Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think I lost a friend of 15 years.

Topic closed. 89 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Ohio
United States
Member #49980
February 21, 2007
34096 Posts
Posted: December 20, 2010, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

^5 CJR100

I have a friend, we both lost loved ones , and their birthday's are 727.

So, one day, I told him, I'm going to play the number for you and me.

It hit last year on Thanksgiving,  I had 4 tickets, str/box, for midday and evening,  2 for him, 2 for me.

Yes, it was my $4.00. 

I had the tickets laying under my laptop, someone called me and said, "your 727 came in, did you get it"?  I said, yes, 2 times, 1 for me, and 1 for my friend.

So , I won $800.00.  because, I played the number twice, but, I gave him a ticket and I had a ticket.

He tried to give me half when he cashed it,, but, I said, "NO",  that's your ticket, I played it for you, I have my ticket.

"Do the Right Thing"

Good Luck. 

That's right, MzDuffle that is a True Friend for you. I would of did the samething. Played it Both times for us Both.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: December 20, 2010, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

You should give her something at last what she said 100 $. Is not of her being selfish is something that we call respect. she helped you and you need to show gratitude for it.

Well here is my story, i was recently in grossery shop where i am paying my lotto ticket every time. The guy infront of me was buying scratch tickets and i said to him take yellow bing and luck wil be on your side. He did take it and leave. 

I was traveling for a week and when i came back the clark in the shop gave me an envalop. I find inside 500 $ and thank you note from the guy. First i did not even remember who the person was till shop owner told me that guy won on yellow bingo ticket 25.000 $.

But then for the end, money change people.

My question is how much would you give her if you would hit jackpot ?

Good thing the clerk was honest, too. (I'm guessing the envelope was sealed) Wink

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Vancouver
      Canada
      Member #99832
      November 1, 2010
      16 Posts
      Posted: December 20, 2010, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Good thing the clerk was honest, too. (I'm guessing the envelope was sealed) Wink

yes it was :) Well some people are still honest :)

Well i just think that friendship is worth more then a jackpot on the end of the day .... Coz once money is spent you stay empty hands... and i think ods of finding a real friends are much higher then wining a jackpot :)

dingo's avatar - lottery of-birth.jpg
        San Jose, California
        United States
        Member #42003
        June 26, 2006
        206 Posts
        Posted: December 21, 2010, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Hi Dingo,

i get your point, but point in the story was not how much i got. I told to stranger that i met in shop to pick up a ticket, there was no cotract or neither we are or we were friends before and neither he did not ask me which ticket to pick.

going into his story is a friend and when friend helps you out or make you happy, rich whatever someone wanna call it should the respect for it.

Now looking into my story he was strange and he did find and efort to go back and say thank you, i am not saying he did not gave me enough or anything the point is he was a stranger and i was a stranger to him and he show a respect.

Considering he ask for numbers is far to give something more then a 20 $ bill.

Jcyvr,

I guess all lottery players have their way of saying thank you to those help picking their winning numbers. For me, considering my culture and educational background (accounting), I would not expect my parents sharing their winning just because I have helped them buy tickets or pick numbers. Although I know they will take care of me, I don't expect that. It is their money. They take risk. All I do is helping just like buying something or grocery on my way to supermarkets.

I think culture and educational background affect people's behavior towards lottery winning. For example, last week my brother travled to Oregon, I gave him $10 to buy Powerball because California doesn't have it. I asked him what would him expect if I hit the jackpot. By the way, I did not win. He answered, "Nothing." He said if he had expected dividend from my winning then he would have to pitch in money in case I lost. I guess that gene run in our family. In addition, he is also studying accounting, so he understands the concept of investment and property entitlement.

Seriously, I don't want to break relationship with my families. Therefore, I play with my money; I don't ask for numbers; I don't promise anything except buying my parents a house. My be I should stop asking my families and friends buying ticket for me when they go to Powerball states. Nevertheless, deep down inside I want to share my winning with my families.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
          The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95879
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2010, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

She gave her 20 dollars and I totally disagree with you ...    She didnt have to give her anything .   Very sweet of her to take them to dinner and give her 20 dollars..   People are just GREEDY !!!!

I agree with you temp

This is why I only buy lotto for my wife and myself....I have thought about buying scratch-offs for friends for gifts and such, but decided against it... There is always that "what if" factor..

What if your friend won a jackpot on a scratch-off that you bought, it would be a hard thing to handle. 

Lotto = solo game only

Anywhere
            United States
            Member #74754
            May 19, 2009
            45 Posts
            Posted: December 23, 2010, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

I haven't been here in months because I have been cutting back on the lottery.  I've been only playing the Mega Millions when it goes over $100 million(like now).

Money really make people two-faced. This is why I'm worried what will happen if I actually won a huge jackpot prize.

On November 30, I was helping my friend, a single mother of one kid, go grocery shopping.  After we were done, I told her that I was going to buy a Pick 3 lottery game and I wanted her to pick the numbers.  She picked her daughter's birthday, 7-19-2004 (719).  I wagered $1.50 and won $750!!!!  I paid off my electric, gas and rent bill for that month.  I also gave her $20 for picking the numbers.   2 days later, I took her and her daughter to a nice, upscale restaurant on my tab and I thought everything was dandy...WRONG.   We decided that I would buy some premium whiskey(Jack Daniels Single Barrel) and we would drink it at her house and watch a movie.  After a few drinks, she started to get irritated about something and I asked her what was wrong.  She told me that I should have given her at least $100 for picking the numbers.  At that point, I thought to myself about all of the unfortuanate jackpot winners like Jack Whittaker and the Floridian Jackpot winner was shot and killed shortly after a jackpot win.

To make the story short, we argued about it for 30 minutes even though I know I didn't do anything wrong.  I've known her for 15 years; she was so nice and sweet.  After I won that money, which is all gone already, she had a devil in her and she drastically changed.  It seemed like she was some machine and couldn't help being two-faced. 

Winning that $750 didn't make me two-faced at all. All I did was pay my bills, treated her and her daughter out to dinner and gave her some money for giving me the numbers. 

It's hard to trust human beings.  The human brain is so dang complex..especially when it senses money.....it's amazing....Thumbs Down

I dont remember how I stumbled on the lotterypost site. I am really an ametuer on the internet. I really thought everyone here was trying to help everyone win some money. Share there knowledge in how to win . I have not found anyone that is willing to do that on this post. Everyone does not have a lot of money to play twenty or thirty dollars in the lottery every day.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5588 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2010, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

I dont remember how I stumbled on the lotterypost site. I am really an ametuer on the internet. I really thought everyone here was trying to help everyone win some money. Share there knowledge in how to win . I have not found anyone that is willing to do that on this post. Everyone does not have a lot of money to play twenty or thirty dollars in the lottery every day.

Well if you are basing your opinion that no one here helps others to win only on this thread, you are an amateur. Check out some of the other forums before you pass out judgment that no one will help.

There are a lot of ideas and people that share their knowledge. You just have to look.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2010, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Well, granny, start reading ALL the threads that pertain to the lottery games you want to play.  You can find old posts and new posts and other information by searching - the Lottery Post search tool is in the blue drop-down menu at the top of each page.  Click Resources and you will see "Search For Something"

If you are interested in Lottery Systems, there is a forum for that.  In the menu on the left side of each page, Click Forums.

Also, do not post something that is off-topic in a thread, such as you have here.  Your comment does not pertain to Smooth Juice and his friend.  Start your own thread.

THAT is help.  This is not a classroom, not many will take you by the hand and baby you.  Eventually you will have experience through trying everything here.

Anywhere
                  United States
                  Member #74754
                  May 19, 2009
                  45 Posts
                  Posted: December 23, 2010, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

You see that is what I am talking about. I really am not educated on how to utilize this thread. I dont know how to go to other threads or forums. No harm intended. Glad to get a response from someone.

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: December 23, 2010, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

You see that is what I am talking about. I really am not educated on how to utilize this thread. I dont know how to go to other threads or forums. No harm intended. Glad to get a response from someone.

http://www.lotterypost.com/forums

lottobrain's avatar - box
                      Smyrna, DE
                      United States
                      Member #10074
                      January 1, 2005
                      125 Posts
                      Posted: December 23, 2010, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Wow...At least you gave her $20.00. So many people have HIT off  numbers I have given them .And All I got was  "hey that number you gave me came out THANKS"  or "Thanks for the number ---what  are you playing today"Smile But I never expected any thing from them --just passing on a blessing.

Years ago I was working in construction and after work I would go to the local doughnut shop to have coffee and a couple of doughnuts and study my lottery charts for 3 digit, trying to decide on numbers to play that night. One day I had thought it over and decided that the number that night would be either 934 or 943.  The boyfriend of one of the ladies that worked there came in and saw me working on my lottery charts and asked me what the number was going to be that night.  I told him my 2 choices.  Lo and behold, 943 came out straight that night and I won $250.  The next afternoon, the boyfriend came back in and said I was right on with that number and that he had won $290 on a straight/box ticket.  Do you think he offered to give me $10 bucks....or to pay for my coffee and doughnuts.....no....he just wanted to know what I thought the number would be that night!  I told him I hadn't figured it out yet, and of course I never gave him another number, tho I didn't let the situation get to me....just laughed inside.

In a situation like we are discussing here and the the basic circumstances, I would have had to give the lady at least $250 since it was her number and a very special number.  If I needed $750, then I would have had to play one more .50 ticket.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
                        hotatlanta
                        United States
                        Member #70664
                        February 8, 2009
                        1446 Posts
                        Posted: December 23, 2010, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

My granddaughter who was four at the time told my father to buy a scratcher off he did, and won some

money he bought her a jump rope she was mad, because she felt that he should have given her the money to buy what she wanted. She felt that he wouldn't have won had she not told him to buy the ticket. I gave him his

first hit on the pick3, and he took credit for coming up with the number, so I never tell him if i hit he  will wants to know why I didn't give it to him. Will he give you a number"no" he all for himself. I give numbers all the time

and I don't expect payment Thank You works for me. I think your friend was mad after the fact, because

she took the dinner, and the liquor if she had a problem with you she should have spoken up. You ask her

for a number, and she gave it to you I really don't think she expected you to win. The next time you ask for a number from a friend who is with you it would be wise for you to tell them to play it also are buy an extra ticket.

If that friend complain that you had more money than me I say cut that friend out of your life. The moral of this

story is my granddaughter felt he didn't share are give her a choice as to what she wanted.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                          Pittsburg, Ks
                          United States
                          Member #3382
                          January 17, 2004
                          80629 Posts
                          Posted: December 25, 2010, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

People were asking about the other foot. Would the friend have given smmoth juice $20? Would the friend taken smoothjuice to dinner? would the friend have paid smoothjuice bills?

God Bless America

US Flag

United States
                            Member #81339
                            October 16, 2009
                            20 Posts
                            Posted: December 25, 2010, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

A True friend would share more than 20 dollars.  what a cheap ass.  especially if she picked the umber for you, <snip>.  she prolly didnt even need the dinner.  but thats just for you.

if my friend wouldve given me a number and I won, I would split it half without thinking.  thats true friendship for you.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                              Chicago
                              United States
                              Member #70678
                              February 8, 2009
                              889 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2010, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Ok I'm late to the party but I'll give my 2 cents.......

Whatever you coulda, shoulda, woulda you know the saying "Hindsight is 20/20"  You did what you felt was right and I know I'm going against others here when I say this BUT.....

For your friend to enjoy an evening with you and then let it out that you should of given her $100 dollars and still refuses to speak to you......GOOD RIDDENS!!!!! That isn't a true friend! I doubt "she drastically changed".  Have you ever had anyone tell you "you never really know a person 'till you live with them"??? HAHAHA there's a reason for saying that!   Oh boy so much more I could say here but I won't!

I'm always leary of picking out numbers for someone else cause I feel bad when they lose but if they won....sorry but I would NEVER expect ANYTHING from them.

Don't be so hard on yourself! Life goes on and if your friend chooses to act this way.......that's her loss!

And just one last comment.......

No one here knows YOUR current financial situation and the fact that your friend receives food stamps, child support etc. doesn't necessarily mean she is somehow struggling more than you. (And yes I've been there and I've also seen way too many people cheat the system)

I haven't bought a lottery ticket in a long time but if and when I do I prefer to buy them by myself, and I'd choose my own numbers because I already have too many headaches : )

Just get me thru this so called life......