Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you ever feel like the places you buy your tickets at are not places that would be likely to win?

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 6 years ago by hmyeahwhatever.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Where do you buy your tickets?

Liquor store [ 5 ]  [10.00%]
Gas station [ 17 ]  [34.00%]
Supermarket [ 7 ]  [14.00%]
Donut shop [ 1 ]  [2.00%]
Other [ 8 ]  [16.00%]
All of the above [ 12 ]  [24.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 50 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
CA
United States
Member #84266
December 26, 2009
410 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2010, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

So I've just been thinking about the places that I usually buy my tickets at and they all seem like places that are not likely to sell a winner. I don't know why but it's how I feel. I've bought tickets at all the places listed above and the liquor stores seems to be the best bet when it comes to having a winner. Whenever I see a CA winner it seems like they are always bought at a liquor store.

Lately I've been buying at a liquor store on my way to work in Hollywood but so far I haven't hit more than 1 or 2 numbers. Lol

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2010, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I don't think Idaho liquor stores sell lottery.  Here the big winners are usually sold at a convenience store IIRC.

I buy mine mostly at c-stores, and buy a few at a tobacco shop just because it's conveniently located.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2010, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

a good strategy for people who like quick picks is to: find the areas that have a lot of winners and pool for quick picks in those areas...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10388 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2010, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Most of our tickets are purchased in a supermarket but I've always got a hunch about a real huge jackpot coming from a real small liquor stor in a seedy neighborhood.

We have a convenience mart in the area on a busy highway and that store probably does more lotto business than anyone else around, but thus far no big winner.

Contrary to the OP, I don't feel anyplace is particularly unlucky, but some places indeed luckier than others.

If I was further north, nearer Chicago, I would only buy tickets in places with Pantry in their name.

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2010, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

It's the numbers that win, not the location they were sold.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
            Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2010, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Part of me always feels like I need to go out of my way to find some obscure store to buy numbers from but then I start thinking about how it doesn't really matter. People are buying and losing at those stores the same way people are buying and losing at other stores. It's all random.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2010, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

I never buy tickets from Marie Laveau's Botanica and House of Discount Voodoo.

I get bad vibes in that place.

I don't like the way she looks at me either, undressing me with her eyes and smiling and all like that.

Now that ain't right.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: September 16, 2010, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

I never buy tickets from Marie Laveau's Botanica and House of Discount Voodoo.

I get bad vibes in that place.

I don't like the way she looks at me either, undressing me with her eyes and smiling and all like that.

Now that ain't right.

Did you say her name was marie? Was her last name Wanna? Was it a botanical grow house?.....lol

baby

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
                  Jawja
                  United States
                  Member #87469
                  February 25, 2010
                  109 Posts
                  Posted: September 16, 2010, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

I generally favor establishments in areas where no one knows me, and  that I can walk to after I park several blocks away.  And yea, I do like liquor stores too, but I've found very few that meet my other criteria.

Be sassy and be happy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2010, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

I generally favor establishments in areas where no one knows me, and  that I can walk to after I park several blocks away.  And yea, I do like liquor stores too, but I've found very few that meet my other criteria.

I think you'd make a good secret agent. I think there's people following me too. They're professionals though. Everytime I spin around at the most unexpected moment, they're not there. Yeah, like that, these guys are good.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2010, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Did you say her name was marie? Was her last name Wanna? Was it a botanical grow house?.....lol

baby

Nah, never touch the stuff. I have touched corn squeezins on occasion though. Ain't none made in these here mountains no more though, no how, no way. And if there is I don't know nothin about it and I ain't got nothin to do with it neither. No how, no way.

--Edmund Burke

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
                        Jawja
                        United States
                        Member #87469
                        February 25, 2010
                        109 Posts
                        Posted: September 17, 2010, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I think you'd make a good secret agent. I think there's people following me too. They're professionals though. Everytime I spin around at the most unexpected moment, they're not there. Yeah, like that, these guys are good.

Well, I did do some PI spy work for an old girlfriend who was a divorce lawyer.  She defended a few drug dealers every now and then too.  But I wasn't too good at it.Surrender.  I digress.  Actually, in case I win the jackpot or any substantial prize,  I don't want my licnese plate to be on the store's camera.  Just another way for someone up to mischief to identify me.  And besides, I need the exercise.

Be sassy and be happy.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          23217 Posts
                          Posted: September 17, 2010, 12:37 am - IP Logged

I never got a winner to get happy about at the grocery store. I always had luck at the Indian smoke shop. They always sell the good ones.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                            Miami, FLA
                            United States
                            Member #62793
                            July 9, 2008
                            678 Posts
                            Posted: September 17, 2010, 1:51 am - IP Logged

I've been going to the same convenience store for the last few years. The owners are an elderly Indian couple, and I prefer getting my tickets from her because she's the friendly one of the two. I have it stuck in my head that only a happy clerk can sell a winning ticket.

Then again, the angry middle-easterners across the street sold a $15,000,000 winner in '97, so there goes that theory, lol!!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

CA
                              United States
                              Member #84266
                              December 26, 2009
                              410 Posts
                              Posted: September 17, 2010, 4:24 am - IP Logged

Most of our tickets are purchased in a supermarket but I've always got a hunch about a real huge jackpot coming from a real small liquor stor in a seedy neighborhood.

We have a convenience mart in the area on a busy highway and that store probably does more lotto business than anyone else around, but thus far no big winner.

Contrary to the OP, I don't feel anyplace is particularly unlucky, but some places indeed luckier than others.

If I was further north, nearer Chicago, I would only buy tickets in places with Pantry in their name.

Wink

I really don't consider any place unlucky but rather not likely to produce a winner.