Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Scratch-off Discussion

Topic closed. 680 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lenkame.

Page 9 of 46
PrintE-mailLink
ny
United States
Member #88765
March 22, 2010
319 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2011, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

im glad i found this place because im probably the biggest gambler on this site not proud of it though lol.I buy multiple rolls at a time and never have won more than 500 bucks.I also play every lottery in new york including pick ten and keno so i will keep everybody updated with all my future winning tickets and numbers and hopefully all 3 digit codes for the winners.I bought 4  300,000 cashword tickets tickets 89 to 92 ticket 89 was a dud ,ticket 90 had 30 bucks ,ticket 91 had 20 bucks and ticket 92 was a dud so i made a profit of 30 bucks.I dont usually make a profit.

Im probably down 25k since the last two years i started playing .I feel i will win one day that what drives me even though the odds are against me but if i win you will be the first two now.I plan on buying a 3 million dollar richer roll tomorrow or a set for life. Im always on the nylottery website looking at the winners and almost all are from either upstate or from queens or brooklyn.I dont think manhattan and the bronx has much winning tickets.Alot of people say that the tickets go out randomly but i wonder why manhattan doesnt get much wins>I have seen a guy in front of me in the line buy a 5 dolalr sterling silver and won a million i wasnt mad becuase i dont ever buy those lol.Well hopefully i will be the big winner.

whoa....hold that thought there jada135...there are alot of hardcore lottery players on this site...lol.....i have only started playing the lottery a year and a half ago and i am down at least 15k...and thats only counting my own cash, not the winners included.....which part of new york are you playing from?? the highest winners i ever got was also a few $500 winners...i also check the nylottery site almost daily lol.......anyways welcome...i hope you can share your experiences with us and the daily results....

United States
    Member #109882
    April 21, 2011
    158 Posts
    Posted: April 21, 2011, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

a roll in ny is very random you can have a roll with a grand prize or a second prize that s huge or you can make 60 percent back how i normally do.Im h=going to buy a roll tomorrow and i will let you guys know what happens

United States
      Member #109882
      April 21, 2011
      158 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2011, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

whoa....hold that thought there jada135...there are alot of hardcore lottery players on this site...lol.....i have only started playing the lottery a year and a half ago and i am down at least 15k...and thats only counting my own cash, not the winners included.....which part of new york are you playing from?? the highest winners i ever got was also a few $500 winners...i also check the nylottery site almost daily lol.......anyways welcome...i hope you can share your experiences with us and the daily results....

im from harlem new york and i play alot.I once tried to be part of a pool of players at 2 dollars a drwing and thats not enough for me i needa pool of 100 to 200 dollars a drwing and i will never find that .I play sweet million,keno,mega,powerball,take 5 ,pick 10,the lotto, and scratchoffs like no tomorrow i bought 100 bucks worth today of scratchers and 300 worth of pick ten ,sweet million and take 5 combined.I havent scracthed them i will post my results in a few hours thanks to all for the nice welcome lol

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #104435
        January 14, 2011
        2244 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2011, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

im from harlem new york and i play alot.I once tried to be part of a pool of players at 2 dollars a drwing and thats not enough for me i needa pool of 100 to 200 dollars a drwing and i will never find that .I play sweet million,keno,mega,powerball,take 5 ,pick 10,the lotto, and scratchoffs like no tomorrow i bought 100 bucks worth today of scratchers and 300 worth of pick ten ,sweet million and take 5 combined.I havent scracthed them i will post my results in a few hours thanks to all for the nice welcome lol

Hardcore indeed !!

Good luck on the roll let us know how it goes Patriot

2014 Highest Winner: $500

ny
          United States
          Member #88765
          March 22, 2010
          319 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2011, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

whoaaaa whattttttt!? $300 worth of pick ten, sweet,take 5 combined for 1 drawing???? for 1 day???

i am from downtown manhattan...daily, i usually buy an average of $10-$20 of take 5,pick 10, and whatever jackpot games for the day....and if the jackpot is big i will buy more

the most i ever lost from scratchers on 1 day is around $1000....chasing tickets and going to different stores....i think the best strategy is to either buy a roll OR buy a few tickets to bring home to scratch.....chasing tickets in my experience isnt working too well...

anyways keep me posting on your results....good luck

Adrift's avatar - natureavatars
            Long Island
            United States
            Member #108824
            March 31, 2011
            51 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2011, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

The odds of hitting $500 on ny scratch-offs are low, for $10 tickets its at least 1 in 1,500 and for $20 its around 1 in 600...

I checked the florida lottery website and noticed the odds on $10 and $20 tickets are much better for some of the higher prizes like $500-$5,000

United States
              Member #109882
              April 21, 2011
              158 Posts
              Posted: April 22, 2011, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Well good morning all i scratched off all 100 bucks worth and only got back 15 bucks in the 3 million dollar richer.The set for life and the cashword were all dud.I wasted 300 in all lotto's and just got  4 numbers on the sweet million which pays 40 bucks so i wasted 400 bucks yesterday and got back 55 not a good day. i might pass up the roll for today.

I just got back from georgia 2 days ago and i wasted over 1900 dollars in their lottery in a week.I played their fantasy 5 and their decades of dollars game and their scratchoffs.Their scratchoffs barely pay out not like new york cards.Well i got to slow it down im losing alot of money chasing that dream and its all that show lthe ottery changed my life that got me spending like this .It must be all the lotteries advertising and putting up money for that show to be on the air because they got me with their plan lol.I always say im not going to buy and as soon as i pass through a retailer im buying like i got the monkey on my back.

United States
                Member #109882
                April 21, 2011
                158 Posts
                Posted: April 22, 2011, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Hardcore indeed !!

Good luck on the roll let us know how it goes Patriot

James you have won 57 $100 TICKETS?DO YOU HAVE A SYSTEM OR ARE YOU JUST LUCKY? i buy so much and all i ever win is 20 to 50 bucks.Maybe i am cursed lol.

United States
                  Member #109882
                  April 21, 2011
                  158 Posts
                  Posted: April 22, 2011, 11:38 am - IP Logged

so i just came up witha  idea .Im going to save up 3,000 dollars and im going to buy  6 rolls and if that doesnt get me anything then i quit.Ill probably come up with the funds by monday so i already decided what rolls im going to get. Im getting a

3million dollar richer roll     $10 tickets

set for life roll                     $10 tickets

double triple cashword       $5 dollar tickets

money for life                      $5 dollar tickets

super money x 10               $2 dollar tickets

win for life                           $ 2 dollar tickets

What do you guys think if your from new york what rolls do you recommend?

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #104435
                    January 14, 2011
                    2244 Posts
                    Posted: April 22, 2011, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

James you have won 57 $100 TICKETS?DO YOU HAVE A SYSTEM OR ARE YOU JUST LUCKY? i buy so much and all i ever win is 20 to 50 bucks.Maybe i am cursed lol.

Compared to other states it is EASY to win $100 in Florida. Some tickets the odds are only 1 in 30.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #104435
                      January 14, 2011
                      2244 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2011, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

so i just came up witha  idea .Im going to save up 3,000 dollars and im going to buy  6 rolls and if that doesnt get me anything then i quit.Ill probably come up with the funds by monday so i already decided what rolls im going to get. Im getting a

3million dollar richer roll     $10 tickets

set for life roll                     $10 tickets

double triple cashword       $5 dollar tickets

money for life                      $5 dollar tickets

super money x 10               $2 dollar tickets

win for life                           $ 2 dollar tickets

What do you guys think if your from new york what rolls do you recommend?

I would pass on the $2 games personally and just stick to $5-20 games.

Long Island
                        United States
                        Member #108824
                        March 31, 2011
                        51 Posts
                        Posted: April 22, 2011, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Id' say set for life, 3 mil richer, and the two $5 games are all good choices, maybe replace some of the $2 rolls with the newer $5 tickets like sweet million and mothers day. Like the above poster said, you're better off skipping the $2 rolls--too many tickets per roll imo that would take a few days to scratch haha.

I would also buy the rolls in a few different areas if you're trying to hit something big. Try to buy each roll from retailers in queens, manhattan, brooklyn etc.

I'm thinking about doing something very similar except I'm gonna spend around $600-800 worth of tickets throughout May and scratch them at the end of the month. I'm gonna only play $5-$30 tickets and buy at least 4-5 consecutive of each type of ticket I buy, cause most people in NY scratch in the store until they hit a prize, leaving the next 1-3 tickets on the roll to be crap

United States
                          Member #109882
                          April 21, 2011
                          158 Posts
                          Posted: April 22, 2011, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

i always skip the two dollar tickets also but i feel ima get lucky with them and with 14 prizes of 50,000 dollars i might want to go for that even though 250 tickets is alot to scratch i think ill get lucky

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #104435
                            January 14, 2011
                            2244 Posts
                            Posted: April 22, 2011, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

i always skip the two dollar tickets also but i feel ima get lucky with them and with 14 prizes of 50,000 dollars i might want to go for that even though 250 tickets is alot to scratch i think ill get lucky

How long does it take you to scratch through the roll ? Do you scratch the whole ticket or just look for the codes ?

Long Island
                              United States
                              Member #108824
                              March 31, 2011
                              51 Posts
                              Posted: April 22, 2011, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

yeah I know what you mean, I always tell myself to stay away from $2 tickets but I end up buying them anyway, especially the newer ones. I ironically have had my luckiest win on the $2 loose change doubler ticket ($50 winner and then a $20 winner right after) it was like 1 in 6,000 odds.

If you feel lucky I'd say go for it, but for me the chance of hitting any annuity is much more appealing

Page 9 of 46