Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Scratch-off Discussion

Topic closed. 680 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lenkame.

Page 3 of 46
PrintE-mailLink
NYC
United States
Member #107856
March 16, 2011
13 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2011, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

The $100 winner was #192 and the $5 was #195

New York
    United States
    Member #105282
    January 28, 2011
    66 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2011, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Just picked up a few tickets, pretty decent results:

1-- #09 $30 win a mil a year for life: won $40

2-- #42, #43 $10 3,000,000 richer: won $20 on the first and a coin for $25 on the second

2-- #34, #35 $5 million dollar bankroll ticket: lost on both

1-- #24 $20 win for life spectacular ticket: loser

1-- #49 $10 set for life: won $50

total spent: $100

total won: $135

Some guy also won $7,500 on the $5 cashword ticket a few minutes before I purchased my tickets

ny
      United States
      Member #88765
      March 22, 2010
      319 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2011, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

wow your pretty lucky there...i got a few $30 life tickets #50 loser, #49 loser, and #48 $35 winner.....eh...and a few other tickets....was down about $150 today....hopefully my megamillions ticket will hit a nice one....

did you know the number of the ticket for the $7500 win???

New York
        United States
        Member #105282
        January 28, 2011
        66 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2011, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

sorry to hear about the losses bro

and for the cashword ticket #, the clerk told me he just bought it literally a few minutes ago and I saw #85 as the next ticket so probably like #86-89. funny thing is I had that ticket in mind cause I saw quite a few top prizes remaining, just a few minutes too late! Angry oh well...

and my luck a few days ago was pretty bad, I bought $120 worth of random $5-$30 tickets and came back to claim $35-- that felt horrible, haven't lost like that in a while hah

ny
          United States
          Member #88765
          March 22, 2010
          319 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2011, 12:17 am - IP Logged

ouch yea it was a close call for you...imagine winning that $7500....wow...i could use that to almost break even from buying scratch tickets lol....

jay, do you scratch them at the store or do you bring them home??

New York
            United States
            Member #105282
            January 28, 2011
            66 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2011, 1:06 am - IP Logged

same here $7500 is like exactly what I need to break even LOL!

honestly man I've been buying a few tickets $40-$100 worth and bring them home since I started scratching, and I try to scope out end of the roll tickets and go to a few retailers...doesn't always work though. I'm set on scratching at the store from now on though, just makes more sense.

One time I dropped $100 on a few tickets and got a $100 winner on the $20 win for life spectacular and it was the first ticket I bought, could've been $80 profit but instead turned into a $40 loss. Although sometimes i'll only buy one ticket and get a nice winner--still think scratching at the store is the best strategy though...

edit: forgot to mention the $7500 winner was sold at world books in penn station, I bought my tickets there before taking the LIRR home

ny
              United States
              Member #88765
              March 22, 2010
              319 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2011, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

most of the time i scratch it at the store but the theory of ''the next ticket might be a winner'' empties my wallet quick, if its a dead roll or someone just won something big and im the one chasing losing tickets...i guess just got to be buying the tickets at the right moment.....

i barely buy tickets around midtown...i buy them mostly around downtown....most retailers in the downtown area sells from the end of the roll to the beginning...but in new york city theres almost a lottery retailer at every corner lol....

last night my $30 worth of megamillions also failed lol....you got any strategy on the scratch tickets?? for me for example for the $10 rolls i like to chase the numbers of 1-5...around number 20...around 30...and 45-50....

New York
                United States
                Member #105282
                January 28, 2011
                66 Posts
                Posted: March 24, 2011, 1:38 am - IP Logged

man after buying two rolls of $10 platinum payout and $10 set for life a few months ago, I'm almost certain that $50-$100 winners are 70% of the time at the end of the roll. I had a $100 winner on both rolls, #45 and #46...the results have been the same for most of the random tickets I've boughten in the past. I got a #49 set for life the other day and it was a $50 winner. Bought a #50 set for life a few months ago and got a $100 winner--go figure

now for $500+ winners I think its all random--one recent winner on the nylottery website won the jackpot on the $5 millionaire madness ticket and said it was #14--good example to show theres not too much strategy for the big winners. I've also seen a $1k winner/$500 winner on 500,000,000 extravaganza taped in my local retailer and I remember them #'d right in the middle.

I feel like NYC is the best place to buy tickets cause theres so many more tickets being bought everyday and rolls get replaced a lot faster than they do here on L.I. The quarterly revenue for the NY metro area on the nylottery's website is more than triple every other county lol

I'll be buying some tickets sometime tomorrow and will keep you posted bro...

New York
                  United States
                  Member #105282
                  January 28, 2011
                  66 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2011, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

what a day! Finally have some winners worth mentioning!! Dance

I had about $200 in my wallet and started out at my local Gulf station in nassau county, L.I.--decided I'd scratch at the store and see what happens...

I saw 1,000,000 cashword was a brand new roll starting at #50 so I decided to get one lost on that, bought #49 lost that, and then #48 won $100, got 7 words!!

Up $80 at this point and decided to buy a couple of $30 win a mil a year for life, this is where things got good...

Bought ticket #44 loser

#43--$35 winner

#42--$100 winner again!! Hurray!Hyper

Up $150 (bought a #88 $5 minute to win it and lost) so I have $350 now. I'm gonna withdraw $160 from my account and buy a roll of the $10 "3,000,000 richer" ticket. My retailer has the roll and is willing to sell it, about to get get that in the next few minutes or so. Will keep you guys posted on what happens, wish me luck!Lep I have a good feeling about this, especially cause its a new game and I dont think any jackpots have been won yet..

ny
                    United States
                    Member #88765
                    March 22, 2010
                    319 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2011, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

thats pretty lucky there....usually if i get a $35 win from the $30 scratch tickets i wouldnt buy the next one. what made you buy the next ticket??

i also bought a $1,000,000 cashword ticket #50 today and got a $50 winner. also got a $5 empire #68 $20 winner and a $5 bankroll ticket #45 $10 winner. went to another store and end up losing all the wins and extra $50 lol..........

theres only 3 jackpots left for the $10 richer tickets....didnt it start out with 4 jackpots??? anyway let me know the results!!! lol good luck

New York
                      United States
                      Member #105282
                      January 28, 2011
                      66 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2011, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

I bought that next one cause I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago, won $35 then $100 and oddly enough $30 after that....I was up a few bucks so I decided why not? Mad lucky though, no question haha

yeah maybe there were 4 jackpots-surprised the winner wasn't on the website yet though, maybe next update

sorry to hear about the losses, it seems like you lose a lot by getting greedy lol....that may be me though, hopefully I don't get like 50-60% on this roll it would really suck to lose all my profit from today! But I've been wanting a roll for a while and I've had pretty good luck with this ticket so what the hel1.

arite about to head out, will keep you posted later tonight man Hippy

New York
                        United States
                        Member #105282
                        January 28, 2011
                        66 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2011, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

just got done scratching and got the usual results from $10 rolls, sigh...getting sick and tired of this same BS

highlights:

#23: $50 winner, coin

#41: $50 winner, three # matches

#46: $100 winner, 10x symbol for $10

then four $20 winners, one $25 and two $10 winners...

what I got back: $315, lost my profit and $35 out of my own cash, real pissed right now Bang Head

I honestly feel ripped off, I've been playing scratch-offs for just about a year now and haven't gotten over a $250 winner (mind you I've boughten three rolls)....I must be down $7,000 at this point....really considering a long break or quittin altogether. I seriously have the worst luck when it comes to big wins...I missed a $7500 $5 cashword win by just a few tickets and a $5 mil prize on the 500,000,000 extravaganza ticket as I go to that king kullen a lot and have boughten that ticket plenty of times. In fact I bought two of them just a week before that win, and of course some old guy wins a week later...

I probably just need some time to get over this Sad Cheers

ny
                          United States
                          Member #88765
                          March 22, 2010
                          319 Posts
                          Posted: March 28, 2011, 1:04 am - IP Logged

eh sux to hear that...im also down about $10,000 from the scratch tickets and jackpot games and i only started playing about a year and half now...

i never bought a roll of the $10 or $20 before....the only roll i ever bought was the $5 super 9's.....and i only got about 60% back...i remember once i bought 10 tickets of the $30 tickets from #41-#50 and only got back about 60% also.......eh its always getting pissed and when you wake up tomorrow, you want to try and win again lol.........

New York
                            United States
                            Member #105282
                            January 28, 2011
                            66 Posts
                            Posted: March 28, 2011, 2:30 am - IP Logged

I'm thinking of saving up for a last final shot at getting a 5,000+ win. I know it probably won't happen but given the current job I have its worth at least one more shot. I'll probably buy a bunch of tickets ($500-$800) from different retailers, different areas and buy most towards the end of the book and see what happens. If I lose like I usually do I'm gonna quit and play the jackpot games occassionally when they reach above 100 mil. I need to have some discipline because scratch-offs in general have raped my wallet lol

since 5,000 and below is not taxed that'll pretty much cover my losses.

ny
                              United States
                              Member #88765
                              March 22, 2010
                              319 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2011, 9:24 am - IP Logged

hm i thought anything over 600 is taxed??

Page 3 of 46