Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where's rdgrnr ?

Topic closed. 169 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 4 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
22944 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2011, 2:25 am - IP Logged

I don't know what to say.

Let me be honest. I didn't like him. And I still don't like him. He somehow represented the bigoted, xenophobic side of American mind to me. And I am not a big fan of Survivalist movement. I just want to be a law-abiding citizen who pays the honest tax and send my kids to college to become useful and helpful members of the society who would make good friends with good, hardworking people.

That guy, represented everything that I am against. Anti-government, anti-immigrant, anti-social, isolationist bigot.

For a while I've been studying US history, and learned that something in this country make some people really, really isolated from others and be really strange. Commune-based life is not an American character, I am afraid.

There are a lot of things that I want to say, but I don't want to spend any more time in this topic and words can't describe how I feel.

You don't have to like him, that's your choice. There are plenty of people that do like him. I'm one of them. Too bad you felt the need to write

the garbage you just did. Flame the fire and pour gasoline on it along with it. You've turned compassion, caring and concern by more than quite

a few posters into a post about what's wrong with America today. rdgrnr isn't what is wrong, he is actually what is right. You didn't have to agree

with everything he wrote but at least he had the guts to write it.

Be who you want to be, don't concern yourself with something you don't like when it doesn't directly affect you. If you think it does, think again.

The day you have the freedoms you are satisfied with, accustomed to and expect to take advantage of taken away is the day you might not

feel the way you do right now. You are as bigoted as you claim he has been in the past.

In my opinion, your signature smells as bad as your post. Patriotism is as far removed from conversation as you will ever understand. Your so

called Survivalist movement wouldn't dream of sitting around exchanging a bunch of hot air...they have quite a bit more of real Patriotism in

their little finger than any fast talking, smooth conversationalist, government brainwasher ever will. That is exactly the reason people like rdgrnr

are moved to react the way they do, talk is cheap. If you want to be in this country, then do something for it beside divide it.

Entertaiment Capital
    United States
    Member #37800
    April 19, 2006
    302 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2011, 2:48 am - IP Logged

You don't have to like him, that's your choice. There are plenty of people that do like him. I'm one of them. Too bad you felt the need to write

the garbage you just did. Flame the fire and pour gasoline on it along with it. You've turned compassion, caring and concern by more than quite

a few posters into a post about what's wrong with America today. rdgrnr isn't what is wrong, he is actually what is right. You didn't have to agree

Be who you want to be, don't concern yourself with something you don't like when it doesn't directly affect you. If you think it does, think again.

The day you have the freedoms you are satisfied with, accustomed to and expect to take advantage of taken away is the day you might not

feel the way you do right now. You are as bigoted as you claim he has been in the past.

In my opinion, your signature smells as bad as your post. Patriotism is as far removed from conversation as you will ever understand. Your so

called Survivalist movement wouldn't dream of sitting around exchanging a bunch of hot air...they have quite a bit more of real Patriotism in

their little finger than any fast talking, smooth conversationalist, government brainwasher ever will. That is exactly the reason people like rdgrnr

are moved to react the way they do, talk is cheap. If you want to be in this country, then do something for it beside divide it.

The demographic seems to be correct about lottery players. I did a quick research and the result is rather unpleasant. Basically people from every walk of lives play lottery. But the enthusiasts are...

Those self-proclaimed American patriots are nothing but ignorant xenophobic jingoists. A real patriot is a conversationalist, not a pitbull.

United States
      Member #104970
      January 23, 2011
      24 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:33 am - IP Logged

Let me be honest. I didn't like him. And I still don't like him. He somehow represented the bigoted, xenophobic side of American mind to me. And I am not a big fan of Survivalist movement. I just want to be a law-abiding citizen who pays the honest tax and send my kids to college to become useful and helpful members of the society who would make good friends with good, hardworking people.

That guy, represented everything that I am against. Anti-government, anti-immigrant, anti-social, isolationist bigot.

For a while I've been studying US history, and learned that something in this country make some people really, really isolated from others and be really strange. Commune-based life is not an American character, I am afraid.

There are a lot of things that I want to say, but I don't want to spend any more time in this topic and words can't describe how I feel.

that's cold, hommie. Forget about what some group he represented in your mind. We're talking about a human being here.

Entertaiment Capital
        United States
        Member #37800
        April 19, 2006
        302 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:42 am - IP Logged

that's cold, hommie. Forget about what some group he represented in your mind. We're talking about a human being here.

It would be lucky if we won't hear about a shootout between Feds and an old survivalist in Tennessee from a national news someday.

Well, in real life I never met a person like him. Most people I know simply want to live a peaceful and happy life, getting along with neighbors an friends and such. Sure, I've heard about some extreme cases of non-social people. But they usually have some psychological issue.

Rdgrnr, honestly, is a puzzling enigma to me. And when I told my friends "I know of a survivalist.", their reactions were no less than being surprised.

It is an objective fact that he has/had no love for the society and immigrants. And the poster above me seems to be pretty anti-immigrant, too. Well, I don't have to prove anything but I realized that such kind of bigotry is the fuel for me to succeed in this country. I want to make it big as an immigrant, just because I faced such bigotry.

cheryl59's avatar - center
          Va Beach
          United States
          Member #46651
          September 20, 2006
          1858 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2011, 7:09 am - IP Logged

Maybe a fire started in his bathroom and spread to his home?..Let's hope he's ok..We miss you ridge wherever you are..

Those who truly know him,  know where he is.... Be safe.

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40550 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2011, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Thank you dr65, I miss my friend. sadness

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2011, 8:48 am - IP Logged

If you have been studying US history you are using the wrong resources.  Study September 11, 2001.  Then you will understand why there are "survivalists" and "anti-government" types.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2011, 9:33 am - IP Logged

If you have been studying US history you are using the wrong resources.  Study September 11, 2001.  Then you will understand why there are "survivalists" and "anti-government" types.

Rick, you beat me to it.....lol

Ambelamba just wants to live peacefully in La La land.....

In a few years when the  Gestapo really clamps down, I'm sure ambelamba's nice peacefull cozy world will shatter and he'll be running for the hills too....

Some people think the Government can do no wrong.

Also, I believe Ridge was against illegal immigrants. Who isn't?.... 

NASHVILLE, TENN
                  United States
                  Member #33372
                  February 20, 2006
                  1044 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2011, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Rick, you beat me to it.....lol

Ambelamba just wants to live peacefully in La La land.....

In a few years when the  Gestapo really clamps down, I'm sure ambelamba's nice peacefull cozy world will shatter and he'll be running for the hills too....

Some people think the Government can do no wrong.

Also, I believe Ridge was against illegal immigrants. Who isn't?.... 

Evidently Ambelamba is against legal immigration and for illegal immigration.  I wonder what other illegal activities he/she is for or against? 

Bank robbery?  Probably for unless his/her bank is the one being robbed.

Rape? Probably for unless the rapist hits close to home.

Murder?  Probably for unless the murderer lives on his/her same block.

Capital punishment?  Probably against unless the victim is a member of his/her family.

But this thread is about Tennessee Ridge Runner and where he might be.  If I had his address, I would drive over to East Tennessee (two hours at best) and get the facts.  I am afraid something dreadful has happened.  He has been gone too long.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

"rdgrnr isn't what is wrong, he is actually what is right."

Feel free to believe that his politics are what's right, but he himself certainly didn't strike me as an example of what's right. Early on we had exchanges where he presented reasonable and cogent statements about his argument. As time went on I saw less and less of that and more and more vitriolic hyperbole, including claiming that some with a different opinion were traitors. If I had a ticket for every time he called somebody a libtard I'd probably have won a jackpot, and with some of his posts I could only imagine him sitting there red-faced and sputtering all over his keyboard as he typed. Unless your argument is really unfounded you should be able to suport it with reasoning and factual statements. I'd say an apparently increasing inability (or dislike) to present your argument without  being rational and civil is definitely one of the things that's wrong nowadays.

I appreciated some of his humor, and maybe some of what he displayed was just part of the persona he chose to present here, but the tone I saw in many of his posts represents part of the uglier side of politics and debate in contemporary society. I recall somebody else's post  that may have suggested that he had some health issues. In all honesty, if he had hypertension or cardiac problems some of his posts make it very easy for me to imagine him having a stroke or heart attack while working himself up over some issue. Perhaps time will tell, and we'll hear actual news one way or another.

"If you have been studying US history you are using the wrong resources.  Study September 11, 2001.  Then you will understand why there are "survivalists" and "anti-government" types."

Speaking of using the wrong resources, surely youseen some that mention Timothy McVeigh? You know, the anti-government zealot responsible for the worst terrorist attack in the US prior to 9/11. FWIW, his execution was on 6/11, exactly 3 months before the WTC attack. The anti-government  and survivalist types were around long before he came along.  I'm curious why you would single out the WTC attack in order to understand those them.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7314 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2011, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

"I don't know what to say."

I was taught if I didn't have anything nice to say about someone not here to defend themselves, to say nothing at all.

Nothing you said about what you dislike about rdgrnr is about lottery topics. There are probably many LP members I would totally disagree with their political views but doesn't mean I won't read their opinions on playing lottery games or laugh when they say something funny. I'm pretty sure Todd is across the room right of me, but that doesn't stop me from saying LP is the best lottery website on the net.

Rdgrnr uses lots of humor, satire, and lampooning playing the role of his carefully crafted persona. He is also very knowledgeable about lottery games and started many interesting lottery topics. I didn't single out his posts for my laugh of the day, but he certainly provided me with many. It obvious from this thread and the ones like it that many members miss reading his posts and I'm betting you miss reading his posts you disliked.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49784 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2011, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

Obviously: You two were close... See Ya!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10353 Posts
                          Posted: January 26, 2011, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Some people posting in this thread need to recognize "good ole American redneckin'" when it's being done. Or are the only people allowed to rant anymore long haired bed-wetting tree hugging left leaning liberals with posters of Che in their rooms?

I'm sure if rdgrnr was posting he'd put this here. Ridge, this one's for you:

Hank Thompson - Rednecks, White Socks And Blue Ribbon Beer

There's no place that I'd rather be than right here
                          With my red necks, white socks and blue ribbon beer
                          The barmaid is mad 'cause some guy made a pass
                          The juke box is playin' there stands the glass
                          And the cigarette smoke kind-a hangs in the air
                          Red-necks, white socks and blue rib-bon beer
                          A cow-boy is cussin' the pin-ball ma-chine
                          A drunk at the bar is get-tin' noisy and mean
                          And, some guy on the phone says ill be home soon dear
                          Red-necks white socks and blue ribbon beer

CHORUS:
                          No we don't fit in with that white collar crowd
                          We're a little too rowdy and a little too loud
                          With my red-necks white socks and blue ribbon beer
                          The semis are passing on the highway outside
                          The four thirty crowd is about to arrive
                          The sun's go-in' down and we'll all soon be here
                          Rednecks, white socks and blue ribbon beer
                          REPEAT CHORUS
                          With my red-necks, white socks and blue ribbon beer

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                            FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: January 26, 2011, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

"rdgrnr isn't what is wrong, he is actually what is right."

Feel free to believe that his politics are what's right, but he himself certainly didn't strike me as an example of what's right. Early on we had exchanges where he presented reasonable and cogent statements about his argument. As time went on I saw less and less of that and more and more vitriolic hyperbole, including claiming that some with a different opinion were traitors. If I had a ticket for every time he called somebody a libtard I'd probably have won a jackpot, and with some of his posts I could only imagine him sitting there red-faced and sputtering all over his keyboard as he typed. Unless your argument is really unfounded you should be able to suport it with reasoning and factual statements. I'd say an apparently increasing inability (or dislike) to present your argument without  being rational and civil is definitely one of the things that's wrong nowadays.

I appreciated some of his humor, and maybe some of what he displayed was just part of the persona he chose to present here, but the tone I saw in many of his posts represents part of the uglier side of politics and debate in contemporary society. I recall somebody else's post  that may have suggested that he had some health issues. In all honesty, if he had hypertension or cardiac problems some of his posts make it very easy for me to imagine him having a stroke or heart attack while working himself up over some issue. Perhaps time will tell, and we'll hear actual news one way or another.

"If you have been studying US history you are using the wrong resources.  Study September 11, 2001.  Then you will understand why there are "survivalists" and "anti-government" types."

Speaking of using the wrong resources, surely youseen some that mention Timothy McVeigh? You know, the anti-government zealot responsible for the worst terrorist attack in the US prior to 9/11. FWIW, his execution was on 6/11, exactly 3 months before the WTC attack. The anti-government  and survivalist types were around long before he came along.  I'm curious why you would single out the WTC attack in order to understand those them.

"Speaking of using the wrong resources, surely youseen some that mention Timothy McVeigh? You know, the anti-government zealot responsible for the worst terrorist attack in the US prior to 9/11. FWIW, his execution was on 6/11, exactly 3 months before the WTC attack. The anti-government  and survivalist types were around long before he came along.  I'm curious why you would single out the WTC attack in order to understand those them."

Not sure what your point is.  9/11/01 was just one example.  No single event "started" anti-government sentiment.  I could go back to 1786 with examples.  "Survivalism" is nothing more than preparedness.  If a solar flare takes out the electric grid, the "anti-survivalists" will be standing in line at the survivalist's door for help.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Monkey Butt, USA
                              United States
                              Member #54569
                              August 23, 2007
                              1124 Posts
                              Posted: January 26, 2011, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

hey harve$t, we have had some good conversations, and my mom died Dec 16th.  My Birthday.   and today is a hard day, been thinking about her all morning. and then i come to lottery post and read this and everybody has a mom, and mine was wonderful. 

i hope ridge shows back soon, his sense of humor was funny and i enjoyed it.  i know he struck alot of nerves sometimes but in the end he never really meant any harm.   

if you still have your mom hug her big, or just call her.

Dec. 16th means a lot to me also because......

1. It was my grandma's birthday......<I miss her a lot and she's been gone almost 10 yrs>

2. Two years ago I was blessed with 10 pounds of QUEEN BEE bliss...... And I do mean she is a diva-fied QUEEN BEE. She was supposed to be born on Dec. 3rd but decided to exit the womb on Dec. 16th.

3. So when you think of this day remember GOD made sure that there were a lot of special people entering the world to make up for the great loss on this day. You, yourself are one of the great deposits of Dec. 16th.

Page 4 of 12