Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Scratch-off Discussion

Topic closed. 680 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lenkame.

Page 6 of 46
PrintE-mailLink
New York
United States
Member #105282
January 28, 2011
66 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2011, 12:21 am - IP Logged

I will hit a jackpot though, mark my words on that. And when I do get that ticket I'll be sure to post proof of it on LP

ny
    United States
    Member #88765
    March 22, 2010
    319 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2011, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

dam lost at least another $500 today...so 4 days in a row lost about $2000....so i decided to let my wife hold all the cash and cards in my wallet....i am still going to buy the jackpot games but i am cutting back on scratchers...maybe just a few tickets to bring home...no more scratching at the store....

a few numbers that i remembered today were $30 tickets #20 loser, #19 loser, #18 $35 winner.....also went to another store for the $30 tickets, i dont remember the numbers but i also bought 3 tickets and the 3rd ticket was also a $35 winner....

$20 win for life #50 loser, #49 $20 winner....

also bought the last 30 tickets of the $5 lucky tables and it was digusting....first winner was $5 , $10 , $10, $10, $5.....digusting.......

bunch of other tickets that i didnt pay attention or care to remember cause i have been losing alot..........anyways.....time to get drunk.....hopefully with the few tickets that i will buy from now, ill get a decent winner to post here........good luck everyone

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #104435
      January 14, 2011
      2244 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2011, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

dam lost at least another $500 today...so 4 days in a row lost about $2000....so i decided to let my wife hold all the cash and cards in my wallet....i am still going to buy the jackpot games but i am cutting back on scratchers...maybe just a few tickets to bring home...no more scratching at the store....

a few numbers that i remembered today were $30 tickets #20 loser, #19 loser, #18 $35 winner.....also went to another store for the $30 tickets, i dont remember the numbers but i also bought 3 tickets and the 3rd ticket was also a $35 winner....

$20 win for life #50 loser, #49 $20 winner....

also bought the last 30 tickets of the $5 lucky tables and it was digusting....first winner was $5 , $10 , $10, $10, $5.....digusting.......

bunch of other tickets that i didnt pay attention or care to remember cause i have been losing alot..........anyways.....time to get drunk.....hopefully with the few tickets that i will buy from now, ill get a decent winner to post here........good luck everyone

Ouch. This is why I said its better to buy a roll and take it home. Even if you get 60% back you still have money for the next day. Plus you got a better chance of winning with a roll. Good luck I hope we strike it big soon !!!

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Adrift's avatar - natureavatars
        Long Island
        United States
        Member #108824
        March 31, 2011
        51 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2011, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys, new member here and just started playing scratch-offs a few months ago. I'll start contributing my scratch-off results when I return to New York and the dust settles a bit. I plan on moving back very soon though and admit I miss the scratch-offs there! haha. My biggest win right now is only $100 but then again I usually don't spend over $40. I believe it was on the "Win a mil a year for life" ticket that costs 30 bucks. I only buy one of those when I do. Which tickets do you guys usually play?

NYC
          United States
          Member #107856
          March 16, 2011
          13 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2011, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Tryed playing the $5 money for life #65-68 nothing  5xLoose chance- won a dollar back on the last ticket. Done for that day

New York
            United States
            Member #105282
            January 28, 2011
            66 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2011, 12:12 am - IP Logged

I decided I'd get a single ticket while getting gas, not bad..

#28 500,000,000 extravaganza--3 coins for $10 each, $10 profit.

I just bought it on a whim cause I had some extra cash.

ny
              United States
              Member #88765
              March 22, 2010
              319 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2011, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

sigh dam...i am furious...so right before i got to the store to buy scratch off tickets...someone won $500 on the $10 set for life....and while i was scratching tickets in the store...someone won $1500 on the $5 cashword.....the guy who won $1500 bought only 2-3 tickets....i would have won that ticket if it wasnt for my stupid theory....because if i was scratching ticket 1 after another chasing, i wouldnt want anyone else buying the roll i was playing..........i did plan to buy the $5 cashword but i didnt because......o man.........................i hate nylottery...................i hate my luck............

new york
                United States
                Member #63828
                August 9, 2008
                175 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2011, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Poor brothadan! I feel your pain and am sorry for your losses!

Keep the faith - one day (soon!) you'll be the one winning the $1500 ticket!!

Good luck always!!

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #104435
                  January 14, 2011
                  2244 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2011, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

sigh dam...i am furious...so right before i got to the store to buy scratch off tickets...someone won $500 on the $10 set for life....and while i was scratching tickets in the store...someone won $1500 on the $5 cashword.....the guy who won $1500 bought only 2-3 tickets....i would have won that ticket if it wasnt for my stupid theory....because if i was scratching ticket 1 after another chasing, i wouldnt want anyone else buying the roll i was playing..........i did plan to buy the $5 cashword but i didnt because......o man.........................i hate nylottery...................i hate my luck............

OUCH !!!

Maybe buy a roll take it home and hope for the best ?? So you wont have to deal with this happening ??

2014 Highest Winner: $500

New York
                    United States
                    Member #105282
                    January 28, 2011
                    66 Posts
                    Posted: April 3, 2011, 1:50 am - IP Logged

sh1t bro that sounds like what happened to me except that $7500 (tripled with the yellow letter) win on $5 cashword when I was at penn station....sorry to hear about that Sad Cheers

its all about timing man, we can spend the next 10 years going for a jackpot and never get it. I was just thinking of the $30 game and realized they printed 20 MILLION of those tickets! and even more of the $5 and $10 dollar tickets, thats just crazy imo. Thats why i'm only buying one ticket at a time for now, cause buying more increases your odds by like .00001% and is really not worth the extra $$

I'll only allow myself to spend a lot of $$ one more time. i'm gonna buy 2 rolls. My retailer has that old $5 one million bucks game, and the $5 harley game i'm thinking of trying one really old roll and one brand new one. I'll probably get either $10 3,000,000 richer or the $5 sweet million for the new roll. Or I can get a $20 roll of win for life spec....not exactly sure on what I should do, any thoughts?

Oh and I bought one $5 one million bucks #88, got one coin for $20 on the last slot. Lol I though it was something big cause I've seen many jackpot winning tickets getting the 1 mil print on the last spot.

ny
                      United States
                      Member #88765
                      March 22, 2010
                      319 Posts
                      Posted: April 3, 2011, 9:34 am - IP Logged

yea jay...its definitly timing and luck.......sorta got really mad yesterday and spent whatever i had in my wallet and lost lol.........

im pretty sure the $5 one million bucks and the $5 harley games only have 1 jackpot left in them. if you want to go for a old game, i would go for the $5 green or the $5 bankroll.....3 jackpots left in each of them. or maybe a $5 match game (the old purple one). a roll of $20 win for life would be crazy lol......i wish i had someone to split half for a roll of that lol..............

New York
                        United States
                        Member #105282
                        January 28, 2011
                        66 Posts
                        Posted: April 4, 2011, 10:01 am - IP Logged

yeah i know theres only "1" more jackpot (probably 0) but I feel like there are still some second/third tier prizes around, but getting the $5 green or bankroll is probably a better idea. Not sure what i'll do yet....but splitting a $20 win for life spec. roll would be much better for my wallet lol

Interesting thing happened this morning. I walk in my retailer and had my eye set on a brand new $10 set for life roll, starting at #50. I asked the clerk for that ticket and noticed there wasn't any black square next to the #50, never seen that before. Not sure if it was a printing error or something, strange.

I started scratching the winning numbers and saw H U and knew I won $100. Got three # matches two $25.00 and one $50.00....took my $90 profit this morning and am now off to work, just thought to share while i'm home. Great day so far!Lep

ny
                          United States
                          Member #88765
                          March 22, 2010
                          319 Posts
                          Posted: April 4, 2011, 10:47 am - IP Logged

yea its wierd...sometime on numbers 001,050, or 100 there will be a black box...sometimes there wont be....but nice win there for 1 ticket...

im off later to buy quick picks for jackpot games and some tickets to bring home to scratch....no more crazyness....too much bills to pay...

New York
                            United States
                            Member #105282
                            January 28, 2011
                            66 Posts
                            Posted: April 4, 2011, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

yea man buying one ticket at a time has been pretty profitable so far lol, I suggest you try the same..

still not sure of which rolls to buy, I just found out my retailer has a roll of that new $5 match & win but scratching 100 of those would drive me crazy haha 

Stopped by a gas station in queens on the way home and got a #43 $10 cashword that lost. Also bought a $10 quickpick for the mega millions tomorrow night. I'm just spending $10-$20 until i'm ready to buy the rolls, can't wait to see what'll happen...

ny
                              United States
                              Member #88765
                              March 22, 2010
                              319 Posts
                              Posted: April 4, 2011, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

bought $10 richer #50 loser, #49 loser, #48 loser, #47 loser, #46 $15 winner.... then $10 magnicicent #50 loser, #49 loser, #48 loser, #47 $40 winner.......$10 bingo #13 loser......#72 bankroll loser........$20 win for life #26 loser and #25 loser...........bad day as usual........hopefully 800 comes out for tonight pick 3......and the numbers matching for tonights sweet million or take 5 lol.............

Page 6 of 46