Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratch Off Strategy

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 6 years ago by CarHauler.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
22939 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2010, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Golden Millions $20 ticket........... ticket #28 ($200), #29 ($20)........next pack #000 ($40).

Millionaire Monopoly $20 ticket..........#28 ($0), #29 ($0).  The retailer had post's of previous winners........all in the 20's.......nothing past #25 & no #22 winners eitherIdea

I still didn't see any lines or color codes but I'm still on the caseCool

I agree with you on the new games....most of them are teasers.....most of the time you wil is a free ticket (you get your $ back)........the fantastic 5's ($5) are great......got 1 ticket $100.

Golden Millions($20), Extreme Green($20), & Fantastic 5's($5) seem to be doing pretty ok right now.

Seem's like they may mix 1 good game in with the batch when they put out new games.....who know's.

Maybe we'll narrow it down if we keep our eye's open a compare notes.

lol trophie wife! that ticket number 022 is a curse. I would like someone, anyone to please post a winner on 022. I got one today...looked down

at the ticket number and lo and behold....022. I felt like throwing it away. Sure enough, nothing. When I win ANYTHING on ticket number 022,

I'll be shocked.

Ahh, interesting about the Golden Millions ticket..the end of the book, 2 in a row...ticket number 028 a $200 winner.

I had a $400 winner on a Monopoly ticket #029 and $1,000 winner on ticket #027 on the $3 Million Dollar Gold Nugget and an $80 win on the

Platinum Crossword (new ticket $5) ticket #058 (next to last ticket)

Now, where the big, big prizes are...I have yet to discover. Still searching but as soon as I find one, I'll let everyone know. That'll be a hot one.

I found the marks the OP is talking about....but no color code...I'm not sure what he means yet by that marking.

The lines are at the very edge of the ticket on the back - in the corners or along the bottom of the ticket. You have to look close because they

are right at the edge where the tickets tear off. It will be either a line on each corner like this: _ and then in the middle bottom edge of the ticket

too sometimes. The plus sign is more of an L at each corner. But I did not find the color codes on ANY! Maybe I'm blind...Confused

Speaking of the new games...I have convinced myself that the newest $20 ticket is junk. I won't be buying anymore of those....well, maybe, if

everything else is sold out.

Big Smile

GOOD LUCK AND CATCH A GOOD ONE!!

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    Miami
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    673 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2010, 2:13 am - IP Logged

Great tip, thanks! I'm gonna look into those patterns here in the FLA.

I don't know what it's like in PA, but here you don't get to look over a ticket before you buy it. You can either get them from a vending machine that spits 'em out or an annoyed clerk who's usually in a rush. You don't really get a chance to ask for the last one on the roll or the one with the special marks on the bottom.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Miami
      United States
      Member #62793
      July 9, 2008
      673 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2010, 2:35 am - IP Logged

Interesting...

The Lottery site has lists for winners of all games except for scratch-offs winners. Hmmmmm....

Isn't that public info?

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2010, 2:43 am - IP Logged

Do you think you could scan the tickets with and without the mark so I could know what you're talking about.

(insert signature here)

Miami
          United States
          Member #62793
          July 9, 2008
          673 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2010, 3:11 am - IP Logged

In FLA, more than 50% of sales come from scratch-offs. I had no idea.

FLORIDA
            United States
            Member #93473
            June 30, 2010
            68 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2010, 3:24 am - IP Logged

yea im in fla i like playing 1 thru 10 and numbers in the fiftys i have had a couple hundred on 59 and around there i like tresure hunter3$ and tresure grove$2 it seems like in florida if u buy 5 or ten losers in a row the clerk buys the next 2 or three anyway and thats in every gas station or 711

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1866 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2010, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to visiting here. It seems like a great resource.

I almost always play the $2 and $5 games. BlackJack, Goldrush Gush, $10K/Month for life, Fantastic 5s, the Crossword games, and Birthday Cash are favorites.

There's one thing I'll sometimes do: I think the rules say you can't have more losers in a row than 2.5x the game's odds. So when I can afford it, I'll buy 13 tickets. I don't do this often.

Everyone have a great 4th of July!

'

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1866 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2010, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I bought a BlackJack ticket today (ticket #145) that had a black ___ to the bottom right of the ticket number, that seemed to extend the length of the ticket. It was a loser. I assume that isn't what I should be looking for?

sarfi33's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #47504
                  November 8, 2006
                  133 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2010, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Hi dr65:

Bought a scratch off and yes it was number 22 and went right into the trash can. Should have check number will do from now on.

FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #93473
                    June 30, 2010
                    68 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2010, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

just yesterday i went in to my favorite lotto dealer and bought tickets 22 to 00 of treasure grove$2 in fl. ticket 22 was a 2 dollar  #11 was 2 #06 was 15 and #00 was 2 so i ended up losing about 20 bux going on a strategy that i thought would work thinking  the lower ten had better chances. has anyone had luck with this strategy in fla.?

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2010, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

In PA, Big Winner Spectacular seems to be a good game! Won $100 twice today from the same roll, ticket #8 and #9. Would people advise to playing the roll with the two big winners, or change to a different roll?

Have had terrible luck on BlackJack and Birthday Cash lately, so I'll keep going with the BWS game for now.

trophie wife's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg

United States
                        Member #93436
                        June 29, 2010
                        75 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2010, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

In PA, Big Winner Spectacular seems to be a good game! Won $100 twice today from the same roll, ticket #8 and #9. Would people advise to playing the roll with the two big winners, or change to a different roll?

Have had terrible luck on BlackJack and Birthday Cash lately, so I'll keep going with the BWS game for now.

Alright Matt!  That's darn good.  I've never won $100 back to back. I' have won $10 then $100 back to back though. I always hear about the $10 games having back to back winners. I don't play $2 game very often cause I never win much, but I do play birthday cash and my winners always seem to be in the 40's.

SE PA
                          United States
                          Member #93582
                          July 3, 2010
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: July 7, 2010, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, trophie wife! I played 3 more BWS tickets today, and 2 were losers, but the third hit for $100 again! I've gotten a lot of losers in a row on BlackJack, so I'll ride this streak. How many tickets are there in a BWS roll? I won on #93.

Also, thanks for the Birthday Cash tip!

Philadelphia, PA
                            United States
                            Member #91808
                            May 25, 2010
                            9 Posts
                            Posted: July 16, 2010, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Hey GM1258....I've only been able to find the list of PA winners on the PA lottery website.

Do you know if there is published list of the RETAILERS where the winning games were distributed?  Or are you just going by the town names of the winners from the PDF winners list for your traffic pattern distribution mapping?

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
                              Member #51269
                              April 3, 2007
                              529 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2010, 11:27 am - IP Logged

How in the world are you supposed to look for the _ at the back of the ticket?  Maybe you have x-ray and telescopic vision, but for us mere mortals it's impossible to see the back of any scratch-off ticket before purchase and even if we could, the tickets are too far away to notice that line.