Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Scratch-off Discussion

Topic closed. 680 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lenkame.

Page 12 of 46
PrintE-mailLink
Adrift's avatar - natureavatars
Long Island
United States
Member #108824
March 31, 2011
51 Posts
Posted: April 24, 2011, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

So you can win up to $1 MM per year for life ? daaaaaannnnnnngggggg

Has anyone ever won top prize before ?

Yes two people have, one from syracuse and one from a retailer two minutes from house. It's a gas station thats in an upper class area, you would least expect that kind of winner to be there. Plus the guy was an investment banker form England, so he dodged federal/state taxes and receives roughly 900k a year as a result

Oh and his sister bought a $20 500,000,000 extravaganza ticket from the same retailer and won a top 1 mil prizes two years later. I could find the link to the story if youre interested.

United States
    Member #109882
    April 21, 2011
    158 Posts
    Posted: April 24, 2011, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

if you come to downtown manhattan...the retailer is on grand street...i havent been chasing tickets or buying a roll for almost 2 weeks now...only played the jackpot games and a few scratch tickets to bring home....i might buy a roll in a few days or a week or so....

grand street and what block?

United States
      Member #109882
      April 21, 2011
      158 Posts
      Posted: April 24, 2011, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Yes two people have, one from syracuse and one from a retailer two minutes from house. It's a gas station thats in an upper class area, you would least expect that kind of winner to be there. Plus the guy was an investment banker form England, so he dodged federal/state taxes and receives roughly 900k a year as a result

Oh and his sister bought a $20 500,000,000 extravaganza ticket from the same retailer and won a top 1 mil prizes two years later. I could find the link to the story if youre interested.

yea i read that before isnt that strange a banker from england give his mom 100 bucks for tickets and she gets the winning ticket and im here buying thousand of dollars a month and cant get a 500 win.Once again how i said all the tickets are upstate

Long Island
        United States
        Member #108824
        March 31, 2011
        51 Posts
        Posted: April 24, 2011, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

what roll were you thinking of brothadan?

United States
          Member #109882
          April 21, 2011
          158 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2011, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

How much are you guaranteed back on the $1,500 roll ?

If I had to choose I would rather buy the roll than $300 worth of Powerball. PB odds are beyond terrible.

theres no guarentee except if theres no winner in there your down practically 800 bucks.Would you play that ticket?

Long Island
            United States
            Member #108824
            March 31, 2011
            51 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2011, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

no there is a minimum, and it was what I calculated in my earlier post. It came out to around $700-750 per roll on average. Every roll has a minimum amount of prizes according to the odds posted on the website.

United States
              Member #109882
              April 21, 2011
              158 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2011, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

You get approximately 50% back, all you have to do is calculate the odds for 50 tickets. I'll do it quickly here...

$30.00--1 in 25 ($60 total)

$35.00--1 in 6.58 (Around $250)

$40--1 in 20 ($80 total)

$50--1 in 16 ($150 total)

$100--1 in 25 ($200 total)

Those are the prizes you are guaranteed 

The least you could expect would be around $700-750 so just about half. Of course you could hit the 500, 1,000, 5,000 prizes if you get a lucky a roll, but you'll most likely toss $700 down the drain if you buy a $30 roll.

I think $5 and $10 are the best rolls to buy in NY

what tickets do you suggest? i have about 1500 to spend on rolls and would like you guys input on this.Go to the ny lottery website and go to instant game reports and then on the top go to top prizes left and tell  me what rolls you suggest i was thinking about the 5 dollar money for life.It has 5 grand prizes of 100k {66k after taxes} and 194 second prizes of 2,500 . What do you guys think ?

Long Island
                United States
                Member #108824
                March 31, 2011
                51 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2011, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

I think thats a good roll to buy, but you also may wanna try the $10 cash word ticket three top prizes and 141 $5k prizes left. Plus the million is a lump sum

United States
                  Member #109882
                  April 21, 2011
                  158 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2011, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

I think thats a good roll to buy, but you also may wanna try the $10 cash word ticket three top prizes and 141 $5k prizes left. Plus the million is a lump sum

the problem with the cashword tickets is that they take a long time to screatch a roll .With all the letters that you have to match it would take 3 days to scratch a roll

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                    Florida
                    United States
                    Member #104435
                    January 14, 2011
                    2244 Posts
                    Posted: April 24, 2011, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

the problem with the cashword tickets is that they take a long time to screatch a roll .With all the letters that you have to match it would take 3 days to scratch a roll

That is the only downside and reason I  dont get a Bingo roll. I once got a Crossword and it took me 3-4 hours to scratch 100 tickets. I had to "play" all the loosing codes to make sure they are losers. 

But if you have time id say go for it. It is a lot of fun if you get 2-3 words already early on.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

United States
                      Member #109882
                      April 21, 2011
                      158 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2011, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

That is the only downside and reason I  dont get a Bingo roll. I once got a Crossword and it took me 3-4 hours to scratch 100 tickets. I had to "play" all the loosing codes to make sure they are losers. 

But if you have time id say go for it. It is a lot of fun if you get 2-3 words already early on.

hey james have you had any wins lately?

United States
                        Member #109882
                        April 21, 2011
                        158 Posts
                        Posted: April 24, 2011, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

the problem is with the crosswords is if the codes are losing codes you still have to scratch them off because losing codes are for jackpots also.I wish if you had a jackpot it would say pot or jack.It isnt that simple i use to see mkn and think  it was a loser until i figured that mkn can also be a million dollar jackpot code.I wish i could spend 5 hours scratching but i dont have the patience.My wife hates when i get a roll because of the blue mess that comes with it and especially my blue hands and finger nails lol. James did you go to the ny lotto site?if so what do you recommend based on your experience

ny
                          United States
                          Member #88765
                          March 22, 2010
                          319 Posts
                          Posted: April 24, 2011, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

grand street between forsyth and eldridge....let me know the results if you do go there to buy a roll...good luck

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #104435
                            January 14, 2011
                            2244 Posts
                            Posted: April 24, 2011, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

the problem is with the crosswords is if the codes are losing codes you still have to scratch them off because losing codes are for jackpots also.I wish if you had a jackpot it would say pot or jack.It isnt that simple i use to see mkn and think  it was a loser until i figured that mkn can also be a million dollar jackpot code.I wish i could spend 5 hours scratching but i dont have the patience.My wife hates when i get a roll because of the blue mess that comes with it and especially my blue hands and finger nails lol. James did you go to the ny lotto site?if so what do you recommend based on your experience

Well your $5 games offer $1 MM jackpots right ? Maybe get a roll of those.

If I had to chose between a $20 game roll id get the "Win For Life Spectacular"

To win $5,000 is 1 in 25,200 which is pretty decent.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

United States
                              Member #109882
                              April 21, 2011
                              158 Posts
                              Posted: April 24, 2011, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

grand street between forsyth and eldridge....let me know the results if you do go there to buy a roll...good luck

im from new yorka nd i might need to put that address in my navigation is that in the village or is there a number street like 14th street?I guess i dont know the whole new york lol

Page 12 of 46