Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 10:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Scratch-off Discussion

Topic closed. 680 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lenkame.

Page 18 of 46
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #109882
April 21, 2011
158 Posts
Posted: April 25, 2011, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Thats bad. 

Whats the most you have lost in 1 day ?

ny
    United States
    Member #88765
    March 22, 2010
    319 Posts
    Posted: April 25, 2011, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

wow with the money we are losing jada....i think it proves that the ny lottery sucks...........maybe its time to cut down a bit or take another break lol........o man.........

United States
      Member #109882
      April 21, 2011
      158 Posts
      Posted: April 25, 2011, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

wow with the money we are losing jada....i think it proves that the ny lottery sucks...........maybe its time to cut down a bit or take another break lol........o man.........

i hear that the funny thing i also put 300 bucks into the sweet million today so if i lose ill be out almost a grand today i dont want to cut down i need a big win to even back up im thinking i made back 675 from the scratchers today im going to add 325 and buy 2 more set for life books what do you think brothdan?

Adrift's avatar - natureavatars
        Long Island
        United States
        Member #108824
        March 31, 2011
        51 Posts
        Posted: April 26, 2011, 3:36 am - IP Logged

I have never lost 6 in a row on the $30 ticket from what I remember. I think my biggest losing streak (keep in mind I buy this ticket often) was 2 tickets. 

Not trying to get personal here, but I must ask what you do for a living to be losing $500+ almost everyday? It'd be one thing if you had a previous $5K win or something and you're spending profit, but it seems like you just keep losing, buying, losing etc.

James: The NY scratch-offs are actually not bad, they have the highest jackpots and decent odds at winning small prizes from $25-100. Sometimes those small wins help me make $20, 30, 40 profits which isn't bad. The downside is the astronomical odds at hitting something like $500-5,000. Though having travelled a lot and buying scratch-offs in different states, I can say NY is one of the best.

United States
          Member #109882
          April 21, 2011
          158 Posts
          Posted: April 26, 2011, 5:52 am - IP Logged

I have never lost 6 in a row on the $30 ticket from what I remember. I think my biggest losing streak (keep in mind I buy this ticket often) was 2 tickets. 

Not trying to get personal here, but I must ask what you do for a living to be losing $500+ almost everyday? It'd be one thing if you had a previous $5K win or something and you're spending profit, but it seems like you just keep losing, buying, losing etc.

James: The NY scratch-offs are actually not bad, they have the highest jackpots and decent odds at winning small prizes from $25-100. Sometimes those small wins help me make $20, 30, 40 profits which isn't bad. The downside is the astronomical odds at hitting something like $500-5,000. Though having travelled a lot and buying scratch-offs in different states, I can say NY is one of the best.

you dont have to be rich to have a gambling problem lol.I lose and lose but i havent bought rolls before today in weeks.I been telling you guys since last week i was going to buy the rolls when i get the funds.I decided to go for it and  lost 600 bucks but hey once i put 700 dollars on a single mega million drawing and ownly made back 21 bucks so atleast i made back half lol.Which also give me enought for a roll and 200 worth of more tickets for me.I dont think ill play the 30 ticket anymore i lost 150 bucks with 6 tickets and i usually buy these and never make any profit ever.I rather save my money now for when i go to south beach in the summer and buy multiple books over there like 8 to ten since there odds are better.Me and brothadan are singing the losing blues

ny
            United States
            Member #88765
            March 22, 2010
            319 Posts
            Posted: April 26, 2011, 7:48 am - IP Logged

i hear that the funny thing i also put 300 bucks into the sweet million today so if i lose ill be out almost a grand today i dont want to cut down i need a big win to even back up im thinking i made back 675 from the scratchers today im going to add 325 and buy 2 more set for life books what do you think brothdan?

i think the odds for set for life is harder to win.....but sometimes i think the odds doesnt matter.....either way they print millions of losing tickets.....its if the lucky winners are sent to the place you buy lottery from at the right time...if you believe and feel something from the roll, then go for it jada....but for me my bills have been piling up badly lol...let me know the results if you buy them...good luck man

United States
              Member #109882
              April 21, 2011
              158 Posts
              Posted: April 26, 2011, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

i think the odds for set for life is harder to win.....but sometimes i think the odds doesnt matter.....either way they print millions of losing tickets.....its if the lucky winners are sent to the place you buy lottery from at the right time...if you believe and feel something from the roll, then go for it jada....but for me my bills have been piling up badly lol...let me know the results if you buy them...good luck man

i only play after my bills have been cleared ill let you know how it goes

United States
                Member #109882
                April 21, 2011
                158 Posts
                Posted: April 26, 2011, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

even after my disappointing losses yeaterday over 600  bucks in tickets and 280 bucks in sweet million {i made back 20 in sweet million} i have 726 dollars back from the 1500 wasted yesterday.I just added 274 to complete 1,000 so now i have enough for 2 more books of set for life or anyone want to recommend a book for me?

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #104435
                  January 14, 2011
                  2244 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2011, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

even after my disappointing losses yeaterday over 600  bucks in tickets and 280 bucks in sweet million {i made back 20 in sweet million} i have 726 dollars back from the 1500 wasted yesterday.I just added 274 to complete 1,000 so now i have enough for 2 more books of set for life or anyone want to recommend a book for me?

You should try a $20 book. Arent the odds better on those ?

2014 Highest Winner: $500

ny
                    United States
                    Member #88765
                    March 22, 2010
                    319 Posts
                    Posted: April 26, 2011, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

go for a roll of the $10 richer and a $10 set for life

Adrift's avatar - natureavatars
                      Long Island
                      United States
                      Member #108824
                      March 31, 2011
                      51 Posts
                      Posted: April 26, 2011, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

I know it would be annoying, but I strongly suggest buying a roll of either $10 cashword or bingo, it may be worth the effort.

United States
                        Member #109882
                        April 21, 2011
                        158 Posts
                        Posted: April 26, 2011, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

i decided to take a break today i didnt think scratching 2 rolls make my hands hurt.The cashword and bingo sounds good but i refuse to scratch that many one by one thats a big hassle.The 3 million dollar richer doesnt look as good to me as it did 2 weeks ago probably since a jackpot and 3 second prizes were sold.The 20 dollar book has a guarentee in a roll of 335 dollars on a 1,000 dollar roll.I cant take my chances on those.Im going to buy 2 rolls tomorrow of set for life.I only wasted 30 bucks today on the mega million and take 5 combined .I got to cut back on my spending or the wife will get upset im wasting our vacation money lol.Thanks to all for the inputs i really feel like ny has to come out with newer games more often than once every 6 months.They come out with 5 dollar games and 2 dollar games every month it seems but the big tickets ten and up once a year it seems.

United States
                          Member #109882
                          April 21, 2011
                          158 Posts
                          Posted: April 27, 2011, 11:41 am - IP Logged

today i  will travel to a unusual place and buy a 2 books of set for life

United States
                            Member #107231
                            March 3, 2011
                            28 Posts
                            Posted: April 27, 2011, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

I finally broke my week-long losing streak. Picked up a $10 richer, won $20. Got another two Richers, won $25. Grabbed two Set For Life, and a Money for Life. Won $10 on Money for Life and $10 on the Set for Life. Got two Magnificent Millions after that, won $20. Got two Set For Life after that, won $25. 

So once again, throwing around the same $20-25, but played over 12 tickets.

United States
                              Member #109882
                              April 21, 2011
                              158 Posts
                              Posted: April 27, 2011, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

just finished scracthing my first roll of set for life and i got 365 bucks out of that roll for a lost of 135 will start the other roll now

Page 18 of 46