Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Attention State Lottery Officials - Here's What The Players Want

Topic closed. 87 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jrosina.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
23225 Posts
Posted: June 2, 2010, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Let the senior citizen *witness* draw the balls instead of the slick looking whipper snappers they use now, I don't trust them.

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2010, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I want them to outlaw calling out numbers to the clerks! If it ain't on a slip or written down GWTP.

(Git with the program)

I Agree!Oh my Goodnes Yes jarasan!!,  One of my Huge Peave,  and it's not  a " pet " Either, we keep and love pets and I have no love for this one!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7341 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2010, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

I want them to outlaw calling out numbers to the clerks! If it ain't on a slip or written down GWTP.

(Git with the program)

I'll use play slips when they add "multiple times" as an option. In Ohio I could put in the numbers, check "$1", "straight", and could get the same bet on up to 10 tickets just by running the slip once. In Kentucky if I want to play the same number 5 times, the clerk has to run the same ticket through 5 times.

I do see your point though because several times after making a simple request "give me 830 straight for a dollar 3 times and box it for a dollar 3 times", the tickets the clerk handed me were not what I asked. The process had to start over after the clerk canceled the wrong tickets and hopefully didn't screw-up a second time.

When I finally got the correct tickets, I kept my head down to avoid the angry stares from the long line that had formed behind me.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        Santa Ana
        United States
        Member #71159
        February 20, 2009
        651 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2010, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

ok, I take it you are the proud owner of some of the Funny Bunnies!!! In that case Win Dollar, Win Big!!! That Brings me JoYDrumDance 

Thank you so much and I certainly will let you know if my "funny  bunnies" win big--GOOD LUCK TO YOUBanana

Santa Ana
          United States
          Member #71159
          February 20, 2009
          651 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2010, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

I don't think they give a rat's behind about what we think. It's all about the bottom line. Nothing else.

It's a great topic, but it will fall on deaf ears. If every LP member and the guests stop playing the lottery for the next 5 years, they would still make a killing.

It's in their best interest to make winning as hard as possible.

Yes, you are correct-they may or might not care at the moment and they will continue to make a killing despite any of our suggestions, comments etc--However, CA Lottery usually has a survey on their website which they would like to know our suggestions of new games in the pipeline or suggestions to revamp existing games and this is a "voice" to let them know our suggestions--nothing more or less.  Unless we, as avid lottery players don't let them know how we really feel, they will just assume we are satisfied and then perhaps one or two of our comments or suggestions won't fall on "deaf" ears.

Santa Ana
            United States
            Member #71159
            February 20, 2009
            651 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2010, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

They just did that in Md.  you scan it and tells you how much you won, or not a winner and if it has been paid.

Providing the scanners are working properly; also, it doesn't hurt to look up the numbers on the website before giving it to the clerk as well.

dover delaware
              United States
              Member #4466
              April 26, 2004
              1195 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

My state  DELAWARE--most cheating state ever!!!!!!!!!!!

1-no computer draws

2-no cheating allowed

3-go back to regular balls

4-go back to live drawings

5- stop manipulating the computer--cause you know they do

6- stop saying they dont  but theres a person behing that computer and they can  be manipulated

lesonook

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: June 3, 2010, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I know in VA Cash 5 needs a better 4/5 prize instead of $100...needs to be like $500-$1000...just a thought.

$5 3/5

$500 instead of $100 4/5

$100,000 5/5

Works for me.

VA also needs to improve lower tier prizes on Win For Life since the top prize is seldom ever won and never increases anyway.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  41926 Posts
                  Posted: June 3, 2010, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Michigan must be listening, we got a $10 raffle coming out this month.

I was supposed to tell someone here when the next raffle was coming out , but I can't remember who it is.Unhappy

HyperBe Happy.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: June 3, 2010, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

I was supposed to tell someone here when the next raffle was coming out , but I can't remember who it is.Unhappy

Was it ridge?..He loves to travel to buy tickets..All they sell in Tn are losers,so he says..Maybe tiggs will travel to Tn and buy some lotto tickets there and cash in big time and show ridge there is a winner in town..Move over ridge here comes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggs...

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                      Northern Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #83350
                      December 5, 2009
                      1322 Posts
                      Posted: June 3, 2010, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I'm not from Colorado, but I would really like to see Colorado add a Pick-3 game (and possibly a Pick-4 game). A state lottery without a daily numbers game just does not make sense to me.

I would also like to see computer drawings be eliminated. They are not truly random, and they are not as entertaining to watch as balls jumping around in a machine. I remember well the day that D.C. switched from a ball machine to a computer. I lost interest in watching their drawings.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5587 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2010, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

I'll use play slips when they add "multiple times" as an option. In Ohio I could put in the numbers, check "$1", "straight", and could get the same bet on up to 10 tickets just by running the slip once. In Kentucky if I want to play the same number 5 times, the clerk has to run the same ticket through 5 times.

I do see your point though because several times after making a simple request "give me 830 straight for a dollar 3 times and box it for a dollar 3 times", the tickets the clerk handed me were not what I asked. The process had to start over after the clerk canceled the wrong tickets and hopefully didn't screw-up a second time.

When I finally got the correct tickets, I kept my head down to avoid the angry stares from the long line that had formed behind me.

I am talking about the people that stand there and everybody thinks they're done and then BAM gimme' the 403 box fifty fifty tonight and tommorrow,  now lemmee see,  oh yeah gimme the triple 555's fifty cents tonight and tommorrow night , ohhhhhhh it sold out?  gimme' da 510 dollar dollar  tommorrow.... ad infintum........... then this: Maam'  that'll be seventeen fifty.  Whadda mean seventeen fifty?  Yes $17.50.  It is fiteen  fifty.................you made a MISTAKE...........................Let's see here now.....................oh oh yeah gimme the 112 for tommorrow night fifty fifty.........................

White Bounce

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: June 3, 2010, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

I am talking about the people that stand there and everybody thinks they're done and then BAM gimme' the 403 box fifty fifty tonight and tommorrow,  now lemmee see,  oh yeah gimme the triple 555's fifty cents tonight and tommorrow night , ohhhhhhh it sold out?  gimme' da 510 dollar dollar  tommorrow.... ad infintum........... then this: Maam'  that'll be seventeen fifty.  Whadda mean seventeen fifty?  Yes $17.50.  It is fiteen  fifty.................you made a MISTAKE...........................Let's see here now.....................oh oh yeah gimme the 112 for tommorrow night fifty fifty.........................

White Bounce

ROFLGreen laughLOLROFL

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                            Harrison Township Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #90088
                            April 21, 2010
                            4265 Posts
                            Posted: June 3, 2010, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Ya, I can't wait. Love them Raffle's.

Awesome Thd rdgrnr, aka ridge. :)

Have a great night.

CutlassBob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                              Member #88435
                              March 16, 2010
                              397 Posts
                              Posted: June 4, 2010, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

VA also needs to improve lower tier prizes on Win For Life since the top prize is seldom ever won and never increases anyway.

Very true.

$1,000,000