not recording them?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: June 10, 2010, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

If players eventually have the results of all drawings including the test drawings, they should be able to figure if the test drawings really effect the official drawings.  Lotteries say their drawings are random but those who claim test drawings effect the official drawings must believe they aren't because it's combinations in the test drawings are unlikely to repeat in the official drawings.  Those players seem to forget the odds of a combination repeating is the same as it's coming up in the first place if the drawings are truly random.

As far as using blank balls, how is that any different than using balls with numbers and not recording them?

RJOH, that is the purpose of the Blank Balls??!!, they will be nothing to record, They have no numbers???!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2010, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

RJOH, that is the purpose of the Blank Balls??!!, they will be nothing to record, They have no numbers???!!!

Is it true when you have Blank Balls you have to adopt?..Beddy byes time..Night night jrosina..

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2010, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Is it true when you have Blank Balls you have to adopt?..Beddy byes time..Night night jrosina..

...and then he comes up with jokes like these and you just have to shake your head and laugh!!!LoL...beddy bye...good night, pleasant dreams tiggs..my friend!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina